LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

2011-2012 49ers Off Season Signings (FA's and/or Trades)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that's a f**kin move! Yessss
Originally posted by Howlett:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Quote:
AdamSchefter
Former Eagles kicker David Akers reaches agreement with 49ers.

HOLY s**t!!! -Knew Nedney was gonna be done... isn't he like (con-currently) the best kicker in the entire f**king NFL right now?

Bubble! Akers>Nedney. I liked Nedney and he was a very consistant kicker for the Niners but Akers is top 5 kicker in league. Younger, Stronger leg, Just as accurate if not maybe more.

1. Akers is 36
2. He owned a 84% FG Percentage, while Nedney had an 80%. Not that drastic.
Scott
3 year deal
Patriots sign Chad Ochocinco. Texans sign Jonathan Joseph. 49ers sign...David Akers.

Typical Yorks.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Forty Whiners gonna Forty Whine

How are you even a member of a 49er forum. Go watch Nnamdi leave you loser!
3yr deal.

Update, after checking cap figures, adding in new rooks deals. And before knowing the terms of Akers, Wragge and McDonald, we have 26.9M in room. I would expect to take away about 4M for McDonald, maybe a mill for Wragge and a few for Akers. So we have the room to get Nnamdi.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Even though its a kicker its a good move, the guy has more of a leg then Nedney
Originally posted by area49:
Patriots sign Chad Ochocinco. Texans sign Jonathan Joseph. 49ers sign...David Akers.

Typical Yorks.

Yeah... getting one of the best kickers in the game sucks.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jul 28, 2011 at 18:16:08 ]
I like this move. Nedney has been hurt, and Akers is an improvement. I don't know why people are so upset when this signing has zero impact on whether we get Nnamdi or not.
This should be moved to NT. He's a Niner now.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
This should be moved to NT. He's a Niner now.

This is what you can really call a "LEGIT" signing, a 4-star player signing because we happen to have a 4-star ST-coach within the personnel.
Originally posted by feeblefreestyler:
Originally posted by Howlett:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Quote:
AdamSchefter
Former Eagles kicker David Akers reaches agreement with 49ers.

HOLY s**t!!! -Knew Nedney was gonna be done... isn't he like (con-currently) the best kicker in the entire f**king NFL right now?

Bubble! Akers>Nedney. I liked Nedney and he was a very consistant kicker for the Niners but Akers is top 5 kicker in league. Younger, Stronger leg, Just as accurate if not maybe more.

1. Akers is 36
2. He owned a 84% FG Percentage, while Nedney had an 80%. Not that drastic.
Scott

Nedney is 38 and 4% is a lot... kinda like the differance between a 58% completion to 62% completion rating for a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone