There are 203 users in the forums

Baalke could be right

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 190836:
K.Lynch just tweeted B. Edwards is watching 49ers practice.

He probably is loving the idea of potentially playing with Kap because of his huge arm.

...except Alex is starting so...
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If they sign either Edwards or Floyd, it'll be a great day. Floyd is arguably the more dependable of the two, but BE can make big plays. Plus, he wants to show the Jets he's still got it. Rogers and Goodwin are both upgrades, as well. I hope this action quells most of the Baalke bashing...

Floyd is more dependable, Edwards is more dangerous as a weapon.

Who do you thinks fits better in the WCO?

Hard to say. I don't think either receiver stands out in WCO terms - both have made their success off of the deep route. Both are big receivers, with Floyd being the bigger one. Braylon Edwards is the much better deep route runner. That's the bad thing about big receivers - they're not always the most polished route runners and don't have that sort of sudden quickness that you'll see in a lot of ideal WCO receivers.

I would rather take Braylon just because he's younger. Floyd is a big target but he was in an offense that made him look good. Plus, Braylon had an insane pro bowl year - his ceiling is much higher than Floyd's.

That's a great point. I forgot the Rivers factor. Not sure Floyd is Floyd with Sanchez in the AFC East.

Yeah. Keep in mind Braylon had better stats last year with a lesser QB. In 2007, Braylon also had 16 touchdowns and 1289 yards with Derek Anderson at the helm. Floyd has yet to even touch graze those numbers even with Rivers

Those stats are pretty compelling. Ok, give me Edwards......apparently I'm easily convinced. Good thing I'm not a GM.

He probably is loving the idea of potentially playing with Kap because of his huge arm.

Actually Alex gives us the best chance to win

He might. Harbaugh will let them both duke it out in training camp.

I expect Alex to win...and then if he doesn't convince the world, Cap takes over next season.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I don't think Cap is ready yet. Maybe next year, that way Luck can watch and learn from him for the following year.

No way Luck is falling to 32

Great response!

I don't think Cap is ready yet. Maybe next year, that way Luck can watch and learn from him for the following year.

Great response!

Yeah...we could trade down for the right number of picks...
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Great response!

With Yorks anything is possible.
CK is impressing at TC but also making many mental/rookie errors. Don't think Harbaugh wants to throw him to the dogs and Smith will be better under his tutelage. So, what the heck--be optimistic!
Appologize if this was already talked about.

An article on Pro Football Talk claims there are 7 teams that are over the salary cap.

Raiders ($17.3 million), Steelers ($11.5 million), Texans ($8.5 million), Vikings ($5.6 million), Lions ($5 million), Cowboys ($3.7 million), and Panthers ($939,000).

...there still could be some good picks out there.
Wait a little longer and pick up some more good cuts
I think Baalke is correct, at least so far. Overall I think we have an improved talent base. Now we get to see what Harbaugh can do with the talent he has been given.

Originally posted by Jakemall:

Great response!

It would take 2 years worth of picks to trade up from 32 to get luck. I don't want him that bad, especially if Kap looks promising.
Originally posted by LA49er:

An article on Pro Football Talk claims there are 7 teams that are over the salary cap.

Raiders ($17.3 million), Steelers ($11.5 million), Texans ($8.5 million), Vikings ($5.6 million), Lions ($5 million), Cowboys ($3.7 million), and Panthers ($939,000).

Good post.

On thursday contracts become official, some decent players will get cut.

WE HAVE A PLAN!

But honestly... what if, and its a big IF... but what IF Baalke & Co. planned on teams overspending in this unsure CBA climate and then having to make panic cuts when contracts become official thursday.

Obviously its speculation and we have already filled some holes with Rogers, Goodwin, potentially Edwards... but it would be nice to see us pounce on some players cut due to getting under the salary cap. IMO it would give niner fans some confidence that we may actually have one of the better FO's in the league now.

Please remember the words IF and "speculation" were the basis of that last sentance, in no way was it a statement of fact so save the negative responses for a different post.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Good post.

WE HAVE A PLAN!

But honestly... what if, and its a big IF... but what IF Baalke & Co. planned on teams overspending in this unsure CBA climate and then having to make panic cuts when contracts become official thursday.

Obviously its speculation and we have already filled some holes with Rogers, Goodwin, potentially Edwards... but it would be nice to see us pounce on some players cut due to getting under the salary cap. IMO it would give niner fans some confidence that we may actually have one of the better FO's in the league now.

Please remember the words IF and "speculation" were the basis of that last sentance, in no way was it a statement of fact so save the negative responses for a different post.

Are you saying longtime NFL professionals might know more than the collective wisdom of the webzone? Audacious!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Good post.

WE HAVE A PLAN!

Are you saying longtime NFL professionals might know more than the collective wisdom of the webzone? Audacious!

Wierd right?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Good post.

WE HAVE A PLAN!

Wierd right?

Indubitably!
Share 49ersWebzone