Training Camp 2011-2012

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's not burgers it's corn dogs... noob

Touche....

and im a veteran! cuz it says so! lol
[ Edited by whiskywarlord on Aug 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Well there is two parties and arguing is why this thread keeps growing.

Anyone who mentions a con of AS gets ganged up on and insulted..? is that right ?

No dude, if you don't like Alex that is fine and dandy. I actually understand why people feel the way they do. Just don't come on here and make it seem like it's a bad thing to root for our starting QB. You seem to do things a lot just to get a reaction and you even admitted it last page. I'm guilty of the same, I've done it to you but I only do that in response to your constant negative attitude around here.

I have seen many people here admit Alex still has work to do. His 3rd% has to improve, his redzone % needs to improve. Me personally I could even say he needs to start taking more chances. Alex takes the safe way out on many occasions, and he needs to start letting it rip. See I have no problem admitting Alex has flaws in his game at the moment. But I do not blame Alex for all these mistakes, if you do again that's your rightful opinion. But the difference is you do nothing but trash the guy around every corner. I have yet to see you post one positive thing about Alex. I don't understand why you can do that? I mean if Harbaugh wanted him back then theres obviously some good things he does right? We made it to the NFCC, and the QB touches the ball more than any other player. His stats aren't amazing but they aren't awful. Keep in mind he also threw the ball less than any QB in the league. To expect Alex to have dynamite stats while throwing 26 times a game is completely unfair.

The guy may not be Joe Montana, but he's not the worst QB in the world either. Right now he's probably about middle of the pack in the current NFL. Thing is everything you read or hear about the guy he's improving. It's been a slow incline but he's improved every single year. Right now he is not great, but at the same time it's not the end of the world. With our defense we don't need an explosive offense. What we do need is to keep drives alive, take more time off the clock, and put up 4 more points.

Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Anyone who mentions a con of AS gets ganged up on and insulted..? is that right ?

No dude, if you don't like Alex that is fine and dandy. I actually understand why people feel the way they do. Just don't come on here and make it seem like it's a bad thing to root for our starting QB. You seem to do things a lot just to get a reaction and you even admitted it last page. I'm guilty of the same, I've done it to you but I only do that in response to your constant negative attitude around here.

I have seen many people here admit Alex still has work to do. His 3rd% has to improve, his redzone % needs to improve. Me personally I could even say he needs to start taking more chances. Alex takes the safe way out on many occasions, and he needs to start letting it rip. See I have no problem admitting Alex has flaws in his game at the moment. But I do not blame Alex for all these mistakes, if you do again that's your rightful opinion. But the difference is you do nothing but trash the guy around every corner. I have yet to see you post one positive thing about Alex. I don't understand why you can do that? I mean if Harbaugh wanted him back then theres obviously some good things he does right? We made it to the NFCC, and the QB touches the ball more than any other player. His stats aren't amazing but they aren't awful. Keep in mind he also threw the ball less than any QB in the league. To expect Alex to have dynamite stats while throwing 26 times a game is completely unfair.

The guy may not be Joe Montana, but he's not the worst QB in the world either. Right now he's probably about middle of the pack in the current NFL. Thing is everything you read or hear about the guy he's improving. It's been a slow incline but he's improved every single year. Right now he is not great, but at the same time it's not the end of the world. With our defense we don't need an explosive offense. What we do need is to keep drives alive, take more time off the clock, and put up 4 more points.

This is why i keep coming back here, nice post!
I've posted my facts to my opinions in the pages back and didn't get real answers...probably because this back and fourth keeps going on over and over.

for the Record im not a AS hater..

There's not always a clear cut answer, and sometimes we get answers we dont like. Like they say, if you want better answers, ask better questions-

I dont think your a hater, your just not the kinda guy that would piss on alex smith if he was on fire?
Originally posted by whiskywarlord:
I've posted my facts to my opinions in the pages back and didn't get real answers...probably because this back and fourth keeps going on over and over.

There's not always a clear cut answer, and sometimes we get answers we dont like. Like they say, if you want better answers, ask better questions-

I dont think your a hater, your just not the kinda guy that would piss on alex smith if he was on fire?
lol, nice post

lol, nice post

Thank you sir! Its nice to have time to come on here and BS about AS and talk niner football with my internet pals

No, you are incorrect. This is what you guys are turning it into, when there is no need for it.

What this thread should do is focus on what he needs to do or is doing right now, to lead this team. If he does something well, come in the thread and state it. If he jacks something up, come in this thread and state it. Nobody will have a problem with this. What they have a problem with is bringing up 5 year old situations as relevant. (And that goes both ways, good and bad).

There are some posters who talk about today. There are some that want to bring up old s**t. There are some who cannot let go of the past and harp on it constantly. Alex Smith is the QB of the San Francisco 49ers, so people want to discuss him. Because of this, some posters will support him endlessly. He is the QB of their favorite team, that is understandable. So lets discuss him today. But quit trying to divide sides. You don't need to be pro or against him. If you cannot talk about relevant situations, or cannot bring yourself to forget about old stuff that happened, stay out of the thread. Also, if during preseason, training camp or the season he messes something up, do not come in here if you cannot let people acknowledge he made a mistake. We do that with other players, the same rules apply for him.
Listen, if you went into a Mcdonalds, and said "Hey everybody, Mcdonalds sucks and that clowns a b*****d..." or something along those lines,some ppl like mcdonalds, some may not like Mcdonalds food all that much, they might down right hate it! but, hey its food and thats where there eating.

Fact is, your probably not gettin out of there with out a bic mac up the ass, ya know what i mean?

Its kinda like this thread, just enjoy your burger man

Please post more.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

No, you are incorrect. This is what you guys are turning it into, when there is no need for it.

What this thread should do is focus on what he needs to do or is doing right now, to lead this team. If he does something well, come in the thread and state it. If he jacks something up, come in this thread and state it. Nobody will have a problem with this. What they have a problem with is bringing up 5 year old situations as relevant. (And that goes both ways, good and bad).

There are some posters who talk about today. There are some that want to bring up old s**t. There are some who cannot let go of the past and harp on it constantly. Alex Smith is the QB of the San Francisco 49ers, so people want to discuss him. Because of this, some posters will support him endlessly. He is the QB of their favorite team, that is understandable. So lets discuss him today. But quit trying to divide sides. You don't need to be pro or against him. If you cannot talk about relevant situations, or cannot bring yourself to forget about old stuff that happened, stay out of the thread. Also, if during preseason, training camp or the season he messes something up, do not come in here if you cannot let people acknowledge he made a mistake. We do that with other players, the same rules apply for him.

I click on this thread to read AS stuff..and when i do there's a disagreement

and now I'm the bad guy just for talking about it?

some how im a troll and a hater for asking a simple question that didn't even bash AS and if some says it's because what i reply on peoples post it is because that was what i received and it's what i see here.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

some how im a troll and a hater for asking a simple question that didn't even bash AS and if some says it's because what i reply on peoples post it is because that was what i received and it's what i see here.

Again, you're missing the point.

Feel free to comment on the guy, good or bad. But don't base your (mostly) "con" argument on the past which you normally do. THIS is a new year and go from there. You have doubts about the guy? Hell, most of us do but try and see the other side of the argument once in a while.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:thats easy...but can you knock AS for anything....

you are right, I mistaked posts like the above for bashing him. You probably were just kidding.

Not picking on you bro, there are a lot of people who just come to bash him. My point is lets just quit picking sides and talk about AS today, good or bad. Quit bringing up old s**t. That includes bad coaching, excuses, poor performance, a good game he had in 1943...etc. Just isn't relevant.

AS is the QB of the team. He is not Tom Brady, but he isn't David Carr either. He is a guy who seemed to put some stuff together last year, and shows the ability to improve. His coach backs him, some posters back him, and I will back him. Doesn't mean I cant knock him when he messes up either.

Go Niners. And that warlords dudes post above was funny.

I try to only get into arguments i know i can win, you have come off as a little snide, coming from me someone who understands there is grey area and both sides of this argument can be kind of annoying at times, your fighting a losing battle. A lot of people here cant understand criticism of AS and a few ppl here cant understand compliments given to him. He has come such a long way its like watching a brother or Son, come through a rough time and finally acheive some success. ASo you have to understand people are going to be touchy on the supportive side of this argument, they have a right to be.

Just as people who feel they have had to put up with shaky QB play and even worse organizational skills by Coaches and FO people, can be emotional when they are being critical.

So you are not wrong for being critical, your just going at it with a bunch of people who want to be rid of people who are critical in a sort of cheeky and sarcastic way sometimes. Just bring forth your real criticisms, and let it ride when someone responds directly to the character of your posts, because you dont want to dig a deep hole for yourself, this can be a fun forum to be a part of man.

Im not coming at you for doing anything specific either, just dont want you to get tripped up by making people around here mad, then they wont be as likely to listen when you have serious critiques or compliments of his play.
[ Edited by jcashen87 on Aug 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM ]
I would guess most of us are... He needs to improve his 3rd down conversion along with the whole team offense. How is this even argued about is just amazing. Unless your contention is that Smith has to convert 3rd downs all by himself in a team game of football. Which is ridiculous on a whole new level.

Well, third down is considered the passing down and he's the QB...

Its not like he's had one or two bad years on third while under center. His whole career has been crap on third down. Why? I'm not sure. OLineman and WRs have come and gone, yet the third down deficiencies are still there. Id have to guess its because when its third down, which is considered a passing down, defenses drop coverage and bring the heat, forcing Smith to make a quick decision. This has been one of his criticisms in the past and present. Lets hope this will change this year.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I would guess most of us are... He needs to improve his 3rd down conversion along with the whole team offense. How is this even argued about is just amazing. Unless your contention is that Smith has to convert 3rd downs all by himself in a team game of football. Which is ridiculous on a whole new level.

Well, third down is considered the passing down and he's the QB...

Its not like he's had one or two bad years on third while under center. His whole career has been crap on third down. Why? I'm not sure. OLineman and WRs have come and gone, yet the third down deficiencies are still there. Id have to guess its because when its third down, which is considered a passing down, defenses drop coverage and bring the heat, forcing Smith to make a quick decision. This has been one of his criticisms in the past and present. Lets hope this will change this year.

True, but for at least the Singletary/Raye years, first and second downs were runs up the middle for little or no gain, coupled with false start penalties sprinkled in between and that left us in a lot of third and long situations. And third and long is difficult for most qbs to convert.
An
Originally posted by jcashen87:

I try to only get into arguments i know i can win, you have come off as a little snide, coming from me someone who understands there is grey area and both sides of this argument can be kind of annoying at times, your fighting a losing battle. A lot of people here cant understand criticism of AS and a few ppl here cant understand compliments given to him. He has come such a long way its like watching a brother or Son, come through a rough time and finally acheive some success. ASo you have to understand people are going to be touchy on the supportive side of this argument, they have a right to be.

Just as people who feel they have had to put up with shaky QB play and even worse organizational skills by Coaches and FO people, can be emotional when they are being critical.

So you are not wrong for being critical, your just going at it with a bunch of people who want to be rid of people who are critical in a sort of cheeky and sarcastic way sometimes. Just bring forth your real criticisms, and let it ride when someone responds directly to the character of your posts, because you dont want to dig a deep hole for yourself, this can be a fun forum to be a part of man.

Im not coming at you for doing anything specific either, just dont want you to get tripped up by making people around here mad, then they wont be as likely to listen when you have serious critiques or compliments of his play.

And likely, when someone responds to your post with a one liner like " yeah but whats his 3rd down ratio..lulz...." ppl usaully arent trying to have a convo with you, so dont be that guy either

Im getting so stoked for this game!!!!! Yeah baby