There are 163 users in the forums

Screw it, let's rebuild

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 1982niners4life:
Every one who is reacting like we are down and out must not know to much about football. We will be competitive our division is weak not only that we gave teams like the saints and falcons all they could handle last year with a bad coach . Its the NFL any given Sunday any team can beat any team thats why i love this game . If your a true niner fan as I am you will quit crying bout our management and let them do there jobs. I know they want a winning team just as bad as we do after all they have to know that u put a winning team on the field that it will put fans in the stands. If your a true niner fan you will support the decisions they make stand by them when they make them. I will always defend any decision our team makes IM IN IT TILL THE END TILL DEATH DOES US PART NINERS 4 LIFE FROM ATRUE NINERS FAN LETS GO NINER FANS START REPRESENTIN UR TEAM LIKE U SHOULD .

Stopped reading after the bold. Don't you get it? A large number of those players are no longer with the team and maybe including Gore. Moreover, Manusky has been replaced with Fiango and it is not a given he is an upgrade. You might as well say the Dolphins gave the Falcons all they could handle last year, it's about as relavent.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Sorry, but you are way over simplifying the gravity of the situation. If anyone is speculating, it's you.

Wait till you see the size of the Baas contract before passing judgement. Could be that NYG are kicking themselves for locking him in like that.

I admit, I am disappointed with today's events too... but just try and ease into a state of calm.

I'm not complaining about who we should and shouldn't sign, I'm just saying we've lost a lot of guys. There were threads about this at the end of the season and it looks like they have come true.

There's changes every year; its part of the NFL scenery. Just that this year its all taking place in one week.

So far we've lost TKO and Baas. Good players and good guys, but neither was an all pro, and both have their potential downside.

Lets see if either of them has as good a year next year as they did last year, when they were both playing for new contracts. History says that they may have a letdown year.

The Gore "holdout"? Let's see if it really happens first. Maybe he misses a couple of exhibition games. No biggie. It should be well down on the list of priorities right now.

Change is good, especially for a team that hasn't won in awhile. IMHO.
I hope, cause we kinda have sucked for a while! We are slow and not real big, we need more team speed. I for one am on board with Harbaugh, and will give him the benefit of the doubt until he burns me, if he burns me. I have said before and will say again when you aren't winning Nobody is off limits to trade or replacement, nobody!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Sorry, but you are way over simplifying the gravity of the situation. If anyone is speculating, it's you.

Wait till you see the size of the Baas contract before passing judgement. Could be that NYG are kicking themselves for locking him in like that.

I admit, I am disappointed with today's events too... but just try and ease into a state of calm.

I'm not complaining about who we should and shouldn't sign, I'm just saying we've lost a lot of guys. There were threads about this at the end of the season and it looks like they have come true.

There's changes every year; its part of the NFL scenery. Just that this year its all taking place in one week.

So far we've lost TKO and Baas. Good players and good guys, but neither was an all pro, and both have their potential downside.

Lets see if either of them has as good a year next year as they did last year, when they were both playing for new contracts. History says that they may have a letdown year.

The Gore "holdout"? Let's see if it really happens first. Maybe he misses a couple of exhibition games. No biggie. It should be well down on the list of priorities right now.

amen! amen! amen!

Dont forget Lawson and Franklin. Those where two very imporant pieces to our D last year. Goldson is also a question mark right now.

Dont forget Lawson and Franklin. Those where two very imporant pieces to our D last year. Goldson is also a question mark right now.

I think we have all pretty much been expecting to lose Manny and AF for weeks/months now.

For Goldson, I guess the F/O can't win on that either. Either we badly overpay him and get fan disapproval... or we let him leave and get fan disapproval.
We kind of ARE rebuilding. This team won't win many games.

Lawson is a great guy with a terrific sense of humor, and a fan favorite because of it. His play at OLB in a 3-4 has never been what's required, however, and his possible departure has been on the horizon for some time. He was only a two down player last year--part of what made our D so vanilla and predictable. Time for a change. IMHO.

Franklin has priced himself out of the market for the Niners. Lets see if he gets what he thinks he's worth, or if he doesn't return to the Niners at a realistic salary. I thought I saw that Washington went with someone else at DL, and that he thought they were gonna be his big payday. We'll see.

Goldson is still to be determined, isn't it? And if he goes to Oakland instead, then its a chance to see what else we've got at safety.

The more things change . . . .

Virtually every guy who's able to make an NFL roster has talent, its sometimes the coaching that makes the difference. Sometimes its just giving a guy a chance to prove himself.

For all we know, Beeler may be the next Jeff Saturday, who was cut by Baltimore, considered too small and too slow. Indy gave him a chance, and he's been all pro what, four times?

So yes, let the Harbaugh rebuilding begin!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I kind of feel the same way. Where's the PYMWYMI thread?

Lawson is a great guy with a terrific sense of humor, and a fan favorite because of it. His play at OLB in a 3-4 has never been what's required, however, and his possible departure has been on the horizon for some time. He was only a two down player last year--part of what made our D so vanilla and predictable. Time for a change. IMHO.

Franklin has priced himself out of the market for the Niners. Lets see if he gets what he thinks he's worth, or if he doesn't return to the Niners at a realistic salary. I thought I saw that Washington went with someone else at DL, and that he thought they were gonna be his big payday. We'll see.

Goldson is still to be determined, isn't it? And if he goes to Oakland instead, then its a chance to see what else we've got at safety.

The more things change . . . .

Virtually every guy who's able to make an NFL roster has talent, its sometimes the coaching that makes the difference. Sometimes its just giving a guy a chance to prove himself.

For all we know, Beeler may be the next Jeff Saturday, who was cut by Baltimore, considered too small and too slow. Indy gave him a chance, and he's been all pro what, four times?

So yes, let the Harbaugh rebuilding begin!!![/quote]

Honestly, that's all I'm really trying to say. At first I was fighting it, but now I'm like "screw it, let's rebuild" this sucker.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I said the same thing in the first response. Lulz.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

LUCK?
Originally posted by boast:
a TE not yet in his prime? wtf? dude.

I'm not talking about age, I'm talking about display of talent.

Davis still drops the ball too often, and then he gives these speeches and cries before every game like he's some kind of leader. DUDE CATCH THE DAMN BALL

If Harbaugh really tears this thing down, which he probably will do, I don't see any better finish than 2-14. Maybe 4-12, but that's pushing it a bit.

If Harbaugh really tears this thing down, which he probably will do, I don't see any better finish than 2-14. Maybe 4-12, but that's pushing it a bit.

Maybe we should tear it down, and start over.
Share 49ersWebzone