There are 284 users in the forums

Screw it, let's rebuild

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We kind of ARE rebuilding. This team won't win many games.

I kind of feel the same way. Where's the PYMWYMI thread?

I said the same thing in the first response. Lulz.

If Harbaugh really tears this thing down, which he probably will do, I don't see any better finish than 2-14. Maybe 4-12, but that's pushing it a bit.

Maybe we should tear it down, and start over.

I think we are tearing it down and starting over. This rebuild could never even get to .500 for the most part. Mostly below that. So I guess it failed. Maybe a rebuild is in order.

If Harbaugh really tears this thing down, which he probably will do, I don't see any better finish than 2-14. Maybe 4-12, but that's pushing it a bit.

I think we are tearing it down and starting over. This rebuild could never even get to .500 for the most part. Mostly below that. So I guess it failed. Maybe a rebuild is in order.

That means playoffs in 2014! Book it!

That means playoffs in 2014! Book it!

at our newly built stadium!
  • dj43
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Lets be honest. We have a rookie QB in the wings, a very young Oline, WR Corp and a TE not yet in his prime. Our defense has been gutted, and Willis and Justin Smith are the only two must haves. We might as well trim the fat (older Vets) and start signing young up-and-comers. I dont see us being competitive for at least two years the way this off-season is shaping up. So with that said, any clown that doesn't want to be on this team not named Davis or Willis, let them walk.

We've been rebuilding since 2003. I think the division, even for us, is within striking distance.
The Sidney Rice signing in Seattle just made that a much tougher task.
Originally posted by dj43:
Lets be honest. We have a rookie QB in the wings, a very young Oline, WR Corp and a TE not yet in his prime. Our defense has been gutted, and Willis and Justin Smith are the only two must haves. We might as well trim the fat (older Vets) and start signing young up-and-comers. I dont see us being competitive for at least two years the way this off-season is shaping up. So with that said, any clown that doesn't want to be on this team not named Davis or Willis, let them walk.

We've been rebuilding since 2003. I think the division, even for us, is within striking distance.

who is throwing the ball?
to echo some others: aren't we already?

I think we can compete in our s**t division this year, but we are clearly rebuilding. The entire defense will be overhauled, so will several important positions on offense.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I agree. Losing Hasselback and gaining Rice makes it a wash to me. It might even be in our favor.

However, now they have Lynch and Rice/Tate & Williams. We are screwed.

IMO, Seattle is really trying to improve, where as the Niners just seem to be dicking around.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 27, 2011 at 19:19:04 ]

I agree. Losing Hasselback and gaining Rice makes it a wash to me. It might even be in our favor.

their QB situation is worse then ours, that actually takes effort to accomplish
  • dj43
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Sorry, but you are way over simplifying the gravity of the situation. If anyone is speculating, it's you.

Wait till you see the size of the Baas contract before passing judgement. Could be that NYG are kicking themselves for locking him in like that.

I admit, I am disappointed with today's events too... but just try and ease into a state of calm.

I'm not complaining about who we should and shouldn't sign, I'm just saying we've lost a lot of guys. There were threads about this at the end of the season and it looks like they have come true.

There's changes every year; its part of the NFL scenery. Just that this year its all taking place in one week.

So far we've lost TKO and Baas. Good players and good guys, but neither was an all pro, and both have their potential downside.

Lets see if either of them has as good a year next year as they did last year, when they were both playing for new contracts. History says that they may have a letdown year.

The Gore "holdout"? Let's see if it really happens first. Maybe he misses a couple of exhibition games. No biggie. It should be well down on the list of priorities right now.

Change is good, especially for a team that hasn't won in awhile. IMHO.

The fact that we are complaining about losing two guys who were not even close to Pro Bowl quality, and who played at key positions, shows how shallow/weak the overall talent level it.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I think we can compete in our s**t division this year, but we are clearly rebuilding. The entire defense will be overhauled, so will several important positions on offense.

Just curious, is this at all a suprise to you? I feel like this FA overhaul has caught me off guard a little. Especially adding in the Gore hold out.

I know it's early, but there just seems to be a lot more subtraction than addition.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 27, 2011 at 19:23:06 ]

• dj43

Jackson had consistency issues playing for a HC that was not only a lose cannon, but was WAY over-rated as an OC prior to coming to Minnesota. When Jackson was on, he was quite good. The problem was the Brett Favre circus which de-railed any chance to develop him.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Just curious, is this at all a suprise to you? I feel like this FA overhaul has caught me off guard a little. Especially adding in the Gore hold out.

I know it's early, but there just seems to be a lot more subtraction than addition.

Patience.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Jackson had consistency issues playing for a HC that was not only a lose cannon, but was WAY over-rated as an OC prior to coming to Minnesota. When Jackson was on, he was quite good. The problem was the Brett Favre circus which de-railed any chance to develop him.

Tavariscuses.
I have a bellybutton

does it stink?

mine does

we've signed 20 rookies, re-signed Wragge and MacDonald, and we're apparently pursuing Asomugha. We've lost Spikes and Baas and Carr. It's the first day of Free Agency.
Share 49ersWebzone