There are 146 users in the forums

Training Camp 2011-2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think there are alot of us who simply do not care and are not worried about owens and if he struggles alot of us will not waste any time and energy with him. I am more concerned with our team and what we do as compared to an ex niner who means nothing to us as we move forward

People are already doing this what are you talking about. Im sure if he struggles people will come out full force, unless he does good, then they will ACT like they dont care.
yup...and if he does good against us, like I wrote earlier, those same people will lash out on our defense or offense...instead of giving credit to a future HOFer.

you'll see comments like.. "GOD DAMNIT *insert 9er Player*, you let a 38 year old school you!!!" CUT HIM!

It will probably be Goldson.
"You know, we always told to choose, but I don't have to choose."
-Rod Woodson
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
What's ur piont I didn't know this sight was only 4 gud spellerzzzz..lol wow. Wtf r u just a lame that likes to sit there and feel tuff online. Ill be at the lions game then you can come school me tuff guy...and go fix ur own s**t cuzz. and dude.... is not a sentence and when I was in school u only need one period and if your putting thirteen in a sentence you spell it. Dumb a...

possible short life on the webzone for 500 please alex
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I was trying to search for some threads and couldn't find any ...Curious to see what you had to say...

Here is a small example... going back to the preseason game vs the Saints.... It's from another site that I did this, so it isn't formatted all pertty...

[u]1st quarter OFFENSE[/u]

1st and 10 at SF 20 A.Smith pass incomplete short middle to V.Davis.

[b]* 3 second throw... OL held up ok, good pick-up block Gore... short throw was low to VD on a drag[/b]

2nd and 10 at SF 20 F.Gore left guard to SF 23 for 3 yards (M.Jenkins; S.Shanle).

[b]*AD didn't reach LDE in time for block, ended up being in Iupati's way on the pull block... LBs recognized and filled very quickly[/b]

3rd and 7 at SF 23 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right [W.Smith]. NO#91 W.Smith's hit on QB led to the ball bouncing forward, where it was picked up NO#41 R. Harper, who returned 31 yards to the endzone for an apparent TOUCHDOWN. The play was ruled as an INCOMPLETE PASS.

[b]*Staley beaten on subtle inside move from RDE... Joe expected Iupati to help inside, but Mike blocked down on the RDT. Scheme shows that OL were to block left... meaning even Rachal was to block the LDT so that Snyder at OC could block the RDT...which now makes more sense that Staley was correct in his admonishment of Iupati.[/b]

4th and 7 at SF 23 A.Lee punts 53 yards to NO 24, Center-B.Jennings. J.Morgan to NO 33 for 9 yards (L.Grant)

1st and 10 at SF 8 F.Gore right guard to SF 13 for 5 yards (R.Harper; S.Ellis).

[b]all did a good job blocking... deceptive play pulled the LBs left and Gore made a nice cutback to the other side.[/b]

2nd and 5 at SF 13 A.Smith sacked at SF 7 for -6 yards (R.Harper). FUMBLES (R.Harper), recovered by SF-A.Snyder at SF 7. A.Snyder to SF 7 for no gain (S.Ellis).
Timeout #1 by SF at 10:54.

[b]*Gore misses block on LDE (who looks to have blocked the view of Alex).... free rush around blind side in 3 seconds.[/b]

3rd and 11 at SF 7 (Shotgun) F.Gore up the middle to SF 14 for 7 yards (J.Vilma).

[b]*LBs come in on the snap for run blitz.... good run blocking from all but AD[/b]

4th and 4 at SF 14 A.Lee punts 62 yards to NO 24, Center-B.Jennings. J.Morgan to NO 45 for 21 yards (C.Spillman).

1st and 10 at SF 12 F.Gore right guard to SF 17 for 5 yards (S.Rogers).

[b]*Staley clears out RDE well... Iupati pulls and blocks incoming LOLB... Snyder does enough to keep RDT away... Rachal uses LDTs momentum against him, good job... AD hits 2nd level, does nothing... VD occupies LDE long enough... Norris runs into VD and falls down on his face[/b]

2nd and 5 at SF 17 A.Smith pass incomplete short right to V.Davis (M.Jenkins).

[b]*low snap... 2.8 second pass... OL collapsed quickly, but did just enough... most notable fail was between Snyder and RDT, who left anything but a clean pocket for throws. AD did well in pushing LDE wide of QB and then flopping on his back... props to Rachal for sustaining enough of LDTs charge (Rogers)... Dixon picked up outside rusher (safety)... Iupati and Staley did enough vs the RDE and blitz OLB... throw to VD was high (needed to be from tight coverage), and just batted from in front of his hands by the safety.[/b]

3rd and 5 at SF 17 (Shotgun) A.Smith sacked at SF 13 for -4 yards (W.Smith).

[b]*blocks were all adequate except for AD's vs the LDE. Should have been a false start, and AD still couldn't contain the outside rush. Showed zero power in pushing Will Smith wide..[/b]

4th and 9 at SF 13 A.Lee punts 46 yards to NO 41, Center-B.Jennings. J.Morgan to NO 41 for no gain (N.Bowman).

1st and 10 at SF 13 A.Dixon right tackle to SF 14 for 1 yard (J.Greer).

[b]*AD missed either defender, looked lost. All other OL aside from Rachal just didn't get much push at all... Rachal showed good power in knocking over the LDT and pushing the pile more.[/b]

2nd and 9 at SF 14 A.Smith pass incomplete short right to D.Walker [R.Harper].

[b]*2.9 second deep pass.. free rush safety outside on right... All OL did well enough except Staley, who lost far too much ground vs the RDE (almost into QB)... Norris shifts out to WR... WTF?!? Don't know what happened, but maybe DWalker was held up on the route... or just ran the wrong route... VD was streaking close by and had good separation... He's gotta be pissed at his QB right about now.[/b]

3rd and 9 at SF 14 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to B.Edwards.

[b]*3 second throw... no pressure worth mentioning... slant throw was about a foot behind where it could have been caught. (it was slightly catchable, but it would have been unrealistic to expect any receiver to get that one)[/b]

4th and 9 at SF 14 A.Lee punts 50 yards to NO 36, Center-B.Jennings. J.Morgan to NO 36 for no gain (K.Kristick).

1st and 10 at SF 13 A.Dixon left end to SF 15 for 2 yards (T.Johnson).

[b]*good pull block Staley and lead Norris... just a great recognition and hustle from RDT... wish Iupati could have kept him busier.[/b]

2nd and 8 at SF 15 A.Smith pass short left to B.Edwards to SF 27 for 12 yards (Tru.McBride). Pass 8, YAC 4

[b]*Yay! 2 second throw and completion on slant to Braylon. No major issues to speak of. We're on fire now !!![/b]

1st and 10 at SF 27 A.Dixon left guard to SF 30 for 3 yards (J.Dunbar; S.Miller).

[b]*can't comment... my recording skipped for a second.[/b]

2nd and 7 at SF 30 A.Dixon right guard to SF 29 for -1 yards (Turk.McBride; S.Miller).

[b]*total OL fail from OC to RT... center missed the LDT who nearly tackled Dixon right after handoff... Rachal hesitated on his pull block because of that... AD just fell down at someone's feet... Dwalker did fine till he altogether stopped blocking on the play... Dixon gave up on the run direction designed after the near tackle by LDT... just a mess, thanks Snyder![/b]

[b]End of Period
[/b]

Now that was 3 plays where some criticism went to Alex.. and that's in just one quarter.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
-Rod Woodson
off topic. i wonder why he was so terrible for us when we signed him. Remember he and kevin greene were the last of the big name free agents the franchise would sign, greene was ok but woodson was bad. at least that is the way i recall ,it was 1997ish
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Randy Moss!!!

Don't get me wrong I'm still a huge TO fan, but he has too much baggage at this time and Moss is three years younger.
-Rod Woodson
off topic. i wonder why he was so terrible for us when we signed him. Remember he and kevin greene were the last of the big name free agents the franchise would sign, greene was ok but woodson was bad. at least that is the way i recall ,it was 1997ish
I forget...but I think we still had him playing CB right? the Ravens had him playing Safety.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Randy Moss!!!

Don't get me wrong I'm still a huge TO fan, but he has too much baggage at this time and Moss is three years younger.

and not coming off major surgery. moss has a big chip on his shoulder, he does not want his legacy to be defined by the last terrible season he had in the nfl.. plus moss is in a much better and stable situation team wise
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I forget...but I think we still had him playing CB right? the Ravens had him playing Safety.
not sure. you are probably right

Niners had Woodson at CB... Ravens had him at CB his first year.. then moved him to safety.
What's ur piont I didn't know this sight was only 4 gud spellerzzzz..lol wow. Wtf r u just a lame that likes to sit there and feel tuff online. Ill be at the lions game then you can come school me tuff guy...and go fix ur own s**t cuzz. and dude.... is not a sentence and when I was in school u only need one period and if your putting thirteen in a sentence you spell it. Dumb a...

possible short life on the webzone for 500 please alex
realy 4 what defending myself?

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Niners had Woodson at CB... Ravens had him at CB his first year.. then moved him to safety.

He had 3 INTs in one game against the Saints that year and didn't do much else. Him and Marquez Pope started the season but injuries to both had us stuck with Antonio Langham, Mark McMillan and Darnell Walker for the majority of '97. Pope returned in the playoffs but wasn't 100% and got absolutely ripped by Fave & Co..... Man speaking of Terrell Owens and 1997, that was the year I remember saying to myself "This kid is gonna be special"
[ Edited by SaksV on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Randy Moss!!!

and not coming off major surgery. moss has a big chip on his shoulder, he does not want his legacy to be defined by the last terrible season he had in the nfl.. plus moss is in a much better and stable situation team wise

Exactly. Moss really impressed me in his interview, I got nothing but more respect for what he said after that. I really hope he has a good finish to his career here in San Francisco. I think this was a very good fit for him here, honestly didn't think he would be this impressive at this point in the season. I thought he was gonna be a lame duck like how he was in Oakland. Hopefully he has a good year and we re-sign him for 2-3 more years.
Randy Moss of course. Moss is younger, faster and taller. Plus, he has been with the team since March. TO was like a last minute signing for the Seahags who realized their WR core wasn't where they wanted it to be. Moss will probably get doubled, but he will still burn secondaries, and be a big target for Alex in the redzone. Osprey are still trying to establish their identity, pounding the rock or flying with flynn. Ringless seachickens may go 3rd or even last in the division. Flynn may be decent, but not the same Flynn who had that great Packer offense on the field with him. I see Rams being a surprise team, Bradford is someone to watch out for.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Look, Smith isn't perfect. When he's under center, we are historically terrible at third downs. Its something he can improve on.

Agreed as to the bolded. This better be the year we improve in this area.

949er...you are typically one of the more unbiased posters around here. Curious why it was hard for you to bold the middle sentence of Y2R's post too.....you know....seeing as how thats an absolute fact as well.

I originally bolded all of it. Then realized that I was not comfortable with the broad generalization in sentence two and was too lazy to dig up the specific stats that we were all discussing some weeks back. I also do agree that the team has been bad at third downs with Smith, but don't think that is all him (for example, running for 2 on 3rd and 8). So, in sum, I didn't want to blindly agree with it like I did the other two points.
Obvi no team could or would want both T.O. and Moss. So who would you rather have?

Moss! He is younger! We may be lucky enough to get more than one season from him. Moss has better hands also
Share 49ersWebzone