LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Baalke could be right

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hklar17:
the zone tends to panic at times

At times? Try all the time.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I made a thread telling people to relax because there was still plenty of talent out there. It got locked in moments. I don't know why as it was the exact post the forum needed. What can I say, mods suck.

im sure some posters feel the same way at times, it sucks but at least you were being positive trying to bring up morale. If we get goodwin apro bowl c, rogers a good cover cb we may be ok given smith takes over for goldson
Originally posted by btwagner:
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by YungAce:
goodwin+rogers+floyd = a better 9ers team than last year

lawson, goldson, and i would say franklin are all expendable.

I would be content with that.

The plan is to build through the draft...every year

Agreed. The plan is also to build a team with quality free agent acquisitions for the right price. I doubt we'll overpay for these 3 guys. Shoot, I doubt we'll get any of them lol
i paniced too but thats because im a fanatic about this team ....lets hope hes (baalke) is always right
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

I'd be happy with this.

If we sign those three, or even any combination of two of them and goldson, I will be twice as stoked as the cheerleader in the gif someone will inevitably post.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
we can't attract big name free agents without HUGELY overpaying for them. we just gotta get better, win games, get our qb situation settled. then the right FA's will fall in place. this new regime is dedicated on building a dynasty through the draft first and foremost.

Thanks for expressing what should be obvious to most Zoners by now....but clearly is not.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btwagner:
Originally posted by gage:

I would be content with that.

The plan is to build through the draft...every year

Agreed. The plan is also to build a team with quality free agent acquisitions for the right price. I doubt we'll overpay for these 3 guys. Shoot, I doubt we'll get any of them lol

We need to spend money some time, it's possible none want to come here lol, but I think it's realistic to expect at least one :P

I like that quote the niners have near the practice fields, "if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse", did any of those guys they didn't re-sign really look like they'd be getting a ton better any time soon? If they live up to their hype it seems we've got one of the best developing coaching staffs we've had in a long time so these coaches would rather have youth they can mold rather than old guys who've got unbreakable habits.

Even if we don't make the playoffs again, I'm excited to see who emerges this year in those spots that used to be filled by mediocre veterans.

[ Edited by mike on Aug 2, 2011 at 23:22:49 ]
Just add Floyd , Goodwin , and possibly Goldson at a fair price and I become a believer in the we got a plan and the patient approach will pay off.

understatement of the decade! A lot of divas & unending drama......
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Just add Floyd , Goodwin , and possibly Goldson at a fair price and I become a believer in the we got a plan and the patient approach will pay off.

I dont even need all of them to believe that..2 out of three would sufice.

I would event take one of Floyd and Goodwin and a comparable talent in place of the other.

As long as we come out with one more WR and a starting Center I think we will be ok, Goldson would be a nice bonus though.

• rum53
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I would event take one of Floyd and Goodwin and a comparable talent in place of the other.

As long as we come out with one more WR and a starting Center I think we will be ok, Goldson would be a nice bonus though.

I think we need to add one more dlineman for depth too.
Originally posted by rum53:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I think we need to add one more dlineman for depth too.

we should bring in "Pat Williams" on the cheap, he could play NT and give us some great depth on the D-Line ...he is old but can get the Job done

This is the biggest understatement ever made on the zone!
I think the best case scenario would be sign Goldson for a 1 year deal and let him walk next year. Time is getting short and I imagine he isn't receiving the long term offers that he was expecting. Signing him for one year allows us to have our starting safety back and more time to develop or dismiss Mays and R Smith.

I would also like to see them sign Goodson and Floyd to one year deals. It has become obvious that Harbaugh is rebuilding his team his way, but signing these veterans for one year deals would allow be more competitive this year and be able to dismiss them the following year as Harbaugh has more time to develop his team.

Solution = get them signed for 1 yr
Good post - I agree. If we get Goodwin or Kreutz, move Snyder to Guard, pick up Floyd at WR and we come out better than average. We still need an enforcer Safety.
Share 49ersWebzone