There are 193 users in the forums

A third QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Of the current list of available FA QBs still available, should the niners go after one, who is available and who would do think that 49ers should go after? Or is there a trade that is plausible for the niners.

I doubt the niners would spend the pick to go after Carson Palmer, but JJ of Tampa is more plausible.

Right now I know there is Bulger and Jake out there. Who else? Or is there a third scenario?
Originally posted by WildBill:
Of the current list of available FA QBs still available, should the niners go after one, who is available and who would do think that 49ers should go after? Or is there a trade that is plausible for the niners.

I doubt the niners would spend the pick to go after Carson Palmer, but JJ of Tampa is more plausible.

Right now I know there is Bulger and Jake out there. Who else? Or is there a third scenario?

They need another Vet for sure. Going into the season with Alex,Kap,and UFA. Doesn't excatly scream success. As for who I say either Bulger or Johnson (By a trade).
Behind the Swiss cheese line they will need more then 3 QBs. Lucky for them the WCO keeps you QB pretty safe.
I expect a FA to be signed eventually. Hopefully one who is smart and knowledgeable, but I've made peace with Smith and Kaep as our two guys this year and I have greater concerns elsewhere.
id like to have Mark Bulger or Trent Edwards.
3rd? how bout a 1st!
Originally posted by Montana19:

Edwards was picked up by the Raiders. Bulger is an option.
actually i like the idea of sumone like masoli as our 3rd qb.with no more emergency qb we will probably dress all 3 qb's. it would be nice if our 3rd qb can contribute in other area's
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Trade for Orton, or even better Matt Flynn from GB
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
3rd? how bout a 1st!

This

Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Would Bulger be a no# 3 QB? I thought he was looking to start.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Would Bulger be a no# 3 QB? I thought he was looking to start.

he's worst than alex, well...
Originally posted by Pfield9er:
actually i like the idea of sumone like masoli as our 3rd qb.with no more emergency qb we will probably dress all 3 qb's. it would be nice if our 3rd qb can contribute in other area's

I've always liked this idea. Having three QBs who can run as well as pass always intriqued me. We have that this year, although it isn't likely to stay that way as a FA oldster may be here soon.
Alex will be our 3rd. Ck is 1st and Harbaugh will be 2nd
So there isn't anyone else. Bulger is not mobile and a sitting duck, but when healthy, he is a savy veteran, if Alex chokes I wouldn't seeing what he can do. However it is what Harbaugh sees and wants.
Share 49ersWebzone