LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Bob Padecky: worst beat writer?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
And the tradition of hating on anything new continues.

I liked Branch from the start, and I was cool with Barber before his family situation moved him off the beat. Padecky is just lazy. He writes mini-columns w/no investigation. We don't need another Cohn Zone (don't need the first one, IMO).
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
I like you more than most new posters, but you just went full noob on us.

you never go full noob
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Padecky has been a Press Democrat columnist for many years. Hopefully he's just keeping the seat warm until they find a permanent replacement for Branch.

That's my hope, too. I just stopped reading the PD and started reading SFGate again. I can usually tell if Lynch wrote the blog if there are three errors in the first couple of sentences, so I can focus on reding posts by Branch.
Originally posted by jrg:

you never go full noob

you have so many post it's scary.
I have been ignoring any links to the PD since Padecky took over. Does that answer the question?...
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by jrg:

you never go full noob

you have so many post it's scary.

It's like you have a sweatshop posting for you.
mattbarrows
While bailing a rowboat this morning, I looked into the water and said, 'Hey, some idiot's blackberry is at the bottom of the cove! A quick check of my pockets revealed who the idiot was. If you need to get a hold of me, email is the best bet.
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows
While bailing a rowboat this morning, I looked into the water and said, 'Hey, some idiot's blackberry is at the bottom of the cove! A quick check of my pockets revealed who the idiot was. If you need to get a hold of me, email is the best bet.

LOL... See... Now that's why the SacBee is the first link I always open.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wait till the season to judge him.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
mattbarrows

Yeah, Bee-rows is funny as hell, and he backs it up w/ good story ideas, league/team contacts, and interviews (you know, reporting). He and Branch are my favorites these days.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
mattbarrows

Yeah, Bee-rows is funny as hell, and he backs it up w/ good story ideas, league/team contacts, and interviews (you know, reporting). He and Branch are my favorites these days.

Completely agreed. Branch ascended to 2nd place very quickly. I miss the old Maiocco, but do appreciate the behind-the-scenes videos and interviews that we don't seem to get from any of the other guys.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
mattbarrows

Completely agreed. Branch ascended to 2nd place very quickly. I miss the old Maiocco, but do appreciate the behind-the-scenes videos and interviews that we don't seem to get from any of the other guys.

I think MM had to sell his soul to get that behind-the-scenes access. I can see Jed York at his desk w/a Veto stamp for all of Maiocco's stories.
mattbarrows

I remember reading Padecky waaay back in the day, growing up in the Bay. And I see the faults that have been pointed out. from no fresh news and opinion pieces to major grammatical and spelling errors, he has definitely lost a step. the PD it seems was just hiring a "name" to try to keep up after a string of hot beat writers starting with Michael Silver...(80's and 90's PD readers will remember Silver went straight to Sports Illustrated). Padecky needs to step up his game to the Net, this aint due at 3 AM like it was bag at the Rag... its due NOW when it comes to media today.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who the f**k is Bob Padecky?
Share 49ersWebzone