LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Crabtree has a foot injury...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Originally posted by luis1985:
We are officially f***ed. No Wr, Cb, St, QB, RB, or DL. No matter how good the coach is he cannot preform magic. We have no talent in the team other than Patrick Willis. If you guys think we are a good team then you guys are delusional.

Sounds like many of us in 1981 when we would all sit around in a half empty Candlestick parking lot saluting another soon to be miserable season by droning on about our:
-Unproven QB
-10th round WR starting
-All rookies in the secondary accept for a cast off FS
-Are best LB is old and wore out player we got from the Rams
-Running backs that would be cut by most teams
-A defensive line made up of cast offs and left overs.

I am not saying this 1982 all over again not by a long shot, that was magic, however don’t give up hope before the season starts. I m a huge Mavericks (cmon accept for a Mav fan how many people truly believed we would beat the Heat in 6)and SF Giants fan both of those teams were considered long shots to win a championship yet both teams won because they played as a TEAM, believed in each other, their coaches tactics and overall plan. Yea it’s a tough start but it is a long season

Nice post. Reasonable viewpoint. This is Ninertalk, tho. Fair warning.

I don't see Crabtree and Harbaugh coexisting for long.
I dont know why you guys are so worried, we got Joe Hastings and 12 other UDFA waiting to take his place. It's an embarrasment of riches, actually.
f**king tired of dude. He's b***hmade. Pure and simple. No heart at all. f**k him
Originally posted by Chief:

I don't have a woman. I'm a leper and last time I got a hooker I told her "keep the tip".

:(

I see what you did there.
can the guy stay healthy... why didn't this come out earlier..
he waits till the start of training camp to come up and say he cant run or anything...!!! i say get a real leader cause hes getting paid to much to not be in training camp.. with new coaches n everything...
I understand everyone's anger towards Crabs, but like every year, everyone will forget about it once he catches a pass and takes it to the house!

who's with me?

[ Edited by verb1der on Jul 28, 2011 at 21:31:20 ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
Alex Smith, our starting QB, has shown mere flashes of competent QB play during his time here and is now backed up by a rookie.

With Nolan and singletary's brilliance, and injuries to fight through, I'll give Smith another shot with a real qb minded coach.

Quote:
Frank Gore is nearing 30, holding out, and coming off a serious injury.
It's just a bluff move to get the organization's attention, at his age he doesn't need training camp or preseason anyway. I'll get worried if he starts missing games.(which he won't, because he'll just lose more and more money). He's still our best RB option until we know what hunter and dixon can truly do, and they both show enough hope for the future.

Quote:
Crabtree is our best WR, has underperformed thus far, and will miss TC for a third straight year.
I agree here but hopefully we'll get Floyd or another talented WR. Floyd put up crabtree-like stats starting 5 fewer games.

Quote:
The 49ers have lost, and will likely lose more, valuable veteran talent at key positions; and have yet to attract any free agents at areas of huge concern.
Patience. We've "lost" clements(expensive/sucks), TKO(replaced by a younger/better bowman), maybe franklin(sopoaga is a decent enough replacement).

Quote:
The secondary is an absolute joke in a QB driven league.
Hence we need asomugha.

Quote:
Head Coach is unproven.
so is the rest of our team, so? He shows more promise than dingleberry or nolan. At least he knows we need a passing game unlike mike, and knows how to coach qb's.

Quote:
GM was promoted from within, and has done an average-at-best job at talent evaluation so far.
Like there were a ton of better candidates out there willing to take on that suicide of a job. A lot of his picks are too early to really make that judgment. Plus baalke basically seems to just do whatever the coach suggests with first round picks(like singletary's two OL picks and harbaugh's kaepernick pick+fangio's OLB pick). Better that than a GM like Al davis who picks random guy's based on who he "likes".(especially his phase where he used to pick based on 40 times).

Quote:
Ownership cares more about a new stadium than winning games.
Now we're just getting into the whining. Where do you get this idea? They made sure to get the highest valued coach on the market, a change from their past, and seem to be working hard to get us a top CB(just wait). Winning games will make it A LOT easier to get that arena built and(more importantly) filled.

Quote:
Patrick Willis. Vernon Davis. Mike Iupati. Justin Smith. Memories of former glory. That's all we've got.
+Frank gore, tons of unproven talent(which is still talent nonetheless), and whoever we sign this offseason.

Bunch of f**king debbie downers around here. [/b]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
trade this mofo ..now
Originally posted by mike:
Alex Smith, our starting QB, has shown mere flashes of competent QB play during his time here and is now backed up by a rookie.

With Nolan and singletary's brilliance, and injuries to fight through, I'll give Smith another shot with a real qb minded coach.

Quote:
It's just a bluff move to get the organization's attention, at his age he doesn't need training camp or preseason anyway. I'll get worried if he starts missing games.(which he won't, because he'll just lose more and more money). He's still our best RB option until we know what hunter and dixon can truly do, and they both show enough hope for the future.

Quote:
Crabtree is our best WR, has underperformed thus far, and will miss TC for a third straight year.
I agree here but hopefully we'll get Floyd or another talented WR. Floyd put up crabtree-like stats starting 5 fewer games.

Quote:
The 49ers have lost, and will likely lose more, valuable veteran talent at key positions; and have yet to attract any free agents at areas of huge concern.
Patience. We've "lost" clements(expensive/sucks), TKO(replaced by a younger/better bowman), maybe franklin(sopoaga is a decent enough replacement).

Quote:
Hence we need asomugha.

Quote:
Head Coach is unproven.
so is the rest of our team, so? He shows more promise than dingleberry or nolan. At least he knows we need a passing game unlike mike, and knows how to coach qb's.

Quote:
GM was promoted from within, and has done an average-at-best job at talent evaluation so far.
Like there were a ton of better candidates out there willing to take on that suicide of a job. A lot of his picks are too early to really make that judgment. Plus baalke basically seems to just do whatever the coach suggests with first round picks(like singletary's two OL picks and harbaugh's kaepernick pick+fangio's OLB pick). Better that than a GM like Al davis who picks random guy's based on who he "likes".(especially his phase where he used to pick based on 40 times).

Quote:
Now we're just getting into the whining. Where do you get this idea? They made sure to get the highest valued coach on the market, a change from their past, and seem to be working hard to get us a top CB(just wait). Winning games will make it A LOT easier to get that arena built and(more importantly) filled.

Quote:
Patrick Willis. Vernon Davis. Mike Iupati. Justin Smith. Memories of former glory. That's all we've got.
+Frank gore, tons of unproven talent(which is still talent nonetheless), and whoever we sign this offseason.

Well this team has given me plenty of reason to be optimistic the last 9 years. What was I thinking.
Originally posted by dmax:
trade this mofo ..now

Lol...no.

A dush-bag cop is only tough because of his badge and gun. Michael Crabtree is only a 49er because he's under contract and wears the #15 uni. He wants out. I don't believe him or anything he has to say. Michael Westbrook Pt. 2. PAYCE.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Chief:

I don't have a woman. I'm a leper and last time I got a hooker I told her "keep the tip".

:(

I see what you did there.

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Hence we need asomugha.

Quote:
Head Coach is unproven.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well this team has given me plenty of reason to be optimistic the last 9 years. What was I thinking.

Sorry that I like to actually AT LEAST wait until offseason is almost over to start whining and crying about how this season is a lost one. A lot of what we do revolves around the asomugha sweepstakes, so if we don't get him AND everyone's gone...then I'll be a debbie downer with the rest of you. But as of now, most FA's wont really start going till tomorrow or even longer.

I thought we were called the niner faithful, clearly it's the niner whiners. Why do you guys still follow the team if it's such a struggle? Cowboys, packers, ravens, jets, saints, patriots, colts, falcons take your pick.

[ Edited by mike on Jul 28, 2011 at 21:50:39 ]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Hence we need asomugha.

Quote:
Head Coach is unproven.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry that I like to actually AT LEAST wait until offseason is almost over to start whining and crying about how this season is a lost one. A lot of what we do revolves around the asomugha sweepstakes, so if we don't get him AND everyone's gone...then I'll be a debbie downer with the rest of you. But as of now, most FA's wont really start going till tomorrow.

I thought we were called the niner faithful, clearly it's the niner whiners. Why do you guys still follow the team if it's such a struggle? Cowboys, packers, ravens, saints, patriots, colts, take your pick.

Cuz we're faithful. But also realistic
  • mike
  • Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Hence we need asomugha.

Quote:
Head Coach is unproven.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry that I like to actually AT LEAST wait until offseason is almost over to start whining and crying about how this season is a lost one. A lot of what we do revolves around the asomugha sweepstakes, so if we don't get him AND everyone's gone...then I'll be a debbie downer with the rest of you. But as of now, most FA's wont really start going till tomorrow.

I thought we were called the niner faithful, clearly it's the niner whiners. Why do you guys still follow the team if it's such a struggle? Cowboys, packers, ravens, saints, patriots, colts, take your pick.

Cuz we're faithful. But also realistic

How is giving up on your team before training camp even starts faithful OR realistic?
Share 49ersWebzone