There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do free agents want to play for the 49ers ?

Originally posted by DraftaQB:
NFL network - Niners dropped out of Nnomdi race

We couldn't compete with the Jets anyway. They're title contenders, we're not.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Looks like the Niners should have stayed on strike

[ Edited by nanticoke on Jul 29, 2011 at 08:02:38 ]
Originally posted by Hopper:

I hope they miss the playoffs

[ Edited by jreff22 on Jul 29, 2011 at 08:02:39 ]
Why would ANYONE want to play for the 49ers. I'm pretty sure our new rookies are just waiting for their rookie contracts to expire so they can get the hell out of here. Unless, of course, we get new owners before then.
Clear all that cap space for nothing
Originally posted by area49:
Why would ANYONE want to play for the 49ers. I'm pretty sure our new rookies are just waiting for their rookie contracts to expire so they can get the hell out of here. Unless, of course, we get new owners before then.

Its not just the owners, its our whole organization, from top to bottom. We truly are at the basement of the league. We no longer have the glory we once had. We are pathetic now.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Good. We had no business in it in the first place.

Agreed. This team isn't close, we just drafted a QB and hired a new coach again which means we're rebuilding. This team may be good in 3-4 years. By then Namndi will be on the downside, would have been a waste.
Well let's see, we lose Baas, we lose Takeo, Seattle signs Sidney Rice, Arizona trades for Kol and drafts Patrick Peterson, Crabtree is injured, and the biggest news is that we dropped out of the Nnamdi race and signed A GODDAMNED KICKER!?

This is kinda like a nightmare. Please wake me up.
Originally posted by DONBIS:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
If Asomugha signs with the 49ers I think that will go a long way towards regaining credibility around the league. To sign a big name free agent like that would show people that the 49ers are serious about winning. Realistically, I don't think he will sign here. I would love to be proven wrong. As long as they don't give him some ridiculous contract that will hurt the team in the long run.

Well if there's any truth to the list of probable teams for Nnamdi to land on (9ers & jets) , I honestly think it should be us. We've got to be able to offer more money than the jets. Obviously there team is a bit more developed than ours and offers a better chance of getting into the playoff mix. Staying in Cali with the 9ers also has its Pros as well and ya'll allready know what those are.

The jets play in a much tougher division than we do, so how do they have a better chance to make the playoffs?
Originally posted by nanticoke:
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
Just heard Mike Lombardi on NFL network say that the Niners are out of the running for Asomougha (per a source in the organization). it is down to The Jets and Cowboys. Amazing how good teams get better. I think what we are watching in FA is an answer to the question being asked here on a larger scale? Are mediocre teams like the Niners at a disadvantage vs. good teams when competing for top free agents, even when offering more money and the ability to stay close to home? Yep.

That's because we have that "Winning" Front Office
Sorry Charlie Sheen

This is the biggest problem...this is a very intense year for free agency, to say the least. The 9ers have the least infrastructure in the league in their front office and The Baalk Head is a novice compared to many....we just got snookered because we do not have the bodies to do the work. We have huge line up holes and have done absolutely nothing for them. We need smart football people and we need them now. We are screwed if we don't do something soon.
Originally posted by daragon:

Its not just the owners, its our whole organization, from top to bottom. We truly are at the basement of the league. We no longer have the glory we once had. We are pathetic now.

We have been pathetic for a long time now....
  • dugo
  • Veteran
I still no matter what will support my 9ers ,,but I got to say watching this FA period has been re-donk-u-lous. Its not just a matter of wanting to play here or not..its being able to sell your gameplan and where the team is headed in the future.making that free agent believe hes gonna be a piviotal part of up and coming team..What are we selling??? We haven't landed anybody but a kicker, and some camp fodder...its frustrating to see this happening for sure but gotta remain faithful after all I"M A NINER FAN FOREVER AND PROUD OF IT .....
Originally posted by daragon:

Yep. But every time I say we need new ownership or that this team is completely f**ked, I get flamed.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Agreed. This team isn't close, we just drafted a QB and hired a new coach again which means we're rebuilding. This team may be good in 3-4 years. By then Namndi will be on the downside, would have been a waste.

I agree. All i can hope is that we actually "Rebuild" something--ANYTHING. All we have done in this last 9 years of "rebuilding" was find new and imaginative ways to continue to suck.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran

Problem is we wasted two days focusing on Nnamdi while other teams were cherry picking Baas and Spikes. Two days into FA and the 49ers are significantly WORSE off than they were at the start. I thought you were supposed to use FA to shore up your roster, not run a yard sale for the rest of the league. The Texans had the sense to pull out yesterday and land the best value CB on the market. Baalke hung around too long and now we're left holding the bag. No Nnamdi, no Joseph, no Clements, no starting Center. Baalke is starting to look like a complete rube.