LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

Where are we at with the new cap

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How much money do we have???
put it this way. We're headed to the Kia dealership, not Mercedes Benz.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
put it this way. We're headed to the Kia dealership, not Mercedes Benz.

Metaphor being what it is, I'd say (hope?) more like Hyundai (good value for $$$) or Chevy (ranging from crap to Corvettes)...
AB?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I heard we were like 8 million under.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/20/11/bMaioccob-Examining-the-49ers-salary-cap/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=542461
about $18M under, excluding the 3M exception.

This years cap is officially set at 120.4M instead of previous 120M, and the minimum is 107M to be spent, cash wise, which i think is in current salaries, not including dead money.

Right now our regular 51 players committed are at 99M, then we have about $3M in dead space.

A little insight for future years, the cap is expected to be at least 120M over the next 3 yrs('11-'13). We are at $66M for 2012 right now. Not including draftees of course.

Now we will save atleast 10M on nate clements, either by cutting(which saves 14M) or restructuring his deal.

Norris, Carr, Haralson are possible cuts.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

This years cap is officially set at 120.4M instead of previous 120M, and the minimum is 107M to be spent, cash wise, which i think is in current salaries, not including dead money.

Right now our regular 51 players committed are at 99M, then we have about $3M in dead space.

A little insight for future years, the cap is expected to be at least 120M over the next 3 yrs('11-'13). We are at $66M for 2012 right now. Not including draftees of course.

Now we will save atleast 10M on nate clements, either by cutting(which saves 14M) or restructuring his deal.

I love you.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I love you.

Yes cut them all with a sharp knife.

I love you.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I love you.

Yes cut them all with a sharp knife.

Use this:

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I love you.

I are so happy!

So what you are saying is to stay in line with the new league salary floor, we must spend more.....

So lets go pick up Namdi, Jonathan Joseph, Mankins, and chad greenway.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

So what you are saying is to stay in line with the new league salary floor, we must spend more.....

That doesn't include all of our FA's - we're not in the position to be big spenders
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

That doesn't include all of our FA's - we're not in the position to be big spenders

I think we might not have a choice but to be big spenders after Clements is dealt with one way or the other.
Share 49ersWebzone