LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

Anyone think Josh Morgan can breakout this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok, so I've never been much of a Morgan fan. I never thought he was very good, but after the news of hearing about Crabtree's 'injury', I've been getting hopeful and curious about Morgan's future with the Niners. I've always defended Crabs in the past, and I still hope he turns out good for us, but 3 straight years no preseason is bulls**t, we don't need a player with his work ethic. I know there's Morgan fans on the Zone, so what do you all think?
He'll always be a number 3. I see Cederick Wilson in him.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
He'll always be a number 3. I see Cederick Wilson in him.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He lacks the inner desire to be great.
Hard to predict a breakout season from a WR when you know who is throwing the ball.
I will never forget when he caught that 60 yard bomb then slowed up and got tackled at the 5 yard line...
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Hard to predict a breakout season from a WR when you know who is throwing the ball.

Lol, you know I agree with you, but lets keep that out of this thread. Just asking about Morgan.
Harbaugh system!
I remember him dropping a Peyton-like pass from Shaun Hill (his only one), while wide open near the endzone. Then he caught Hills ugliest pass, while covered, for a touchdown. Think it was against the rams at home. I think he has the ability to make big plays, but he needs to be way more consistant and improve in a lot of areas. Let's hope he does.

[ Edited by JustMike on Jul 30, 2011 at 01:48:51 ]
NO.

I don't think any WR will break out until Jim has time to work with the QBs.

Vernon of course breaks out regardless but he's not a WR.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I don't think any WR will break out until Jim has time to work with the QBs.

Vernon of course breaks out regardless but he's not a WR.

Cause alex can only throw the post route, every other route he chickens out and checks down and over throws someone!
I hope Morgan has a break out year, we need another 'go to' receiver other than Davis.
I think that Morgan has the ability and its really hard to judge his production thus far since he's been in such a vanilla offensive system the last couple seasons. What I do know is that he showed great flashes and ability when Martz was here and the sysytem was a lot less predictable, so heres hoping to better coaching and a better system, that we see the real Josh Morgan stand up. He has flashed good vison and ability in the return game before, so hopefully that translates onto the YAC on the field, plus we know he is more than willing to throw a block and that is key for Harbaugh's system.

[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jul 30, 2011 at 05:18:15 ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I will never forget when he caught that 60 yard bomb then slowed up and got tackled at the 5 yard line...

Yes, I remember that play. He clearly slowed up. I can't what game it was last season, but he had a similar situation where he didn't finish the play by getting caught from behind.I like Morgan but he HAS to finish the play.
Share 49ersWebzone