There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We tried trading for Lloyd but he told the Broncos he didnt want to come here

Lloyd doesnt fit this scheme. He is a run to the zone and wait receiver, not the physical presence we want. Great hands, but why waste a 6th round pick for a #3 receiver for 10 games. He is a free agent at the end of the season and with the way this team has been nailing late round picks lately, better off keeping the pick.

Remember we are still building a foundation here, not adding to a championship team. Building for the future does not mean trading draft picks for 10 games of production if he can even pick the offense up fast enough to start after the bye. As a fan I'm not interested in a one year wonder, I want the niners to have a competitive team year in and year out, trading away picks is the opposite of what we should be doing.

We actually offered the Broncos a better package of picks then the Rams gave up but like I said Lloyd told the Broncos he didnt want to come here.

I dont like LLoyd so it doenst bother me none

Lloyd doesnt fit this scheme. He is a run to the zone and wait receiver, not the physical presence we want. Great hands, but why waste a 6th round pick for a #3 receiver for 10 games. He is a free agent at the end of the season and with the way this team has been nailing late round picks lately, better off keeping the pick.

Remember we are still building a foundation here, not adding to a championship team. Building for the future does not mean trading draft picks for 10 games of production if he can even pick the offense up fast enough to start after the bye. As a fan I'm not interested in a one year wonder, I want the niners to have a competitive team year in and year out, trading away picks is the opposite of what we should be doing.

We actually offered the Broncos a better package of picks then the Rams gave up but like I said Lloyd told the Broncos he didnt want to come here.

Yeah that's fair enough. I'm curious where you are learning Lloyd vetoed the Niners. I definitely think we are fine without him, but I think the trade would have helped us.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Yeah that's fair enough. I'm curious where you are learning Lloyd vetoed the Niners. I definitely think we are fine without him, but I think the trade would have helped us.

Someone posted it in the lloyd thread, i dont feel like searching for it
I wouldn't mind the 49ers go after a guy like Eddie Royal.
Get Sims-Walker in here. He can at least help spill the goods on the Rams. I'd rather have him than Swain or Peelle.
Its not baseball...you can't make a trade mid season and have a guy some in and make a bid impact if they aren't familiar with the system. The 9ers are getting Braylon Edwards back. First time him and Crabtree will be healthy and playing together.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by gamechanger:
They should try to get Louis Murphy or one of the Raiders WRs.

Id be for that. The Raiders obviously will need some picks.

The Raiders are stacked at WR, we should definitely try to get one of them!
Reggie Wayne's name has come up as possibly being available. With Morgan being out, an Edwards, Crabtree, Wayne combo would be a pretty nice luxury.

I dont' know what his contract status is or what the Colts would want for compensation but it seems like an idea worth entertaining.
Originally posted by stunder49:
curry is a raider

lol, he was talking about when they traded him to the raiders! lol
Understand your point. Baakle seem to be doing pretty good w/ late round picks and Curry has proven he can't play in this league - so far. Lloyd is locker room poison and we're in first place. Go figure.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Someone posted it in the lloyd thread, i dont feel like searching for it

i think sam tweeted it too
Wow, on the flip side, I wish we had someone to put on the block. Can't believe the Bungals are getting two firsts for Palmer after starting 4-2 with Dalton. What a luxury.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Reggie Wayne's name has come up as possibly being available. With Morgan being out, an Edwards, Crabtree, Wayne combo would be a pretty nice luxury.

I dont' know what his contract status is or what the Colts would want for compensation but it seems like an idea worth entertaining.

This would be a dream for a QB to look downfield and see those 3 along with VD and Dluv! Shet make it happen if the Colts are even considering letting him go.
Wayne is a perfect example...
Reggie Wayne is not available, Schefter said that the Colts should try and trade him and Mathis but then everybody ran with it like he was saying they were on the block when in reality he was just giving his opinion of trades that he thinks should happen
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home