LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Clements Released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
21 Hours. I wonder when the 49ers actually do it, any guess?
No reports of them cutting him, yet.

It probably depends if we get Awesomemuah or not

[ Edited by valrod33 on Jul 27, 2011 at 09:59:30 ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
It's either cut or restructure.
restructure Nate and release Goldson
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
restructure Nate and release Goldson

This.

Please don't pay another cent for that overrated FS.
Restructure.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont care about Nate
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont care about Nate

I just can't wait for the newd he's gone bro! I am sooo tired of this bonehead CB.

[ Edited by 49ERSAM on Jul 27, 2011 at 10:03:34 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hey, I do the countdowns around here.
He is still an above average db we got nothing to replace him with. The only way you cut him is if he doesn't restructure. I seriously doubt he can go elsewhere for the money he is slated to make.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He is still an above average db we got nothing to replace him with. The only way you cut him is if he doesn't restructure. I seriously doubt he can go elsewhere for the money he is slated to make.

He's gonna cost us another game or two if we keep him. We could have been 9 -7 last year if it was not for this CB.
If we land Nnamdi, and Clements restructures... we may actually have a good CB corp.

Clements isnt as bad as people make him out to be, he definitly has his mental lapses but with Nate covering the slot, Nnamdi on an island against the top WR and Spencer on the other side... watch out. Spencer can cover but cant tackle, Nate can tackle but gets burned... putting Nate closer to the LOS and not on the Roddy Whites of the NFL will vastly improve our secondary.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
nate is bad...leave
Originally posted by dmax:
nate is bad...leave

It'd be great if we could land Nnamdi and keep Nate. Even then, we need to get a pass rush going or none of this will matter.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by dmax:
nate is bad...leave

It'd be great if we could land Nnamdi and keep Nate. Even then, we need to get a pass rush going or none of this will matter.

Dmax..Nate is the best CB on our roster. You mad because he fumbled one game?
Share 49ersWebzone