LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

any one worried that we couldnt resign tko?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fangio must have watched enough tape too see that TKO is getting old, and Bowman is a capable, younger, cheaper suitor with more upside. GO NINERS!
its pretty simple, the 9ers werent willing to pay a premium for a ILB that isnt going to get any better. i like TKO but if i were GM no way i give him a 3 yr deal.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
I mean he couldnt of been very expensive. Im getting a sinking feeling that we`re going to see more fa`s leave (such as goldson) and not have any quality vets come in. As much potential as our picks have i dont see many of them contributing for atleast a season especially with the weird offseason.

Spikes is 34 years old and we have 2 young ILB's on the team already. Plus given the available ILB's that are available right now, the 49ers can always sign someone.

Nick Barnett
Kirk Morrison
Barrett Rudd

all FA ILB's that can play the TED in a 3-4

P.S. Goldson is nothing special. I would rather sign Huff, Weddle or Landry.

Signing Ruud would be insane!!!

PWillis BRuud NBowman Rotation?!

[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Jul 26, 2011 at 22:29:31 ]
Not really I love the guy but somehow I just dont believe he could be part of a winning team.
I thought he was a good team leader but he is 34. There won't be much left in the tank.
Thanks Takeo!
I guess the Chargers aren't going to playoffs
Yes. He was arguably the most vocal leader on this team, was responsible in part for mentoring the up and coming Willis, and had a career year last year. I met him after the Eagles game last year and the guy was truly devastated after that loss. He cared about this team and was committed to winning.

If anything, this should be an indicator of how interested our FO is committed to winning and keeping important players on this team.
maybe hes just bad luck, never been to the playoffs and hes 34. time to move on. he and his neck were two of my favorite niners but he will start to slow down and i doubt he can repeat last years success. i wish you luck and health for next year and hopefully a playoff appearance. bowman and willis give us more speed but spikes knowledge was important, thank God willis learned as much as he did from him and singletard while he was here.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I liked Spikes. But it's a youth movement now with the new staff. We'll see.

Originally posted by adacosta24:
Fangio must have watched enough tape too see that TKO is getting old, and Bowman is a capable, younger, cheaper suitor with more upside. GO NINERS!

Although nobody seems to be giving him any mention, I guarantee that Mckillop makes a significant push for that starting job - physicals are right in line with Bowman but with better instincts.
i'm kinda worried cause spikes is gone lawson is gone franklin is gone if we aren't aggressive goldson will go to the raiders and if clements doesn't get his contract restructured then he could be cut as-well and then who would we have as a nose tackle or a safety and a corner i'm just concerned that we aren't gonna make any moves for anyone and we are gonna burned even worse than what we did last year
Originally posted by shortyniner:
Thanks Takeo!
I cant even lie, I like TKO, but i have to say what did bother me this offseason is his comment about taking part in what they called "Camp Alex". I mean i personally didnt like his opinion that it was done to draw attention to themselves or for publicity. That was kind of a shot in the dark. I mean, yeah your good, but your not that good, vet or not.

And then when i heard Sapp and Dukes on TV talking about the issue of two-adays, and they made the comment, come on guys it's football, and a mans game. Then TKO said on ESPN, yeah man im so glad we got rid of those two a days, cuz they were killing us.

Now im not in the NFL, so i cant tell you what they are like. But all i know is youd never hear Ray Lewis or even Pwilly complain about two a days. The more work you put in, the better you are, IMHO, and your never to good that you cant get better.

It just seemed in a way that his killer mindset, and training, and still working on his craft is gone. So maybe with him, there is no more upside. And yeah he helped in top 3 in tackles I think, but then again he was on the defense that did give up big points and plays, and he cant really drop into coverage.

So as a result, he'll be missed for a day, but i mean it's not like getting rid of P.Willy.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by loud3800:
i'm kinda worried cause spikes is gone lawson is gone franklin is gone if we aren't aggressive goldson will go to the raiders and if clements doesn't get his contract restructured then he could be cut as-well and then who would we have as a nose tackle or a safety and a corner i'm just concerned that we aren't gonna make any moves for anyone and we are gonna burned even worse than what we did last year

We're obviously going to make some moves this off season...Spikes is not a big concern because people younger than him can easily replace him. I also believe harbaugh can get more out of our youth, being from the college level himself, than singletary did. There are still good free agents out there you just need to be patient.
Share 49ersWebzone