There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 16,894
Originally posted by vermonator:
Coming to the 49ers might be a hard sell but to use the excuse that we're not a winning team is just bad salesmanship. I'm a salesman and my mantra is this, the ABCs of sales... ALWAYS BE CLOSING! You have a bad product, so what! You make the customer believe that they are the answer, with them we won't be losers, all we need is them and we can be the winners they have sought all along. BS or not a great salesman closes that deal…

Show some gonads and CLOSE THE DEAL!

I'd rather suffer another losing season than start gaining a reputation as a sleazy salesman. We need to exercise patience with this new staff. If they get the team performing better than expectations and build well through drafts, we'll get better in a hurry and won't have to "sell" guys on coming here.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Coming to the 49ers might be a hard sell but to use the excuse that we're not a winning team is just bad salesmanship. I'm a salesman and my mantra is this, the ABCs of sales... ALWAYS BE CLOSING! You have a bad product, so what! You make the customer believe that they are the answer, with them we won't be losers, all we need is them and we can be the winners they have sought all along. BS or not a great salesman closes that deal…

Show some gonads and CLOSE THE DEAL!

At first I thought you were sticking up for Baalke, however reading more you are 100% correct. A GM needs to close a free agent around the idea he is putting together something special. It's the way it works and it shows Baalke is not qualified at his position. I was PO'd when the Lucky Sperm with his smug arrogant look told us he was going to get us a top quality GM and gave us a scouting director at best. The only way the problems get solved is to find a group to ask Larry Ellison to buy the 49ers and bring top talent in the front office. We then go to the league office and demand they give the Dorks the LA franchise and keep the 49ers here with the new ownership. I don’t know how likely this is and if there could be a group assembled to do it. I do know there are provisions that protect teams from the type of incompetence that has riddled this franchise.
Well, considering every Big Name Free Agent has been attached to the Niners this year but not one has signed with them I'd say Balke is Full Of It! Lets see, we are going to be this, that, Not big players in Free agency but we wanted the best Corner in the league, oh and we wanted Burress and so forth. Lets see, maybe they are saying what they are saying because they know nobody wants to come be part of the Yorks Disfunctional Team! This Sucks and after 8 Loosing Seasons it is beyond Getting Old!

How could we not have done a contract a year ago to keep Baas and I understand we have other needs but wouldn't Center be one of them?
Originally posted by brhokla:
Well, considering every Big Name Free Agent has been attached to the Niners this year but not one has signed with them I'd say Balke is Full Of It! Lets see, we are going to be this, that, Not big players in Free agency but we wanted the best Corner in the league, oh and we wanted Burress and so forth. Lets see, maybe they are saying what they are saying because they know nobody wants to come be part of the Yorks Disfunctional Team! This Sucks and after 8 Loosing Seasons it is beyond Getting Old!

How could we not have done a contract a year ago to keep Baas and I understand we have other needs but wouldn't Center be one of them?

The big names get attached to us by the press. The team has said all along that they are not going to be big players in free agency. The Redskins have shown how running after every big name FA works out.

Harbaugh was brought in to do a job. Let's see what he makes of it.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by brhokla:
Well, considering every Big Name Free Agent has been attached to the Niners this year but not one has signed with them I'd say Balke is Full Of It! Lets see, we are going to be this, that, Not big players in Free agency but we wanted the best Corner in the league, oh and we wanted Burress and so forth. Lets see, maybe they are saying what they are saying because they know nobody wants to come be part of the Yorks Disfunctional Team! This Sucks and after 8 Loosing Seasons it is beyond Getting Old!

How could we not have done a contract a year ago to keep Baas and I understand we have other needs but wouldn't Center be one of them?

The big names get attached to us by the press. The team has said all along that they are not going to be big players in free agency. The Redskins have shown how running after every big name FA works out.

Harbaugh was brought in to do a job. Let's see what he makes of it.

Thank you!!! This hysteria over what the 49ers are or aren't doing this early in the stage with a new staff is just ridiculous.. Not to mention the whole "OMG, the sky is falling," attitude of this board is just so old and played out! Change the f**king record people!!
I believe that pointing the finger at Baalke is a little premature. Baalke has tried to lure the big-time free agents such as J. Joseph, and N. Asomugha but it's not his fault that they see our recent history and run away. P. Burress falls into the same boat.

The one thing that I do fault Baalke (and possibly Fangio) is for is letting Spikes sign with the Chargers. I would also hold him accountable for letting Baas walk but if the reports of Baas receiving top 5 C money are true, then I guess I can't blame him.

I wanted Baalke because he could deliver us Harbaugh. He did that and while I'm a little skeptical about Baalke, he does deserve a little more time IMO.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I believe that pointing the finger at Baalke is a little premature. Baalke has tried to lure the big-time free agents such as J. Joseph, and N. Asomugha but it's not his fault that they see our recent history and run away. P. Burress falls into the same boat.

The one thing that I do fault Baalke (and possibly Fangio) is for is letting Spikes sign with the Chargers. I would also hold him accountable for letting Baas walk but if the reports of Baas receiving top 5 C money are true, then I guess I can't blame him.

I wanted Baalke because he could deliver us Harbaugh. He did that and while I'm a little skeptical about Baalke, he does deserve a little more time IMO.

-9fA

AUS -

Maybe they think Applewhite is a younger version? I find it interesting that we essentially traded LBs with SD.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,224
F
Z -
First he has no plan,and right now he is over his head!
F*ck Baalke & his annoying raspy voice im really starting to dislike this dumba$$
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by brhokla:
Well, considering every Big Name Free Agent has been attached to the Niners this year but not one has signed with them I'd say Balke is Full Of It! Lets see, we are going to be this, that, Not big players in Free agency but we wanted the best Corner in the league, oh and we wanted Burress and so forth. Lets see, maybe they are saying what they are saying because they know nobody wants to come be part of the Yorks Disfunctional Team! This Sucks and after 8 Loosing Seasons it is beyond Getting Old!

How could we not have done a contract a year ago to keep Baas and I understand we have other needs but wouldn't Center be one of them?

The big names get attached to us by the press. The team has said all along that they are not going to be big players in free agency. The Redskins have shown how running after every big name FA works out.

Harbaugh was brought in to do a job. Let's see what he makes of it.

Are u saying Redskins know how to spend and sign right FAs?
F
Many of us were smart enough to top free agents wouldn't want to come to SF with the recent track record. But we at least expected a few key role players to be picked up. That would have at least gotten the top free agents interested. But no he buried his head in his @ss and didnt do anything. He should be fired for how bad he handle this. He has to be the worst GM in the history of the niners.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
I'm kind of torn. If all the reports are accurate as far as the players we were/are interested in signing/trading for. Then I give Baalke a B+. The problem then enlies with the "cap guru" trying to low-ball these free agents and/or teams. Which giving our current state we aren't in any position to low ball anyone to get them to play here.

I think we basically either need to over pay for a couple years (with 1 and/or 2 year contracts) to hopefully start winning again. Plus we need to hit on our draft picks and make them count like the Eagles, steelers and patriots.

Which starts with savvy draft day trading and building picks year after year. Atleast with 2 of the 3 teams mentioned.

If we aren't going the over pay route and going with the youth movement then they need to trade Gore.

Can't low ball players when you suck.