LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Screw it, let's rebuild

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Why not, we've been rebuilding for over eight years. What is one more year. I am getting the stockholm syndrome slowly. Better yet, lets rebuild every year.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Oscar:
I have a bellybutton

Please contribute to the forum without the pointless quips. Thanks for understanding.

this thread is pointless

Why is this thread pointless? Pre Lockout end, I thought we where ready to compete. Post Lockout, the team is starting to look very diffrent and more and more like we are in complete rebuild mode.

its been like 2 days, this thread is a massive overreaction. why don't you wait until we see who actually gets signed before we throw in the towel

Your right. Why dont we all log off right now and discuss the season when it's over......

I enjoy the emotion of it. I enjoy the speculation. If you dont, fine. Continue to pop in and piss on peoples parade. There is no right or wrong way to be a fan, so dont lecture me about how to react. If you want to sit around and pretend wait and see is the superior approach, by all means feel free. But I'm on this forum to discuss 49er football, things that happened, may happen, my current view and yes, sometimes raw emotion. Sorry it bothers you.

So your speculation and future prediction on what may happen is that we should say screw it, just rebuild? I would prefer to have a level headed approach and wait for facts before worrying about conjecture. This is the same as people screaming that the season was over because Jim was going to Miami. Or that the FO was clueless because we weren't negotiating with Frank, then find out he's not returning calls.

Before I say screw the season, I would like to know what is actually happening.
I have a bellybutton

Please contribute to the forum without the pointless quips. Thanks for understanding.

this thread is pointless

Why is this thread pointless? Pre Lockout end, I thought we where ready to compete. Post Lockout, the team is starting to look very diffrent and more and more like we are in complete rebuild mode.

its been like 2 days, this thread is a massive overreaction. why don't you wait until we see who actually gets signed before we throw in the towel

LOL, you are legitimizing this thread by posting in it mutliple times. Every post keeps it alive for another day. Funny contradiction there to post in a thread multiple times to say the thread isn't worth discussion.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
THERE IS NO TOMMORROW

The SF Giants did it with misfits.
We have the coaching.

We were favorites to go to the playoffs and most had us in the Super Bowl last year.

We're almost there. Keep the faith.

Yeah, except we don't have the equivalent of Lincecum, Cain, Madbum, Sanchez, Posey, Franchez, or a complete shutdown bullpen....
it's hard to see what's happening and not think we will not be competitive this year. There is just no way.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I'll take the superior coaching over the overrated talent any day.

1 small example:
Seattle didn't beat New Orleans in the playoffs last year with better personnel... they did it with better coaching.

If you believe that Harbaugh/ Roman + Fangio are easily better than Sing/Raye + Manusky?

Then we can still make this season very interesting.

I like your attitude and approach.

There's a new coaching staff, so change is afoot. Some changes might be painful, but overall, I'm optimistic that the new coaching staff will make the team better, even if it takes some time.

Go Niners!
I have a bellybutton

this thread is pointless

Your right. Why dont we all log off right now and discuss the season when it's over......

I enjoy the emotion of it. I enjoy the speculation. If you dont, fine. Continue to pop in and piss on peoples parade. There is no right or wrong way to be a fan, so dont lecture me about how to react. If you want to sit around and pretend wait and see is the superior approach, by all means feel free. But I'm on this forum to discuss 49er football, things that happened, may happen, my current view and yes, sometimes raw emotion. Sorry it bothers you.

So your speculation and future prediction on what may happen is that we should say screw it, just rebuild? I would prefer to have a level headed approach and wait for facts before worrying about conjecture. This is the same as people screaming that the season was over because Jim was going to Miami. Or that the FO was clueless because we weren't negotiating with Frank, then find out he's not returning calls.

It may only have been two days since the lock out lifted, but in those two days we have found out that we wont be able to sign ANY of our FAs and that our premier RB is a hold out. As it stand, the last 48 hours have revield that we have more holes in our team than we thought.

Signing Smith is starting to look like a bad ideas, IMO.

P.S. This isn't a complaint thread, just a realization (for me) thread.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 27, 2011 at 11:59:15 ]
I have a bellybutton

this thread is pointless

It may only have been two days since the lock out lifted, but in those two days we have found out that we wont be able to sign ANY of our FAs and that our premier RB is a hold out. As it stand, the last 48 hours have revield that we have more holes in our team than we thought.

The only guy who will be missed is TKO. Gore wont go anywhere. Until somebody hears it from him, I'm not believing it.

A 1 year deal for Smith is insurance, nothing more. Better Smith than Carr!!

[ Edited by jreff22 on Jul 27, 2011 at 11:59:15 ]
I have a bellybutton

this thread is pointless

The only guy who will be missed is TKO. Gore wont go anywhere. Until somebody hears it from him, I'm not believing it.

Sorry, but you are way over simplifying/underestimating the gravity of the situation. If anyone is speculating, it's you.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 27, 2011 at 12:04:19 ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
THERE IS NO TOMMORROW

The SF Giants did it with misfits.
We have the coaching.

We were favorites to go to the playoffs and most had us in the Super Bowl last year.

We're almost there. Keep the faith.

I love this line of thinking.

I have a bellybutton

this thread is pointless

Sorry, but you are way over simplifying the gravity of the situation. If anyone is speculating, it's you.

Baas is mediocre, Manny was nothing special. We can still sign FA's, so the game is far from over. Knowing what happens with Nnamdi will determine how much we can spend...have to get the big fish first.

Sorry, but you are way over simplifying the gravity of the situation. If anyone is speculating, it's you.

Wait till you see the size of the Baas contract before passing judgement. Could be that NYG are kicking themselves for locking him in like that.

I admit, I am disappointed with today's events too... but just try and ease into a state of calm.
Every one who is reacting like we are down and out must not know to much about football. We will be competitive our division is weak not only that we gave teams like the saints and falcons all they could handle last year with a bad coach . Its the NFL any given Sunday any team can beat any team thats why i love this game . If your a true niner fan as I am you will quit crying bout our management and let them do there jobs. I know they want a winning team just as bad as we do after all they have to know that u put a winning team on the field that it will put fans in the stands. If your a true niner fan you will support the decisions they make stand by them when they make them. I will always defend any decision our team makes IM IN IT TILL THE END TILL DEATH DOES US PART NINERS 4 LIFE FROM ATRUE NINERS FAN LETS GO NINER FANS START REPRESENTIN UR TEAM LIKE U SHOULD .

Wait till you see the size of the Baas contract before passing judgement. Could be that NYG are kicking themselves for locking him in like that.

I admit, I am disappointed with today's events too... but just try and ease into a state of calm.

I'm not complaining about who we should and shouldn't sign, I'm just saying we've lost a lot of guys. There were threads about this at the end of the season and it looks like they have come true.

I'm not complaining about who we should and shouldn't sign, I'm just saying we've lost a lot of guys. There were threads about this at the end of the season and it looks like they have come true.

Kind of the same thing, no? We had to lose these guys because we know (F/O) shouldn't sign them to the bloated deals they received elsewhere.

We're gonna lose guys... just the way it is. I'm getting impatient too, but we will be adding FAs too. We're not gonna be losing anyone that our superior coaching can't make up for.
Share 49ersWebzone