There are 294 users in the forums

Is trading for a CB an option?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
We should scrounge the FA market for a corner and take our lumps this year. Save our draft picks to draft a corner in the 1st or 2nd round next year.

100% agreed.

More so than anything, in retrospect, beating Zona senseless in weak 17 and watching them take Peterson with what would have been our pick really friggin stings. Hopefully he's a bust or Aldon blows up, b/c right now, boy, that hurts.

Fan rule number one: always root for your team to win.

Oh, 100% agreed. I argued vehemently with the folks here who wanted us to tank that game. I still wouldn't change anything. That said, I can also admit that it stings a little bit.

What stings more is them not getting there hands on a FA CB. With the pass rush going to worse then last years its not going to be pretty. Just the thought of Tarvaris Jackson lighting up this secondary is making me sick

Thats my exact feeling.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
At first I was in favor of trading for Samuel, but I've changed my mind. We should scrounge the FA market for a corner and take our lumps this year. Save our draft picks to draft a corner in the 1st or 2nd round next year.

I don't want another player with the inititials AS (too many of them already-haha). He is a descent cover guy, but is rated as one of the worst tacklers according to a report I read once. I think he has 36 missed tackles in the last three years. If his receiver catches the ball and misses the ball-gone! Also, means he is useless against the run.
Share 49ersWebzone