LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Helluva bump there
  • Jiks
Aldon Smith is a bust.
Even if you eliminate his drafts, he has still made great decisions/moves as a GM.

Bringing in Harbaugh and staff
Keeping Tomsula around
Trading for Ginn
Signing Key players to extensions, and never overpaying. Keeping it fair for players and .org.

The only move i wasnt sold on was trading Mays so early for so cheap. I personally wasnt sold on Mays either, but the pick was spent, and i felt Mays was committed strongly and deserved some development.

Other than that i cant really complain. It is too early to judge his drafts fully against other GM's IMO as most players are still developing. I like the fact that he is open to coaching suggestions even though he may have missed a couple times because of them. Shows he is not so set in his evaluations that he is unable to budge. Every GM misses once in a while. Its how many you hit on that counts.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Helluva bump there

OMG! This is such an epic thread and classic overreaction from the WZ. I challenge anyone to go back to page 1 and read through this...good times! Bring your

I won't call anyone out specifically (b/c we've all been guilty of it) but this was my personal favorite quote:

"At this point I think Sing would've been a better GM in free agency."
Originally posted by NCommand:
OMG! This is such an epic thread and classic overreaction from the WZ. I challenge anyone to go back to page 1 and read through this...good times! Bring your

On my way! what the heck... I got time... and snacks.
we were all worried but the man is a genius
Originally posted by oldman9er:

On my way! what the heck... I got time... and snacks.

It'll make your day; truly! Even if you were one of the originals destroying Baalke!

PS: Check out the included offseason grades too (e.g. ESPN).
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM ]
Just got through a few pages... lots of embarrassing all over this. Can't wait to see what I had to say.. don't really remember... might be ugly.
Yeah, was good to read through that. I didn't comment in it back then, apparently. I remember I was disappointed that nothing was being done, but very pleased with the end results.

( and didn't freak out like so many and , lolz )
We might as well cause we'll hate him like Donahue in a few years. lol

Yeah, was good to read through that. I didn't comment in it back then, apparently. I remember I was disappointed that nothing was being done, but very pleased with the end results.

( and didn't freak out like so many and , lolz )

Same here...love revisiting old threads myself; just to go back and see the tone, what I had to say, see how things turned out, etc. Good stuff!
Same here...love revisiting old threads myself; just to go back and see the tone, what I had to say, see how things turned out, etc. Good stuff!

Hey, check this gem out!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/147304-jto-played-better-alex-smith-through-games/
Originally posted by Joecool:

Originally posted by susweel:
JTO = Smith

only difference is JTO would be a lot cheaper.

Some people just don't want to see this truth.I honestly feel Carr can be more efficient. We have better players around him than what he had in Houston. He doesn't need to throw up 2 TD and 270+ yards a game. He only needs to NOT throw 2 INTs a game.

Hey, check this gem out!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/147304-jto-played-better-alex-smith-through-games/

Oh man, you're becoming the phoenix of classic threads!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
meh, CK and AJ are already busting.
Share 49ersWebzone