There are 158 users in the forums

The Official Harbaugh Era QB competition!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oldman9er:
No trades... what about Trent Edwards? It's slim pickins from here out...

Trent Edwards is on the Raiders. They signed him earlier in the week.
We will pick someone up when the rosters start getting trimmed down I would guess.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
lol Cohn

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110804/sports/110809714?p=2&tc=pg

Quote:
Cohn: “How would you describe the difference between an Alex Smith pass and a Colin Kaepernick pass?

Harbaugh: I don't compare them.

Cohn: I don't mean compare better or worse. Just describe. That's not comparing.

Harbaugh: They're both good.

Cohn: Does one guy's pass look a certain way on an out pattern and another guys' pass look a certain way, or are they identical?

Cohn: That's not descriptive, though. That's evaluating. I'm just asking what it looks like.

Harbaugh: What it looks like? Looks good.

Cohn got cowned

Cohn could do so much better but he comes off as such a douche most of the time.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Toughniner:
CK is the greatest of all time. We are all witnessing magic.

Dear MadDog, I hold your Football-knowledge in high esteem. And I am always looking forward to read your - most of the time - insightful opinion. But this time, you're off the mark...

The irony is not approbiate here. Nobody said that CK is the greatest of all time. All they were saying is, that you should not judge the player too early. Give him time...

And one statement is so true, even you cannot deny ist: "J.H. knows more about Quarterbacks than S. B."... i might add WAY MORE!!!!

My critique is this: CK was not one of the most popular choices of Niners' fans before the draft. In fact, very few people held him in high regard. However, the moment the team drafts him, a poll was posted: Who will be he best QB from this class? The runaway winner was....take a wild guess....CK. It is blind homerism.

Now, onto CK. He is a good talent, who has upside. But, he is a project who is at least two years away. First, he needs to tighten that motion. We all know he has a strong arm. But, the window in the NFL is fine, and until he tightens that motion, he is going to struggle. Second, he is coming from a pistol offense. Third, he is a raw prospect, period.

The expectations on the kid are way too high for a guy who was the 5th QB drafted this year. He may turn out to be a good NFL QB, but that is a long ways off. However, at the first incompletion SMith throws in practice, the chants for CK will begin, and that is going to be a joke.

My sarcasm is intended to temper enthusiasm. Maybe not the best approach, but it is fun.

I wanted him actually i spent most of the pre draft watching his freaking highlights... The Bosie State game by far his best, He took that game over! I enjoyed the highlights and thought he be an exciting player to watch in the nfl... JUST SO HAPPENS THE NINERS TOOK HIM!!!! STILL PUMPED
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
lol Cohn

Quote:
Cohn: “How would you describe the difference between an Alex Smith pass and a Colin Kaepernick pass?

Cohn: I don't mean compare better or worse. Just describe. That's not comparing.

Cohn: Does one guy's pass look a certain way on an out pattern and another guys' pass look a certain way, or are they identical?

Cohn: That's not descriptive, though. That's evaluating. I'm just asking what it looks like.

Cohn got cowned

Cohn could do so much better but he comes off as such a douche most of the time.

What's even funnier is that another question by someone was asking Harbaugh to "compare" music groups and he didn't fall for it.
Skip is worthless.. hates the Niners... always talks sh*t about Jerry Rice.

Never listen to Skip Bayless... he just spews garbage to bring attention to himself. A very bitter, miserable little person.

Uh ... he ranked Montana as the greatest player in NFL history and Rice the 4th greatest.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
lol Cohn

Quote:

Cohn got cowned

What's even funnier is that another question by someone was asking Harbaugh to "compare" music groups and he didn't fall for it.

Stones or Beatles which band was better!!! Sing would still be watching the film to tell you which one he thought was!
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Toughniner:

Dear MadDog, I hold your Football-knowledge in high esteem. And I am always looking forward to read your - most of the time - insightful opinion. But this time, you're off the mark...

The irony is not approbiate here. Nobody said that CK is the greatest of all time. All they were saying is, that you should not judge the player too early. Give him time...

And one statement is so true, even you cannot deny ist: "J.H. knows more about Quarterbacks than S. B."... i might add WAY MORE!!!!

My critique is this: CK was not one of the most popular choices of Niners' fans before the draft. In fact, very few people held him in high regard. However, the moment the team drafts him, a poll was posted: Who will be he best QB from this class? The runaway winner was....take a wild guess....CK. It is blind homerism.

Now, onto CK. He is a good talent, who has upside. But, he is a project who is at least two years away. First, he needs to tighten that motion. We all know he has a strong arm. But, the window in the NFL is fine, and until he tightens that motion, he is going to struggle. Second, he is coming from a pistol offense. Third, he is a raw prospect, period.

The expectations on the kid are way too high for a guy who was the 5th QB drafted this year. He may turn out to be a good NFL QB, but that is a long ways off. However, at the first incompletion SMith throws in practice, the chants for CK will begin, and that is going to be a joke.

My sarcasm is intended to temper enthusiasm. Maybe not the best approach, but it is fun.

Well said, except for one thing. He was the 6th QB taken. Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick. LOL.
I think he can be very good. If Harbaugh can work some magic on him we may finally have our next great quarterback.

Having faith is a good thing. Having BLIND faith is not. CK will take a lot of work to get ready. The camp reports so far have been clear that he has really struggled with the basics of running the offense. Let's not put unnecessary pressure on him by thinking he is going to be starting any time soon. Barring injury to Alex, that won't be happening.

So you really expect a rookie QB to come in without any coaching-led OTAs and master an offense after 1 week of camp?

Every report I've read says players and coaches are pleased with the way he's playing and grasping the offense so far

Don't 'cha guys know MadDog knows everything??

noobs.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Bayless always says stupid s**t.
He mentioned having only watch him play once, but still feels he can make that conclusion.....what a dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!

Kap has a cannon, I can see comparisons on everything else though.
Maybe athletically wise....but Kapernick doesn't have the ten cent head.

NFL success isn't determined based off of measurables alone.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:

This explains it all.

He didnt even put Aaron rodgers on that list

Michelle Beadle was trying to get Rodgers dick in her mouth @ the espys

No homo

Brady and Manning Not on that list! I think Skip bayless just trys to piss people off, i guess negative attention is still attention!
Originally posted by sachie23:
I think Jim Harbaugh knows a little more about QB play than Skip Bayless

EXACTLY.

I'm as disgusted about the exaggerated CK praise that will surely spread like wild-fire here in the WZ, but c'mon... We are not even near the Nate Davis level just yet.

Both Kap and V.Y. can run and have big arms... that's where the comparisons should stop though. Kap is very intelligent... V.Y. is very mentally limited. Kap is a very hard and hungry worker... V.Y. is clearly not. Kap's mental toughness is yet to be determined... Young's mind screams fragile pu$$ification.

That's it. End of story...

good post.
Share 49ersWebzone