LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

49ers sign FB Jack Corcoran

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by crabman82:
haha keep the no namers coming baalke

Not to say I'm sold on Baalke, but in all honesty, when the 49ers began installing the west coast offense in 1979, the team was filled with a bunch of no names. Seems like we are going to be relying heavily on coaching as opposed to talent.

In 1979 and for the next 10-15 years, the system Bill Walsh installed was new and nobody really knew how to defend it. That isn't the case anymore.

how come the eagles are still good then?

Got some hands...
Originally posted by ads_2006:
why did we waste a draft pick then on a project FB then?

does that mean Miller will stay on the defensive side of the ball..i hope so

I really hope so too. Way too valuable defensively to put at freaking FB. I saw this kid play, he was uncontainable for UCF. Miller needs to be at LB. I don't care where you put him, just have him on defense.

A three year deal is no small deal.. if he was just going to be another PS guy or backup, it'd be a one or two year deal max. This is a starter-type deal. PLEASE MOVE BRUCE MILLER TO TED or WILL.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:58:42 ]
I want norris gone, get this guy in get norris out.

Put bruce miller where he belongs on defense, maybe we will have a pass rush tehn.

Not to say I'm sold on Baalke, but in all honesty, when the 49ers began installing the west coast offense in 1979, the team was filled with a bunch of no names. Seems like we are going to be relying heavily on coaching as opposed to talent.

In 1979 and for the next 10-15 years, the system Bill Walsh installed was new and nobody really knew how to defend it. That isn't the case anymore.

They have plenty of talent.

Give Andy Reid average talent instead, and they won't be very good.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:57:45 ]

agree

What with all of those Super Bowl trophies in Philadelphia's closet during Reid's tenure.

Yeah, cause his coaching abilities have nothing to do with it

ppl seem to forget before all this talent they had a good D, mcnabb and duce staley thats it
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
why did we waste a draft pick then on a project FB then?

does that mean Miller will stay on the defensive side of the ball..i hope so

I really hope so too. Way too valuable defensively to put at freaking FB. I saw this kid play, he was uncontainable for UCF. Miller needs to be at LB. I don't care where you put him, just have him on defense.

A three year deal is no small deal.. if he was just going to be another PS guy or backup, it'd be a one or two year deal max. This is a starter-type deal. PLEASE MOVE BRUCE MILLER TO TED or WILL.

For reals

if they keep bruce miller in at offense, stupid

is it April yet?

I never said it didn't, but if you're gonna sit there and claim Andy Reid would have the same success with a bunch of scrubs that would be backups on other teams, you're only fooling yourself.

ppl seem to forget before all this talent they had a good D, mcnabb and duce staley thats it

Yeah, a franchise QB. That's it.

Guess what? WE DON'T HAVE ONE OF THOSE.
Just lol about all this. Jack Corcoran and David Akers.

Rams: Mike Sims-Walker
Cards: Kevin Kolb
'hawks: Sidney Rice

Guess who's gonna get us those tough yards AND the game winning kick?!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I never said it didn't, but if you're gonna sit there and claim Andy Reid would have the same success with a bunch of scrubs that would be backups on other teams, you're only fooling yourself.

Ummm... Andy Reid DID have success with scrubs. You don't remember how talent deprived the receiving core was? They still dominated teams, even when McNabb got injured. Remember Neckbeard?

It's coaching, Bro.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Ummm... Andy Reid DID have success with scrubs. You don't remember how talent deprived the receiving core was? They still dominated teams, even when McNabb got injured. Remember Neckbeard?

It's coaching, Bro.

Freddy Mitchell and Jason Avant

Great point
Share 49ersWebzone