LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 358 users in the forums

49ers sign FB Jack Corcoran

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
why did we waste a draft pick then on a project FB then?

does that mean Miller will stay on the defensive side of the ball..i hope so

I really hope so too. Way too valuable defensively to put at freaking FB. I saw this kid play, he was uncontainable for UCF. Miller needs to be at LB. I don't care where you put him, just have him on defense.

A three year deal is no small deal.. if he was just going to be another PS guy or backup, it'd be a one or two year deal max. This is a starter-type deal. PLEASE MOVE BRUCE MILLER TO TED or WILL.

Yeah sign me up too. Glad to see a real FB onboard to compete with Moran. I never liked the idea of trying to convert Miller to FB with so little time to get it done. I look forward to seeing him on defense too.

Mike Mayock said it best when talking about this kid at the East-West Shrine All-Star game, "I don't care what you have to do, whether it's at DE, DT, or Linebacker, you find this kid a spot on the football field."
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
this is all i could find on him... lol

Sweet, he's the perfect FB for Alex Smith

Im sure its not for a ton of money I thinkits wise to sign him to a 3 year deal the way JH uses the FB i bet he gets the rock 3-4 times a game and is envolved with the passing game.
As far as bruce miller I think they were think ST and FB as well as LB. When we lost out on owen I think they were looking for someone like him.

Now i think they are looking for a starter with this signing we all know Moran Norris is a waste of time as a weapon and JH wants weapons at every Offensive positon.

This kid will be very helpful!! If he can open some holes he could start for us.

I really hope so too. Way too valuable defensively to put at freaking FB. I saw this kid play, he was uncontainable for UCF. Miller needs to be at LB. I don't care where you put him, just have him on defense.

A three year deal is no small deal.. if he was just going to be another PS guy or backup, it'd be a one or two year deal max. This is a starter-type deal. PLEASE MOVE BRUCE MILLER TO TED or WILL.

Yeah sign me up too. Glad to see a real FB onboard to compete with Moran. I never liked the idea of trying to convert Miller to FB with so little time to get it done. I look forward to seeing him on defense too.

Mike Mayock said it best when talking about this kid at the East-West Shrine All-Star game, "I don't care what you have to do, whether it's at DE, DT, or Linebacker, you find this kid a spot on the football field."

With the loss of Manny and Laboy , I liked the idea of seeing Miller get a shot at getting to the QB more than switching to FB. I hope Corcoran can at least beat out Moran.

I am all over Maycocks suggestion , let's see how he does.
Converting Miller to FB was a stupid move from the beginning. It really shouldn't be a surprise to anybody that we've had to bring in someone to compete with Norris.

On that note, if this means the end of Norris, I'll be happy.

-9fA
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

I don't understand the three year deal. He couldnt even make the roster twice already.

Spend that money Baalke! Good job!
wow, we are all in now. it's superbowl or bust for the 9ers
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
this is all i could find on him... lol

hmmm.....with Alex as our QB, we might need him.

edit - haha, damn beaten...

[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 30, 2011 at 14:36:04 ]

Bruce Miller now has nerve damage in his shoulder
Finally! A big-name free agent. We are saved.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Where did you read this? Nerve damage heals over time, but if this was caused by their stupid idea of moving him to FB, that would be unbelievably upsetting...
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Where did you read this? Nerve damage heals over time, but if this was caused by their stupid idea of moving him to FB, that would be unbelievably upsetting...
is that true? WTF
Adam Schefter broke the story on this signing on ESPN. They have a whole crew breaking down this signing and it's impact on the 49ers and the entire NFC.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Adam Schefter broke the story on this signing on ESPN. They have a whole crew breaking down this signing and it's impact on the 49ers and the entire NFC.

Thats probably, why we signed this dude, cuz bruce miller will be out a while.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

Share 49ersWebzone