There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Screw it, let's rebuild

Lets be honest. We have a rookie QB in the wings, a very young Oline, WR Corp and a TE not yet in his prime. Our defense has been gutted, and Willis and Justin Smith are the only two must haves. We might as well trim the fat (older Vets) and start signing young up-and-comers. I dont see us being competitive for at least two years the way this off-season is shaping up. So with that said, any clown that doesn't want to be on this team not named Davis or Willis, let them walk.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Aren't we?
I have a bellybutton
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 10,232
Originally posted by jreff22:
I have a bellybutton

Please contribute to the forum without the pointless quips. Thanks for understanding.
JH will trim the fat... Look at all the UDFA
We are. 6-10 is what I'm expecting now.
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I have a bellybutton

Please contribute to the forum without the pointless quips. Thanks for understanding.

this thread is pointless
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 10,232
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Lets be honest. We have a rookie QB in the wings, a very young Oline, WR Corp and a TE not yet in his prime. Our defense has been gutted, and Willis and Justin Smith are the only two must haves. We might as well trim the fat (older Vets) and start signing young up-and-comers. I dont see us being competitive for at least two years the way this off-season is shaping up. So with that said, any clown that doesn't want to be on this team not named Davis or Willis, let them walk.

We've been rebuilding since 2003. I think the division, even for us, is within striking distance.
I see the 9ers growing pains going similar to what Stanford went through under Harbaugh - the first two season weren't good. Hopefully we can do better than 6-10 this season.

  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Lets be honest. We have a rookie QB in the wings, a very young Oline, WR Corp and a TE not yet in his prime. Our defense has been gutted, and Willis and Justin Smith are the only two must haves. We might as well trim the fat (older Vets) and start signing young up-and-comers. I dont see us being competitive for at least two years the way this off-season is shaping up. So with that said, any clown that doesn't want to be on this team not named Davis or Willis, let them walk.

We've been rebuilding since 2003. I think the division, even for us, is within striking distance.

Would be for anybody.

It doesn't make it any less exciting.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I see the 9ers growing pains going similar to what Stanford went through under Harbaugh - the first two season weren't good. Hopefully we can do better than 6-10 this season.


I don't know why so many were expecting anything different. New coaches, systems. Virtually zero offseason. Why so surprised?
Dude...you're better than this.
The pieces are in place on offense. Losing Baas is not that big of a deal if we can land a vet center with starting experience. Only thing thats missing is the QB, which we drafted. No great losses on defense either. Clements, Lawson, Spikes and Franklin are adequate starters but not players that cannot be replaced. Patrick Willis, Justin Smith and Aldon Smith are a decent core of players while we go out and try to supplement the secondary.
THERE IS NO TOMMORROW


The SF Giants did it with misfits.
We have the coaching.

We were favorites to go to the playoffs and most had us in the Super Bowl last year.

We're almost there. Keep the faith.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We are. 6-10 is what I'm expecting now.

The first 6-10 team to win a division!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!