There are 234 users in the forums

Baalke could be right

Shop Find 49ers gear online
goodwin+rogers+floyd = a better 9ers team than last year

lawson, goldson, and i would say franklin are all expendable.
Originally posted by hklar17:
the zone tends to panic at times

Ya think?
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

I would be content with that.
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

I would tend to agree with the exception of Goldson. With Sensabaugh resigning with Dallas and Jarrod Page going to Eagles there arent many others out there better than Goldson. At the right price Goldson is solid.
burp....spam.

[ Edited by Kolohe on Aug 2, 2011 at 21:54:26 ]
Originally posted by gansikuaidi02:
....spamma jamma

GTFO

[ Edited by Kolohe on Aug 2, 2011 at 21:54:51 ]
I'm good with Snyder at C or if they decide to bring someone in. CB is the biggest need IMO and Rodgers would be an upgrade over Clements. I'm not concerned about our WR's. I'm hoping they let the young guys play. RJ is the TRUTH.
Aldon Smith + Brooks > Manny Lawson
Soap =Franklin
Rodgers = or > Clements
Larry Grant can't be any worst than Spikes.

People forget that Clements, Lawson, and Spikes were basically benched at one time or another last year. Maybe we aren't upgrading but I doubt we are downgrading as much as people think.
Maybe we overpaid for Clements, but theres no way you can say that Carlos Rogers is an upgrade for Clements, look at his stats he is a mediocre corner at best, he is an upgrade at our #2 DB slot not for our #1, but I guess thats just a position we will have to address in next years draft
Originally posted by gansikuaidi02:
please stop quoting my spam I have nothing to offer.

[ Edited by Kolohe on Aug 2, 2011 at 21:55:22 ]

we can't attract big name free agents without HUGELY overpaying for them. we just gotta get better, win games, get our qb situation settled. then the right FA's will fall in place. this new regime is dedicated on building a dynasty through the draft first and foremost.
Originally posted by Jacka:
If the Niners can lock up Jonathon Goodwin (Espn's #1 rated FA center) Carlos Rodgers (one of the better CB's in FA at a reasonable price) and Goldson at a fair price it wil look liek Baalke knew what he was doing. They obviously feel better about our dline with Sopoaga at nose and McDonald at LDE. Also with Aldon SMith over Lawson.

Either way it makes sense to wait it out because FA's cant even practice until Thursday. I'd much rather go this route than just frantically throw money at mediocre FA's like most of the peoplke on this board would prefer.

That is a big if. I mean...FA is slowing down now so why are these guys not signed. We need to get them into camp.
Originally posted by Jacka:
If the Niners can lock up Jonathon Goodwin (Espn's #1 rated FA center) Carlos Rodgers (one of the better CB's in FA at a reasonable price) and Goldson at a fair price it wil look liek Baalke knew what he was doing. They obviously feel better about our dline with Sopoaga at nose and McDonald at LDE. Also with Aldon SMith over Lawson.

Either way it makes sense to wait it out because FA's cant even practice until Thursday. I'd much rather go this route than just frantically throw money at mediocre FA's like most of the peoplke on this board would prefer.

Reading all the new articles that came out this evening I feel the same way. Things definitly wouldn't look so bleak.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Carlos Rodgers is a lesser version of Ike "Stone Hands" Taylor -- He is always there to defend a pass but can't catch one for his life. I'm fine with that as long as he is a solid cover corner. Signing Goodwin, Rodgers, Floyd and resigning Goldson is perfectly fine with what Baalke and Harbaugh want to do. The "In Harbaugh We Trust" adage needs to be chanted when you read that we signed a UFA CB from Tulane to a 3 year contract before he's even played a down of pro ball.

They do have a "plan" and it is clearly unconventional so we really can only wait and see what it brings. What we should be more worried about is seeing how they react to the rash of season ending injuries and how the rework the depth chart.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hklar17:
the zone tends to panic at times

Like for the last eight years?
Share 49ersWebzone