There are 317 users in the forums

Gore and Hunter as receivers this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore enters the 1000/1000 club next year.

Probably not, but it would be awesome.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Maybe someday our wide receivers will lead our offense in receptions.

One can only hope.....
i can't point to many rb in this league that have been consistently better both running and receiving than our very own frank gore. this guy is probably the best back for my money not named adrian peterson when you consider all phases of his job description. he is very football savvy has excellent vision and feel for the game and is as sure handed a tailback that this league offers in addition to being clutch. like others have said he just has to make a full season and he will catch 75 balls while avg 5ypc onc again.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by PiratePete:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
I'll go with 45-50 for Gore and 15-20 for Hunter

Gore had 46 rec and 52 rec the past 2 years. He said he expects to get more not stay the same.

He also needs to stay healthy

He caught 46 balls in only 11 GS last season.

exactly he needs to stay healthy, gore also said he would run for 2k yards a couple seasons ago.....athletes say alot of things......if he does catch 80 or so balls this year we will be in good shape!

Sure he said that, but that was more of an individual goal he set. Harbaugh throwing to Gore more is a fact. It is going to happen, its the WCO.

Now if you want to jinx our Boy and say he will never get 70 rec becuase he wont stay healthy, Then thats ok. But I believe he will greatly benefit from not being used like a battering ram. Use scheme to open up lanes, not brut force. That just wrecks everyones bodies. I believe the change in scheme will take a huge load off of Gore and help preserve his body.

Gore 35 Catches
Dixon/Hunter: 25 Catches
I really hope you are being sarcastic.
49ers | Frank Gore expects to get more receptions
Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:33:31 -0700

San Francisco 49ers RB Frank Gore said he expects to have more receptions this season because head coach Jim Harbaugh wants to get him more into the open field instead of facing eight- or nine-man fronts.

Source: SI.com - Jonathan Jones

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1SNxRWIWR

What kind of total would you put on Gore and Hunter`s receptions this year. I remember backs like Watters and Garner catching a ton of balls out of the backfield in our WCO. Gore is already a very good receiver who is sure handed. Swinging Gore/Hunter outside instantly makes us less predictable and it puts both RBs in open space to make plays. Especially with a kid like Hunter who dominates in open space.

So what do you think?
Gore 70 rec
Hunter 35 rec
total rec out of the backfield 100+

Thats doable-although any higher then I think the rushing attempts will go down.
Originally posted by Snider8706:

One can only hope.....

...THIS.....
This is pretty obvious since Alex Smith will be throwing and throwing a lot under Harbaugh and Frank Gore is his favorite target. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gore joins the 1000,1000 club this year. He was on pace to being close to achieving that feat last year
Hunter as our "Change of Pace Back" and to spell Frank.

Gore had 46 rec and 52 rec the past 2 years. He said he expects to get more not stay the same.

exactly he needs to stay healthy, gore also said he would run for 2k yards a couple seasons ago.....athletes say alot of things......if he does catch 80 or so balls this year we will be in good shape!

Sure he said that, but that was more of an individual goal he set. Harbaugh throwing to Gore more is a fact. It is going to happen, its the WCO.

Now if you want to jinx our Boy and say he will never get 70 rec becuase he wont stay healthy, Then thats ok. But I believe he will greatly benefit from not being used like a battering ram. Use scheme to open up lanes, not brut force. That just wrecks everyones bodies. I believe the change in scheme will take a huge load off of Gore and help preserve his body.

No. It is not.

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

No. It is not.

If we run the WCO it sure is. RBs catching passes out of the backfield is a staple of the WCO.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
This is pretty obvious since Alex Smith will be throwing and throwing a lot under Harbaugh and Frank Gore is his favorite target. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Gore joins the 1000,1000 club this year. He was on pace to being close to achieving that feat last year

Favorite RB target...But id say his favorite all aound target would definatly be Vernon Davis....
Originally posted by 49ersrgolden:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

Favorite RB target...But id say his favorite all aound target would definatly be Vernon Davis....

He's completed many more passes to Frank thus far in his car
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Snider8706:

One can only hope.....

Well last year VD lead our team with 56 rec and Crabs had 55 rec last year. Almost!!!
Share 49ersWebzone