http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/147814-reason-shtty-o-line-play/
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quote:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Originally posted by susweel:
JTO = Smith

only difference is JTO would be a lot cheaper.

Some people just don't want to see this truth.I honestly feel Carr can be more efficient. We have better players around him than what he had in Houston. He doesn't need to throw up 2 TD and 270+ yards a game. He only needs to NOT throw 2 INTs a game.

Let it go oldman up until last year when JH managed Smith's limitations he was on way to being David Carr. That JH is one hell of a coach.
Let it go oldman

Don't be sore, bro. The reminiscing is all in good fun, and everyone should be accountable for their posts, right?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Let it go oldman

Don't be sore, bro. The reminiscing is all in good fun, and everyone should be accountable for their posts, right?

Totally and it's a lesson learned...how passionate we are sometimes as fans that we genuinely lose our perspectives. The WZ is a perfect platform to let loose for some. It also goes to show that most ppl never change their stance no matter what so it's fun to relive these old threads.
1 WINNING SEASON :)
I went to school at bemidji state with Trent
Originally posted by ilikecows699:

A house starts with one brick. Being a successful franchise starts with one winning season.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by ilikecows699:

A house starts with one brick. Being a successful franchise starts with one winning season.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He threw in all his chips on Asomugha, and now is like a deer in headlights. "He didn't sign with us????"

The Niners had the draft and free agency to solve the greatest problem facing this team: covering wide receivers. In the end, the Cardinals get Patrick Peterson, the Eagles, Nnamdi Asomugha, the Texans, Johnathan Joseph, the Ravens, Chris Carr, the Steelers, Ike Taylor, the Jets, Antonio Cromartie, and the 49ers......Chris Culliver, a converted safety.

It sure should be fun to watch Larry Fitzgerald and Braylon Edwards and Todd Heap and Kevin Kolb carve up our secondary in 2011. It's OK. We've got Antwan Applewhite and Larry Grant.

So, what has been our biggest signing: Ray McDonald to a $20 million contract; and he will probably end up sitting on the bench if Franklin returns. Genius!!!!

Goldson is basically begging us to re-sign him, and when we finally do, some board members will scream, "Trent is a success", as if he had to do any heavy lifting.

"Be patient"! We have a "plan".

P.S. Jeff Kaplan's article on the home page, in discussing the epic disaster we are witnessing, was brilliant. Nice work!!

By the way, are we still going to the playoffs, Jed? Looks like we are making a big push to get there.

Oh MadDog
The only concerns I had with the draft was that we didn't draft Fleener over Jenkins (we saw what Graham did against us with the Saints); he is a guy who I felt could come in paired with VD and dominate the middle of the field, be key on 3rd downs and be an ideal target in the RZ. I knew we'd draft a RB high but felt LMJ is almost identical to Hunter and felt we didn't use Hunter enough like a Sproles last year. He was VERY successful every time he touched the ball and had a great skill set (including blitz pick up). But I knew with Gore, we'd get one high and perhaps these two are our future RB's. The other concern was that if we planned to have Boone transition to RG, why not draft a T or pick one up in FA? On this team in particular, injuries are inevitable esp. for Staley. We also didn't draft a two-gapper NT (not as big of an issue) but RJF struggled when Sopoaga was out and Williams is an unknown.

We'll see how it all pans out but the rest of the off season moves and draft were fantastic.

Originally posted by NCommand:
The only concerns I had with the draft was that we didn't draft Fleener over Jenkins (we saw what Graham did against us with the Saints); he is a guy who I felt could come in paired with VD and dominate the middle of the field, be key on 3rd downs and be an ideal target in the RZ. I knew we'd draft a RB high but felt LMJ is almost identical to Hunter and felt we didn't use Hunter enough like a Sproles last year. He was VERY successful every time he touched the ball and had a great skill set (including blitz pick up). But I knew with Gore, we'd get one high and perhaps these two are our future RB's. The other concern was that if we planned to have Boone transition to RG, why not draft a T or pick one up in FA? On this team in particular, injuries are inevitable esp. for Staley. We also didn't draft a two-gapper NT (not as big of an issue) but RJF struggled when Sopoaga was out and Williams is an unknown.

We'll see how it all pans out but the rest of the off season moves and draft were fantastic.

Wanted Fleener for all of those reasons, but oh well. LMJ surprised me as a bit redundant, because as you said, similar skills to Hunter.

Not gonna get into the OL thing again... also disagree about RJF struggling. Most beatwriters stated that RJF filled in very well for Sopo and from my many viewings, I agree with them.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I share those concerns as well. I really wanted Fleener for the reasons you suggest and was surprised by the selection of Jenkins. LMJ also was a surprise at first, but his production in college might suggest that he was the BPA.

I disagree about Boone tho. I don't believe they initially considered him for a switch to RG. I believe they had faith, and still have faith, in Kilgore. Boone himself is responsible for his switch to RG, imho. He just wants on the field, and when he came forward the coaches thought, "Why not?" Whether he wins the starter's role is yet to be determined.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Oh MadDog

Lol

This has got to be the post with the most WRONG statements ever. Seriously. The whole thing. Line by line.
Opinions are like a*****es, Everybody has one....
What Trent has been able to accomplish is incredible. Every player he's drafted has been serviceable maybe besides Ronald Johnson, but I'm hearing our wr's coach pushed for us to draft him. Looks like we are set for about 10 years with a great GM/HC combo.
Share 49ersWebzone