There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Harbaugh Era QB competition!

• dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I heard this also. Skip has a huge Texas bias, so his words mean nothing.

He was a sports writer in Dallas during the Super bowl years, swear I also heard him say Michael Irvin is the best WR of alltime LOL

He did.

Also, he said, in a vacuum, he would take Andre Johnson of the Texans over Jerry Rice.

Yea I saw this live. Irvin was the leader of the team. Irvin is what made the Cowboys click. I am sorry but during the 90's run I hated the cowboys but I only respected Smith and their OL.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that in the 94 season when we got Sanders we put him on Harper not Irvin because he was the one that hurt us in the 92, 93 NFC championship games. Yet when he went to Dallas in 95 and he played us, who was he covering. Oh yea that would be Jerry Rice.

Never liked Alex's facemask before, good to see him transition to the traditional QB facemask
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by fan49:
im sick of all the hate for smith most the pictures u guys put up are from when smith had a broken collar bone. he sucks no heart, but he played with a broken collerbone for this team. he has been thrown under the bus by coaches and fans and he still resigned here to prove himself here. He taught the playbook team when no one could.

show the man some respect he was ruined here and came back to prove himself here. he loves the 9ners like we do and respects the hell out of them. and yes he would have been signed elsewhere.

last year he was the best qb in nfc west. and last 7 games only qb that did better was rodgers. its one year, relax and wait were not winning a sb with or with out him this year.

Just ignore them, if you watch how they post, they are all overly emotional guys anyway, they don't think before they post anything, they just let raw emotion come right on out, kinda like tourettes syndrome. You can tell by the quality of the posts who the good posters are, best to just ignore the ignorant.

Great job at inciting

Inciting who? You think I was talking about you?

You're referring to everybody that is critical of Alex, correct?

Oh hell no man, I am referring to guys that can do nothing but post hyperbole and supposition and try to twist anything the guy does into a bad thing. There are legitimate concerns with him, but guys who post s**t like "he has never done anything" or "he is the worst #1 pick in the history of the NFL" which even the most rabid Smith hating fan should know better than. I was talking about not paying attention to those types of posters (unless you want some comedy value). Legit gripes are fine by me, I have a few myself, #1 being consistency. I have seen superior levels of play on occasion, but rarely in a steady flow. That is the main reason I like the Harbaugh signing, I think that many of our players will be more consistent, especially on offense, with him and his hand picked staff guiding them.

I stand corrected... and you make some good points.

No problem man, people think just because I try to remain positive, that I am a blind homer, I have even been accused by Sabrason ( I think that was his handle) of caring about Smith more than the team, which is frankly insulting to me. What ticks me off is the guys that post the kind of inaccurate crap about dude to make him out to be worse than he really is. I understand if people don't want the man here, I got no problem with that, but there are guys that come to every thread, about Smith or not, and turn it into a hyperbolic slamfest.

I did not like the pick when we made it, I honestly wanted to trade back for more picks since there wasn't any top tier qb to grab, I would have settled with Braylon(luckily we got him for chump change). But in the guys defense he has improved every healthy year, even with no continuity from a good coach. Plus the guy genuinely seems to want to be a Niner, and that counts for just a little with me.

I got no problem with people that dislike Smith, that's not who my beef is with. I am a grown man, understand that everyone's point of view cannot possibly be the same all the time., it is the ignorant hyperbole that pushes my buttons. Those guys are trolling for a fight, and they know they can get away with it because it technically doesn't break the rules. trust me I would much rather come here and have genuine discourse with the intelligent, mature members of this board. Unfortunately some just come here to vent frustration and start fights for entertainment.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Alex will not ride the bench and make $5mill while doing it. I love what Kap bring to the table but he's not ready at all to start. No off season to learn just go with Alex.

Have you watched the last 6 years? Alex is always on the bench around the middle of the season. I don't think 5 million going to stop his benching if he stinks again.

We have a better coach now, and hopefully a better o line with the signing of Goodwin. If Smith can't get it straightened out, we are screwed. I think Harbaugh knows what Smith needs, and thinks he can put him in a position to be a productive qb. As far as Colin, he is a work in progress, there is no way he should see any meaningful action until we have the division locked up, or are mathematically eliminated from contention.

Are you gonna bet your life on it? I remember reading JH saying Kaep may get playing time in certain situation. 2nd and short etc.,

Maybe I should have been clearer, I meant as the starter. I can see him getting a play or two here and there, just to get a feel for the speed he will be facing in the NFL, and I am all for that.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Skip is worthless.. hates the Niners... always talks sh*t about Jerry Rice.

Never listen to Skip Bayless... he just spews garbage to bring attention to himself. A very bitter, miserable little person.

Never forget that Skip Bayless was a columnist in Dallas during the competitive years and he is a Niner hater, unless we are really, really weak
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Kaep has a better head on his shoulders and I would take that anyday over Vince Young.......

Kap = hardcore Christian.

Vince = possibly bi-polar. I feel for the guy, hope he succeeds.

Isnt he suicidle too?

That is 100% not funny.
Really, really not funny.

And work on your spelling.

Suicidal. And he has a point, V Young did try to kill himself. Or alledgedly.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Kaep has a better head on his shoulders and I would take that anyday over Vince Young.......

Isnt he suicidle too?

That is 100% not funny.

Suicidal. And he has a point, V Young did try to kill himself. Or alledgedly.

Suicide can be funny... in the right light...

See: Hitler, Adolf
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

Isnt he suicidle too?

That is 100% not funny.

yeah for real man, not cool

lol

Isnt he suicidle too?

No. His momma is black.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
CK is the greatest of all time. We are all witnessing magic.

I'm as disgusted about the exaggerated CK praise that will surely spread like wild-fire here in the WZ, but c'mon... We are not even near the Nate Davis level just yet.

Both Kap and V.Y. can run and have big arms... that's where the comparisons should stop though. Kap is very intelligent... V.Y. is very mentally limited. Kap is a very hard and hungry worker... V.Y. is clearly not. Kap's mental toughness is yet to be determined... Young's mind screams fragile pu$$ification.

That's it. End of story...

I don't care for Skip either and at first I absolutly hated the comparison. I still don't like it for the points made above. However, Vince's big problem was mental. I think we can do worse than have Kaep develop some Vince Young traits withholding the mental shortcommings. Remember, despite all of his problems Vince was still able to put the Titans on his back at times and win some games. I think given a year, and with his work ethic, Kaep will surpass VY and be a much better QB, he just needs a little time.
Bayless is a moron. Kap is a 4 year starter an established passer. Lets not forget Vince Young was suppose to enter the draft as a WR before he won the national championship and his hype exploded.[/b]
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Is he a 49er hater or something?

This is Skip Bayless...are you suffering from amnesia?
Skip Bayless talks like there is a garden gnome shoved up his ass.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Aug 5, 2011 at 7:39 PM ]
Skip made his name off making people post stuff like this. Only reason I listen to 1st and 10 pod cast is to see what Skip says. Sometimes Skip puts on the show, other times he says the stuff most people won't be honest about.
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
Bayless is a moron. Kap is a 4 year starter an established passer. Lets not forget Vince Young was suppose to enter the draft as a WR before he won the national championship and his hype exploded.[/b]

Lol where did you get that information!!