There are 14 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

any one worried that we couldnt resign tko?

Originally posted by AKfanster:
I was surprised to see this today, I thought TKO would be back.

I'm not worried that the team "couldn't" resign him, I'm thinking more along the lines that the team didn't really want him.

Can this be a sign of things to come? Out with the old/slow and in with the new/fast? Or maybe TKO just doesn't fit with what the Niners are trying to do on defense now?

This was my line of thinking as well.

When I heard the news, the only thing that I could think of was that Fangio better know what he's doing because he's now put a lot of faith into Bowman.

-9fA
Oh well. Apparently he got more money and a longer deal. I mean he is 34 yrs old, and got a 3yr deal.

As for Goldson, he isnt gonna be cheap, Oakland wants him. I honestly wouldnt go over 5M, but I have a feeling. He gets a deal worth between 6.5 and 7m a yr.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I'm not worried that the team "couldn't" resign him, I'm thinking more along the lines that the team didn't really want him.

Can this be a sign of things to come? Out with the old/slow and in with the new/fast? Or maybe TKO just doesn't fit with what the Niners are trying to do on defense now?

When I heard the news, the only thing that I could think of was that Fangio better know what he's doing because he's now put a lot of faith into Bowman.

-9fA

Fangio definitely has his work cut out for him. MM said none of the defense got his playbook during that injunction on draft day.
just found out, ouch this one stings a little.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Oh well. Apparently he got more money and a longer deal. I mean he is 34 yrs old, and got a 3yr deal.

As for Goldson, he isnt gonna be cheap, Oakland wants him. I honestly wouldnt go over 5M, but I have a feeling. He gets a deal worth between 6.5 and 7m a yr.

6-7 million is just to much!
Originally posted by 190836:
Not anymore, he is gone. Yorks are at it again. Lets get rid of all the good players.

At least Seattle is trying to get better, what are the Niners doing? Alex Smith? WTF!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Bowman or McKillop.......I'd assume Bowman, but I guess we'll see. I'm worried this means we'll see more blitzing......the Niners got TORCHED last season when they blitzed (sent more than 4 rushers)

If they don't address the backend then this defense is doomed IMO
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Not anymore, he is gone. Yorks are at it again. Lets get rid of all the good players.

At least Seattle is trying to get better, what are the Niners doing? Alex Smith? WTF!

Here we go...
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

i know right?!?!? why didnt we get tarvaris jackson and leinart???

i has sadface
I am not worried at all!!

we all want that Pat Willies aka Bam-Bam to take ownership of this team and with TKO presence and leather ship he couldn't.

Its time for Bam-Bam to assume this leadership role and take us to the promise land!!
Pissed off, i'd rather have TKO But we do have a young guy just hope he gets it done next to willis! Goldson is going to be over paid, by us or the raiders!
This song just about sums up how I feel about TKO, but everything happens for a reason, every given season.

at people upset about not re-signing a 34 year old middle line backer on the down side of his career.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_educator:
Originally posted by dj43:
Mixed feelings.
Pro:
He was a good leader and role model. Also very good against the run.

Con:
ILBs past the age of 34 tend to hit the wall rather quickly and with little warning.
He was a liability in coverage.

Summary: Sounds like a Walsh-esque move of allowing a player to leave with a little left in the tank as opposed to waiting until he had nothing and was just taking a roster spot.

When was he a liability in coverage??? Matt Cassel tore apart Navarro Bowman til dingleberry took him out for Spikes again.

I wish we had him for another year but it is what it is. He was definitely 1 of my favorite players in the short time he was in San Fran and i know he'll do good in san diego w/ Manusky.
That's true but just because Spikes was better than a rookie doesn't make him a good coverage LB.

I liked the guy a lot. I thought he brought not only good run stopping ability but a great attitude. However it is time to bring Bowman into the picture. He should be ready by now.
I'm personally happy we didn't sign Spikes to a 3 year deal.