There are 175 users in the forums

We can sign our own free agents starting tomorrow

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
I'm willing to bet Nate Clements gets cut

Pending what happens in free agency, I'd say there's a one in four or five chance that happens.
Originally posted by cgida:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
for sure
alex smith
david baas
nate clements restructure (may happen within next 2 days)
ray mcdonald

probably
laboy (higher chance than lawson)
goldson
TKO

maybe:
lawson

probably not

franklin

am i missing anyone?

I think Barry Sims is a key FA but on the other hand he is 37

i think we move on past Barry although he has filled in admirably over the past few years. I believe it is time to give Boone a chance to prove his worth, he has earned it.

Are you nuts, Barry Sims at 37 was one of the best OT on the team last year. If he will sign a 2 year deal for close to the league minimum, he is a much better oprtion than anyone else as the swing back up tackle.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Not so fast. This timeline is subject to approval from the NFLPA. But it is possible it could happen. For now we wait......

exactly, theres bound to be an unexpected turn somewhere

I wouldn't say that, but none of this is official just yet and is pending.
We should get going with our own because we don't want to be messing around with guys that are almost locks on this team when other free agents are getting swept up. One agent said teams where calling already last night and deals are done. Rules aren't being enforced so let's not be the only team not cheating.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by cgida:
for sure
alex smith
david baas
nate clements restructure (may happen within next 2 days)
ray mcdonald

probably
laboy (higher chance than lawson)
goldson
TKO

maybe:
lawson

probably not

franklin

am i missing anyone?

I think Barry Sims is a key FA but on the other hand he is 37

i think we move on past Barry although he has filled in admirably over the past few years. I believe it is time to give Boone a chance to prove his worth, he has earned it.

Are you nuts, Barry Sims at 37 was one of the best OT on the team last year. If he will sign a 2 year deal for close to the league minimum, he is a much better oprtion than anyone else as the swing back up tackle.

OT Rashad Butler from the Texans would be a good pick up for the Niners. He's young and he has played well when given an opportunity, he would cost a little but he wouldn't break the bank.
WOOO here comes the Alex Smith Bandwagon, better get on before he takes off like an F-35.
at what time does it all begin?

Here is the timeline from PFT.... (I'm assuming today you can only negotiate.

Today, the NFL will publish a Free Agency List.

On Tuesday, team facilities will open for voluntary training, conditioning, and classroom instruction.

On Tuesday, trades can begin.

At 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may sign drafted rookies, undrafted rookies, and negotiate with (but not sign) their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights players, and franchise players.

Also, beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may negotiate with, but not sign or give offer sheets to, other team’s unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, and franchise players.

At 4:01 p.m. ET on Thursday, teams may waive or terminate player contracts.

At 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may renegotiate existing player contracts.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams sign their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights free agents, and franchise players.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may sign unrestricted free agents from other teams, restricted free agents from other teams, and franchise players from other teams.

No payment of any kind can be made to any player until the CBA has been ratified by the players.

The 2011 league year will begin no later than August 4. When the 2011 league year begins, teams must be under the salary cap. (Specifically, their highest 51 cap numbers must fit under the cap.)
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Here is the timeline from PFT.... (I'm assuming today you can only negotiate.

Today, the NFL will publish a Free Agency List.

On Tuesday, team facilities will open for voluntary training, conditioning, and classroom instruction.

On Tuesday, trades can begin.

At 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may sign drafted rookies, undrafted rookies, and negotiate with (but not sign) their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights players, and franchise players.

Also, beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may negotiate with, but not sign or give offer sheets to, other team’s unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, and franchise players.

At 4:01 p.m. ET on Thursday, teams may waive or terminate player contracts.

At 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may renegotiate existing player contracts.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams sign their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights free agents, and franchise players.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may sign unrestricted free agents from other teams, restricted free agents from other teams, and franchise players from other teams.

No payment of any kind can be made to any player until the CBA has been ratified by the players.

The 2011 league year will begin no later than August 4. When the 2011 league year begins, teams must be under the salary cap. (Specifically, their highest 51 cap numbers must fit under the cap.)

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

...and resigns at cheaper deal.

Originally posted by 49erThrowback:

Pending what happens in free agency, I'd say there's a one in four or five chance that happens.

If Nate wont restructure he`s gone.
Excited about Alex! This is his year....c'mon baby - you owe us!!
Originally posted by 1152:

he finally has a good coach i think this is the year

we need a goddamn pass D lets get us a CB in FA
Originally posted by 1152:

he finally has a good coach i think this is the year

By all accounts, isn't TOMORROW the day that we can sign our FAs? At 7 a.m.?
Share 49ersWebzone