LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by stunder49:
why would you try to fix something that is not broken?

It's not about fixing something; it's about adding proven depth. We could have bolstered our WR group with Lloyd for a 6th rounder. We could have added Curry as young talented LB depth for what, a 4th?

Not saying it's a huge deal, but I hope the Niners are at least out there today plugged into what certain teams are trying to unload.

curry doesnt fit on this team, he isnt a pass rusher (less than 10 sacks in about 50 college games) and he wouldnt even see the field as an ILB on this team, grant is a fine backup ILB.....plus giving up a 4th or 5th means u could miss out on another great player like a bowman or mcdonald (both mid rounders in recent years)
[ Edited by crabman82 on Oct 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM ]
I'd be really curious to know if there are any experienced-but-not-old OL out there for a 4th or 5th round pick. Our depth feels shaky.
Originally posted by crabman82:

It's not about fixing something; it's about adding proven depth. We could have bolstered our WR group with Lloyd for a 6th rounder. We could have added Curry as young talented LB depth for what, a 4th?

Not saying it's a huge deal, but I hope the Niners are at least out there today plugged into what certain teams are trying to unload.

curry doesnt fit on this team, he isnt a pass rusher (less than 10 sacks in about 50 college games) and he wouldnt even see the field as an ILB on this team, grant is a fine backup ILB.....plus giving up a 4th or 5th means u could miss out on another great player like a bowman or mcdonald (both mid rounders in recent years)

Right, you could miss out on those gems. But I think that, as a contending team, there are circumstances where it would make more sense to get a proven NFL player at age 28 halfway through a season than to wait until April to get a 22 year old who has an even money chance of getting cut.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by gamechanger:
They should try to get Louis Murphy or one of the Raiders WRs.

Id be for that. The Raiders obviously will need some picks.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Right, you could miss out on those gems. But I think that, as a contending team, there are circumstances where it would make more sense to get a proven NFL player at age 28 halfway through a season than to wait until April to get a 22 year old who has an even money chance of getting cut.

u used curry as an exmaple, he wouldnt even see the field on this team, please enlighten us as to where he'd play and who'd go to the bench
interesting he wanted to bring Lloyd here and was willing to give up a higher pick than the Rams did. Our team is fine right now. no need to give up draft picks now, we are 5-1
Originally posted by valrod33:
We tried trading for Lloyd but he told the Broncos he didnt want to come here

Lloyd doesnt fit this scheme. He is a run to the zone and wait receiver, not the physical presence we want. Great hands, but why waste a 6th round pick for a #3 receiver for 10 games. He is a free agent at the end of the season and with the way this team has been nailing late round picks lately, better off keeping the pick.

Remember we are still building a foundation here, not adding to a championship team. Building for the future does not mean trading draft picks for 10 games of production if he can even pick the offense up fast enough to start after the bye. As a fan I'm not interested in a one year wonder, I want the niners to have a competitive team year in and year out, trading away picks is the opposite of what we should be doing.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Lloyd doesnt fit this scheme. He is a run to the zone and wait receiver, not the physical presence we want. Great hands, but why waste a 6th round pick for a #3 receiver for 10 games. He is a free agent at the end of the season and with the way this team has been nailing late round picks lately, better off keeping the pick.

Remember we are still building a foundation here, not adding to a championship team. Building for the future does not mean trading draft picks for 10 games of production if he can even pick the offense up fast enough to start after the bye. As a fan I'm not interested in a one year wonder, I want the niners to have a competitive team year in and year out, trading away picks is the opposite of what we should be doing.

We seems to have a difference of opinion on the value of a 6th round pick, which I see as very hit or miss. By contrast, I would hold onto 2nd and 3rd round picks like my firstborn son. I actually do think it's worth it for 10 games (you keep forgetting the playoffs) of production from a proven WR, the weakest part of our game right now.

We actually offered the Broncos a better package of picks then the Rams gave up but like I said Lloyd told the Broncos he didnt want to come here.

I dont like LLoyd so it doenst bother me none

We actually offered the Broncos a better package of picks then the Rams gave up but like I said Lloyd told the Broncos he didnt want to come here.

Yeah that's fair enough. I'm curious where you are learning Lloyd vetoed the Niners. I definitely think we are fine without him, but I think the trade would have helped us.

Yeah that's fair enough. I'm curious where you are learning Lloyd vetoed the Niners. I definitely think we are fine without him, but I think the trade would have helped us.

Someone posted it in the lloyd thread, i dont feel like searching for it
I wouldn't mind the 49ers go after a guy like Eddie Royal.
Get Sims-Walker in here. He can at least help spill the goods on the Rams. I'd rather have him than Swain or Peelle.
Its not baseball...you can't make a trade mid season and have a guy some in and make a bid impact if they aren't familiar with the system. The 9ers are getting Braylon Edwards back. First time him and Crabtree will be healthy and playing together.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by gamechanger:
They should try to get Louis Murphy or one of the Raiders WRs.

Id be for that. The Raiders obviously will need some picks.

The Raiders are stacked at WR, we should definitely try to get one of them!
Share 49ersWebzone