There are 296 users in the forums

Training Camp 2011-2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
T.O.= high mileage with a salvage title and dont pass smog
Moss= high mileage with clean title and passes smog with flying colors
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Exactly. Moss really impressed me in his interview, I got nothing but more respect for what he said after that. I really hope he has a good finish to his career here in San Francisco. I think this was a very good fit for him here, honestly didn't think he would be this impressive at this point in the season. I thought he was gonna be a lame duck like how he was in Oakland. Hopefully he has a good year and we re-sign him for 2-3 more years.

or we could win the super bow. Moss retires on top. we got one very nice year out of issac bruce then a not so good year. I am thinking we get our one good year from moss and then maybe turn it over to the kid(jenkins)
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I agree but ther will be that new level uv excitment ther. Like dam we better be on the top. Uv our game. I love it shoot we may have slept on seattle before but for sure we won't now
this team under this coach has never and will never "sleep" on anyone

And dude.... You can't spell OF or therE right? Wtf are you 13?

What's ur piont I didn't know this sight was only 4 gud spellerzzzz..lol wow. Wtf r u just a lame that likes to sit there and feel tuff online. Ill be at the lions game then you can come school me tuff guy...and go fix ur own s**t cuzz. and dude.... is not a sentence and when I was in school u only need one period and if your putting thirteen in a sentence you spell it. Dumb a...

nobody is asking you to have perfect grammar, if I was I would have pointed out the half dozen other mistakes you made or the two dozen mistakes you made in the last post. If you want to talk like that then fine, but it lessens your credibility. Right now you sound like a lazy ignorant 13 year old douche who doesnt know what he's talking about.
I agree but ther will be that new level uv excitment ther. Like dam we better be on the top. Uv our game. I love it shoot we may have slept on seattle before but for sure we won't now

What's ur piont I didn't know this sight was only 4 gud spellerzzzz..lol wow. Wtf r u just a lame that likes to sit there and feel tuff online. Ill be at the lions game then you can come school me tuff guy...and go fix ur own s**t cuzz. and dude.... is not a sentence and when I was in school u only need one period and if your putting thirteen in a sentence you spell it. Dumb a...

nobody is asking you to have perfect grammar, if I was I would have pointed out the half dozen other mistakes you made or the two dozen mistakes you made in the last post. If you want to talk like that then fine, but it lessens your credibility. Right now you sound like a lazy ignorant 13 year old douche who doesnt know what he's talking about.
why do you feel the need to talk s..t. its not like you even responded to what I said. Man I don't get it. But I'm not going to argue about it. Have a gr8 day. My bad for letting u even get to me.
  • mod
  • Veteran

why do you feel the need to talk s..t. its not like you even responded to what I said. Man I don't get it. But I'm not going to argue about it. Have a gr8 day. My bad for letting u even get to me.

I feel the need to talk s**t because I disagree with you and side with CC, I dont think Harbaugh and the team have ever slept on Seattle.

And your writing style ticks me off.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I feel the need to talk s**t because I disagree with you and side with CC, I dont think Harbaugh and the team have ever slept on Seattle.

And your writing style ticks me off.
i think he is trying to sound like a thug which is supposed to sound cool you are right mod... unlike the last two coaches i am pretty sure this team will always be ready to play and will never take anyone for granted, esp a divisional team. Remember back in the day esp under Mike S,, when we played on the road we almost knew we would get blown out cuz they were not ready to play. grrrr

I hate when it when 13 year old white kids get ahold of daddys laptop.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

I hate when people talk s..t online.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

I hate when people talk s..t online.

Check your updated warning level. Don't tell someone to meet you at the lions game again.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Look, Smith isn't perfect. When he's under center, we are historically terrible at third downs. Its something he can improve on.

Agreed as to the bolded. This better be the year we improve in this area.

949er...you are typically one of the more unbiased posters around here. Curious why it was hard for you to bold the middle sentence of Y2R's post too.....you know....seeing as how thats an absolute fact as well.

I was under the impression that until last season, Smith was one of the top QBs in the redzone.. I think that has been posted quite often and far from an absolute. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by HomerJ:

Look, Smith isn't perfect. When he's under center, we are historically terrible at third downs. Its something he can improve on.

949er...you are typically one of the more unbiased posters around here. Curious why it was hard for you to bold the middle sentence of Y2R's post too.....you know....seeing as how thats an absolute fact as well.

I was under the impression that until last season, Smith was one of the top QBs in the redzone.. I think that has been posted quite often and far from an absolute. Am I wrong?

Not wrong. Two years ago, Alex was in the top 5 QBs in the redzone (think it was 2nd best, but not certain of that).

Alex has thrown 29 touchdowns to just one interception inside the red zone over the course of the last three seasons.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Not wrong. Two years ago, Alex was in the top 5 QBs in the redzone (think it was 2nd best, but not certain of that).

Alex has thrown 29 touchdowns to just one interception inside the red zone over the course of the last three seasons.

I remember that year. That was also the year he got benched, right?
[ Edited by D_Niner on Aug 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM ]

He has traditionally been great in the red zone, but the points made were about third down.
  • Jiks

He has traditionally been great in the red zone, but the points made were about third down.

It's something as a team we can and must improve on. There are so many reasons why we struggled on 3rd down that I can think of. Missing/not making throws, WR's running short routes(never understood this), penalties leaving us with 3rd and long, and also questionable play calling. I can think of quite a few times that we ran the ball on third down and were stopped short. To me that was one of very few coaching aspects I would/could really question about Harbaugh and Roman. To me it was going back to the Singletary days, and knowing exactly what we were going to do. Just going back the the 2 point conversion against the Saints. The play was snuffed out before it even happened I believe. It was very predictable and it seemed to hardly ever work.

I just really hope that being able to practice this, getting more repetitious with it, solves this issue. I see no reason why we should struggle this year. We have talent at every position. We have had a full offseason to fix these things so there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't get more t.d.'s and bring that percentage up a decent amount. I'll be completely honest, If Alex can't improve in this area, and we keep kicking field goals, then its definitely time to move on. No ifs and or buts. Truth be told I just don't see that happening but you never know. I guess that's why these next couple of games are very important for Kaep., Tolzien(greatest since sivaD N), and Johnson. T.B.H I don't really have a clue what any of these guys possess, gonna be fun to watch though.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
It's something as a team we can and must improve on. There are so many reasons why we struggled on 3rd down that I can think of. Missing/not making throws, WR's running short routes(never understood this), penalties leaving us with 3rd and long, and also questionable play calling. I can think of quite a few times that we ran the ball on third down and were stopped short. To me that was one of very few coaching aspects I would/could really question about Harbaugh and Roman. To me it was going back to the Singletary days, and knowing exactly what we were going to do. Just going back the the 2 point conversion against the Saints. The play was snuffed out before it even happened I believe. It was very predictable and it seemed to hardly ever work.

Good Post! Two keys you have listed:

1) receivers were unable to get position to run routes to the first down line...allowed defenders to dominate.
2) play calling was very predictable and unimaginative. Running on first and second downs and then having to pass or run again. Very conservative...and if it hadn't led to a playoff season I would be very critical!
Share 49ersWebzone