There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

They're not steals. Brown pretty much cost the Eagles the game against us. 7th rd pick is too much for his washed up ass.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
They're not steals. Brown pretty much cost the Eagles the game against us. 7th rd pick is too much for his washed up ass.

I disagree that the the 230-something pick in the 2013 draft is better than a 29-year-old proven RB starter. Just sayin'
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,354
Originally posted by stunder49:
why would you try to fix something that is not broken?

This. End of thread
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Reggie Wayne's name has come up as possibly being available. With Morgan being out, an Edwards, Crabtree, Wayne combo would be a pretty nice luxury.

I dont' know what his contract status is or what the Colts would want for compensation but it seems like an idea worth entertaining.

This would be a dream for a QB to look downfield and see those 3 along with VD and Dluv! Shet make it happen if the Colts are even considering letting him go.
We would probably have to trade Jesus and Adrianna Lima to get Reggie Wayne.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Perhaps, but then again Jax would probably be his #1 destination. I just get uneasy thinking about the lack of our WR depth behind Braylon and Crabtree especially knowing how Crabs has been often bothered by SOME type of injury and the fact that Braylon's still coming off knee surgery.

Seeing Ginn run out of bounds for 9 yards on the 2nd and 10 got me furious.

+1
I suppose seeing Ginn return the ball to the Lions' 40 yard line to set up the game-winning touch down made you furious too?
Well looks like NT is back to being itself ..... knee-jerk, demanding, and completely unable to understand football personnel moves.
I don't buy into it at all we were in the mix for Llyod, just rumors.

We are fine. I like where we are going. continue to build through the draft.
The trade deadline in the NFL for the most part is always quiet. If not for the unlucky broken collarbone for Jason Campbell, It would've been very quiet today.
Originally posted by valrod33:
We tried trading for Lloyd but he told the Broncos he didnt want to come here

Good, Lloyd sucked when he was here, sucked when he was in Denver, and will suck while he's in St. Louis. He makes 1 or 2 absolutely spectacular catches, and drops all the easy ones...



I wish I could find the one of him alligator arming it in the endzone too but, I was unable to find that one.
Originally posted by stunder49:
why would you try to fix something that is not broken?

.
I love what Baalke has done in the draft for the most part and the off season, but he is not perfect. His first weakness is listening to coaches who have tantrums one was the Mays gate with Singletary and the other was the jumping up and down on the table of our WR coach Morton cause he wanted Ronald Johnson.

Which leads to how did we miss on Doug Baldwin? He was undrafted, he actually falls in the same stat cat as Ronald did, although slightly smaller, but why did JH not like him or recommend him to Baalke since they are familiar with one another. He knows the offense. Baldwin killed us in the first game and it was no fluke since then. Then again maybe it was blessing cause Seattle would be worse and in the running for Luck (although technically they still are).

Which leads to another question does anyone think Stanfords current receivers Chris Owusu and Griff Whalen are worth a late round look see. Whalen is starting to remind me of the Pats small goto white guy -haha (no offense to you haole guys out there) .
Nobody said the guy was perfect. Heck, even Bill Walsh whiffed on his share of picks, including some high profile first rounders. Baalke is sure to miss on a few as is Harbaugh. The hope is that they hit more winners than losers. But, expect losers. Even from the good guys.
watch yo mouf!
Originally posted by WildBill:
I love what Baalke has done in the draft for the most part and the off season, but he is not perfect. His first weakness is listening to coaches who have tantrums one was the Mays gate with Singletary and the other was the jumping up and down on the table of our WR coach Morton cause he wanted Ronald Johnson.

Which leads to how did we miss on Doug Baldwin? He was undrafted, he actually falls in the same stat cat as Ronald did, although slightly smaller, but why did JH not like him or recommend him to Baalke since they are familiar with one another. He knows the offense. Baldwin killed us in the first game and it was no fluke since then. Then again maybe it was blessing cause Seattle would be worse and in the running for Luck (although technically they still are).

Which leads to another question does anyone think Stanfords current receivers Chris Owusu and Griff Whalen are worth a late round look see. Whalen is starting to remind me of the Pats small goto white guy -haha (no offense to you haole guys out there) .

Baldwin's big play against us was more terrible tackling angles and completely overrunning the play in embarrassing fashion by Reggie Smith. All Baldwin had to do was run to the endzone untouched because of that. He looks like a solid developmental rookie, but really we wouldn't have had much room for him here.

And the other Whalen (Ryan) hasn't done anything.


Working now!