There are 187 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by JREED23:
Asante Samuel is available, NFL.com says they are looking for players not picks and they are hurting at LB and Dline. I Don't want to give up anyone we have that they might be interested in - Bowman, J. Smith, Aldon Smith... nope.

Mathis is interesting, he'd be an upgrade over McDonald if we ran a 4-3, but we don't and I don't like his size in our 3-4 scheme.

Depth in the secondary is a premium. I would do it.

Haralson and Spencer for Samuel??

Spencer can still ball. Haralson is great depth. Why would you ever...?!?!

When he gets on the field. Samuel would instantly become out no. 2 and improve our entire D.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Walker is already headed back to Jacksonville.

Weak...That was fast.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Walker is already headed back to Jacksonville.

Weak...That was fast.

I'd like to think that if Baalke really wanted him, we would have had him.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I'd like to think that if Baalke really wanted him, we would have had him.

Perhaps, but then again Jax would probably be his #1 destination. I just get uneasy thinking about the lack of our WR depth behind Braylon and Crabtree especially knowing how Crabs has been often bothered by SOME type of injury and the fact that Braylon's still coming off knee surgery.

Seeing Ginn run out of bounds for 9 yards on the 2nd and 10 got me furious.
damn i wanted to add a wr
Perhaps, but then again Jax would probably be his #1 destination. I just get uneasy thinking about the lack of our WR depth behind Braylon and Crabtree especially knowing how Crabs has been often bothered by SOME type of injury and the fact that Braylon's still coming off knee surgery.

+1

The lack of depth actually doesn't bother me right now. We really haven't been a big downfield team, and when we do go more than 20 yards it is usually because Vernon or Delanie have a mismatch. This Bye week is a perfect time for Smith and Crabtree to work on their chemistry and Kyle Williams will become more and more a part of this offense. There's no need to shake up the mentality of this team by grabbing at any guy that comes available. Look at all the veterans with big names that were worked out: T.J. Who's-Your-Momma, Finneran, Chambers, but they still went with a young no-name. Why? Because desire and hustle is what this team thrives no, not ego and name recognition. Braylon will be coming back soon, Crabtree seems healthy for now, Ginn might not be a great receiver but he can still cause some damage with the quick hand-off, Kyle Williams is still waiting in the wings.... I feel fine with that group.
I guess we didn't trade. Just a minor clarification on this thread: I didn't particularly want us to trade for Lloyd or Curry. I just threw them out there as the first two I could think of showing that, in the NFL, the trade value of players is always shockingly low around this time.

Another example: Ronnie Brown for a 2013 7th round pick. Again, not a player I wanted on the Niners, but I do hope Baalke was out there inquiring about other potential steals around the league.
They're not steals. Brown pretty much cost the Eagles the game against us. 7th rd pick is too much for his washed up ass.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
They're not steals. Brown pretty much cost the Eagles the game against us. 7th rd pick is too much for his washed up ass.

I disagree that the the 230-something pick in the 2013 draft is better than a 29-year-old proven RB starter. Just sayin'

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stunder49:
why would you try to fix something that is not broken?

This. End of thread
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Reggie Wayne's name has come up as possibly being available. With Morgan being out, an Edwards, Crabtree, Wayne combo would be a pretty nice luxury.

I dont' know what his contract status is or what the Colts would want for compensation but it seems like an idea worth entertaining.

This would be a dream for a QB to look downfield and see those 3 along with VD and Dluv! Shet make it happen if the Colts are even considering letting him go.
We would probably have to trade Jesus and Adrianna Lima to get Reggie Wayne.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

+1
I suppose seeing Ginn return the ball to the Lions' 40 yard line to set up the game-winning touch down made you furious too?
I don't buy into it at all we were in the mix for Llyod, just rumors.

We are fine. I like where we are going. continue to build through the draft.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The trade deadline in the NFL for the most part is always quiet. If not for the unlucky broken collarbone for Jason Campbell, It would've been very quiet today.
Share 49ersWebzone