There are 283 users in the forums

The Official Harbaugh Era QB competition!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm back on the Alex bandwagon btw. Jumped off of it back with Martz, but I think the tide has finally turned in his direction.

You put Phillip Rivers in this offense and I really think it's top 5. I don't expect that kind out of offense from Alex but I do think he's more than respectable. Flacco or Cassel esque numbers. 3,700 yards 26 TDs 14 picks. Top 6 in the NFC and easily coasting thru the division.
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Alex has a legit shot to succed for several reasons
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

Exactly. I expect Alex to finish the season with 100+ QB rating, anything less is a disappointment
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
Bayless is a moron. Kap is a 4 year starter an established passer. Lets not forget Vince Young was suppose to enter the draft as a WR before he won the national championship and his hype exploded.[/b]

You're thinking of Selvin Young, Vince was always a QB and battled Chance Mock for playing time before taking over cause of his athleticism.

At a certain point in time, there were mocks and a few GMs looking at Vince Young as a WR prospect going into the draft because his arm and overall passing skills werent up to par. After he won, no one really asked questions anymore..
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

Exactly. I expect Alex to finish the season with 100+ QB rating, anything less is a disappointment

didn't manning have like a 92 last year? lol
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

Yep... and Alex had a 91 down the stretch.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

3 1/2 games with one of them being a glorified preseason game is just irrelvant. I'll take what he did the rest of the season opposed to that 91 down the stretch.

I'm geeked about him this year, but there's no justifying his play last year. It was below adequate anyway you break it down.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 6, 2011 at 7:41 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

3 1/2 games with one of them being a glorified preseason game is just irrelvant. I'll take what he did the rest of the season opposed to that 91 down the stretch.

I'm geeked about him this year, but there's no justifying his play last year. It was below adequate anyway you break it down.

really last 7 games, 11 td's 3 ints. best qb in our division, not to mention only behind rogers in nfl. dont know what u watched. ok he didnt win games. the d didnt make it easy for him... iether way hell be fine. the fans wont new offense short time period theyll boo him on one bad throw regardless.

put him in sanchez position hed be just as good as average ass sanchez with that d. s**t knbr said he was better than dilfer in 2000.
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 6, 2011 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Is he a 49er hater or something?

This is Skip Bayless...are you suffering from amnesia?

how does he hate the niners though? he did say that he loves jim harbaugh.

he also praises bill walsh for creating the leagues greatest passing system in the wco
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 6, 2011 at 8:15 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran

This tool, and the words from his mouth, do not matter. Why?
Because he is a total f**ktard.
Originally posted by fan49:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

really last 7 games, 11 td's 3 ints. best qb in our division, not to mention only behind rogers in nfl. dont know what u watched. ok he didnt win games. the d didnt make it easy for him... iether way hell be fine. the fans wont new offense short time period theyll boo him on one bad throw regardless.

put him in sanchez position hed be just as good as average ass sanchez with that d.

Yeah he tore up Oak, Carolina, Sea, STL, AZ.

Check out what he did against NO, ATL, KC, SD, PHI... 6 TDs and 8 INTS. He missed the games against TB and GB which he would have stunk it up like usual.

Its easy to make him look good posting his stats against sorry teams that combined for 29-51 records.

Bravo to Smith.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 6, 2011 at 8:24 PM ]

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

put him in sanchez position hed be just as good as average ass sanchez with that d.

Check out what he did against NO, ATL, KC, SD, PHI... 6 TDs and 8 INTS.

But..but but those INTs weren't his fault! And we cant count the ATL game because it was his first with a new OC! And against New orleans, he played very good, but lets not look at the mistakes he made because he had Jimmy Raye in that game!
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Aug 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

Check out what he did against NO, ATL, KC, SD, PHI... 6 TDs and 8 INTS.

But..but but those INTs weren't his fault! And we cant count the ATL game because it was his first with a new OC! And against New orleans, he played very good, but lets not look at the mistakes he made because he had Jimmy Raye in that game!

hhaha yeah the saints game he was "awesome" and barely led us to a tie.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 6, 2011 at 8:26 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

Check out what he did against NO, ATL, KC, SD, PHI... 6 TDs and 8 INTS. He missed the games against TB and GB which he would have stunk it up like usual.

Its easy to make him look good posting his stats against sorry teams that combined for 29-51 records.

Bravo to Smith.

as i have said before our whole team sucked last year hence the record. if d plays better alex wont have to score 6 times to win every game. sanchez is maybe an average qb but doesnt have to do s**t to win. if he can get edwards 900 so can alex.
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

Bravo to Smith.

as i have said before our whole team sucked last year hence the record. if d plays better alex wont have to score 6 times to win every game. sanchez is maybe an average qb but doesnt have to do s**t to win. if he can get edwards 900 so can alex.

Yes the team didn't play well but Smith's mistakes contributed to the losses. You can repeatedly point out a plays he made to help the losses.

Yeah in teh ATL game if he scored more then 7 points we win. If he doesn't take that stupid intentional grounding penalty, we win.

Against Philly if he doesn't fumble like an idiot we have a chance to win.

Against NO if he doesn't throw two picks, one in the red zone, we win.

In STL, he had a chance to lead us in the end. What did he do? Fumble.

There are other players who contributed to the losses but the leader of the offense does s**t to hurt the team almost every game and doesn't do much to help.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 6, 2011 at 8:31 PM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. Jim Harbaugh
3. Jim Harbaugh
4. Solid O-Line

It's really the best chance he ever had. He has the best weapons ever too. Edwards, VD, Crabtree and Gore. He never had that before.

Everyone take note of this day
Share 49ersWebzone