LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Baalke could be right

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by susweel:
They might as well shop VD and Pat around the league to see what they can fetch for them because this looks like a full rebuild.

Rebuilding is when you keep a few stars to keep butts in the seats while you gut everything else.

Some teams rebuild and trade for a star. Gore, VD and Willis are not going anywhere....unfortunately for them

we aren't rebuilding anything. we have lost 4 defensive starters (yes starters but most of them role players at best) and Crabtree will be out a while. We didn't upgrade anything but you are way off if you think this is a rebuild.

LMAO.

New GM
New HC
New OC
New DC
QB drafted high in 2nd
Former Franchise QB resigned for 1 year
4 starters not resigned(how many exactly were up to be resigned?

Thats a rebuild dude.
Originally posted by NolanMustDie:
they are gutting the team and rebuilding instead of what you heard from him, how would you react to it?

Because it's quite clear that whoever is involved clearly didn't like what he saw here in terms of our own players, and allowed everyone to leave as a FA, not to mention not going after anyone in FA.

I wouldnt be upset but this vague s**t of a plan and seeing what little defensive talent leave on 1 year deals pisses me the f**k off. For years ive been against calling the Yorks cheap and incompetent. I always disagreed but 8 years later my eyes are wide open. Holy f**k do I wish it was different but its not. The owners are clueless and cheap to the point I wish they would just sell the f**king team.
they are gutting the team and rebuilding instead of what you heard from him, how would you react to it?

Because it's quite clear that whoever is involved clearly didn't like what he saw here in terms of our own players, and allowed everyone to leave as a FA, not to mention not going after anyone in FA.

I'd call BS... all these moves were basically expected when you consider the contracts involved.
They might as well shop VD and Pat around the league to see what they can fetch for them because this looks like a full rebuild.

Rebuilding is when you keep a few stars to keep butts in the seats while you gut everything else.

Some teams rebuild and trade for a star. Gore, VD and Willis are not going anywhere....unfortunately for them

we aren't rebuilding anything. we have lost 4 defensive starters (yes starters but most of them role players at best) and Crabtree will be out a while. We didn't upgrade anything but you are way off if you think this is a rebuild.

LMAO.

New GM
New HC
New OC
New DC
QB drafted high in 2nd

Thats a rebuild dude.

I wouldn't call our GM new since he has been here a while and can't as a GM last year.

And yeah we have a new coaching staff but so do a lot of teams. We drafted a QB of the future, but if Alex is coached up he could probably stay around another 2-3 years.

As someone mentioned before a rebuild is when you ship away all your star players and we have those guys locked up for a while (besides gore who we've been drafting for his replacement that last few years)

LMAO.

New GM
New HC
New OC
New DC
QB drafted high in 2nd

Thats a rebuild dude.

I'd call it progress.
Just because we had a few guys walk and didn't bring in a big name that equals a rebuild? I still think we have the talent to win 9 games.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
gutting the team of mid-level talent.

i can dig it!
Just because we had a few guys walk and didn't bring in a big name that equals a rebuild? I still think we have the talent to win 9 games.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

thats assuming we wont average 13.7 points a game on offense.
Yup, I have no problem with a REAL rebuilding year. In the past decade, our rebuilding process was missing a REAL head coach and a REAL QB to lead it. Harbaugh is the first piece of the puzzle, and either Kap or someone like Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley in next year's draft could be the QB we need.

So if we have to tear it ALL down to build it back up bigger and stronger, I'm all for it. I'm a Niner fan for life, not just for a decade or year-to-year.

Every team goes through slumps of years and sometimes just need that right mix. I say we started slumping since Mooch had his last season as HC.

Give it time, we have a young OL, established RB, and multiple TEs on the offense, and a tough SOB @ MLB to build our team around on defense. It's gonna hurt, but if this team buys into it, then we're the team that'll not only look good, but have the money to get the right pieces

thats assuming we wont average 13.7 points a game on offense.

I love your optimism, brother!!!!
obviously its a definition dispute, but personally I think you are crazy if you can't call a football team a rebuild when they enter a season under an entirely new staff, a bunch of new starters(just wait until week 1, I bet 25% of our starters will be new), and no win now talk or action

We lost no one who's been anything more than an average player for us. Core is intact on both sides of the ball.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by pd24:

They are not gutting the team, they are not paying the high price tags for the players that have not produced.

Clements is getting 3m a year. Lawson and Franklin signed one year deals for the same I believe. Bass is the only one of our FA's that got a nice contract. Every other player got a reasonable contract and certainly not "high priced".

They are gutting the team.

Those 3 guys were not part of the plan going forward except maybe Franklin. All these guys can be replaced, the back up or FA that replaces them will produce the same numbers or be better. It's not like Pro Bowlers were let go. Why pay 1 year deals to them when we need to figure out who is taking their spot for the long term and give the young guys playing time to develop?

Most fans were upset at Nolan and Sing for not giving the young guys a chance and now we will be doing that, so i am happy about that.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
We have yet to lose a player that I actually cared about.

A voice of reason here? Couldn't agree more. We lost a hand full of players that are largely to blame for a 6-10 season- see ya suckers.
Share 49ersWebzone