There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

First Offensive Drive of 2011..

Smith Motions Vernan Davis from stong to weak side. Quick pass to weak side to Crabtree on a Quick Slant for 24 yards. After a touchback on the opening kickoff, the 49ers advance to 44 yard line. Smith lines up behind center again. Using a quick silent count, Smith snaps the ball and hands it to Gore for no gain.
2nd and 10. The 49ers line up again in the I Form and hand it off to Gore. Gore takes the same hole as the previous play. He has no where to go. Wait! Gore bounces to the outside! He is saved be a nasty block delivered by Ted Ginn?!?! Gore has the sideline! Gore is at the 50, the 40, the 30 and Frank Gores starts the season off with a bang! After only three plays, the 49ers are on the board.

[ Edited by TheVoiceOfReason on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:39:01 ]
An outside iso play and then at the line check it to a inside trap play. Gore up the middle, all day! lol.
3 and out.

Jimmy Raye killed my imagination.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
3 and out.

Good point, anything other than the same iform running play on the opening drive will be mind blowing.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jul 4, 2011 at 9:06 AM ]
Seattle kick to goal line, Ginn 15 yd return. San Francisco penalized 7 (half the distance) for illegal block.

1st down, Smith 8 yrd pass to Gore up the middle. 2nd down, Smith 7 yrd pass to V Davis up the middle. 1st down on the 28. 1st down, Smith 7 yd pass to Crabtree. 2nd down, Gore 1 yd run. 3rd down, Gore 4 yrd run. 1st down on the 35. 1st down, Smith 17 yrd pass to Crabtree. 1st down on Seattle 48. 1st down 13 yrd pass to Gore. 1st on the 35 yrd line. 1st down, Smith to Crabtree incomplete. 2nd down Smith 5 yrd pass to Gore, Bass called for illegal man downfield penalized 10 yrds. 2nd and 20 Smith 27 yrd pass to Crabtree down the middle. 1st down on the 18 yrd line. 1st down, Smith 8 yrd pass to Gore. 2nd down, Smith 10 yrd pass to Morgan TOUCHDOWN!!!! 49ERS!!!
Josh Johnson rolls right hits VD in stride on a drag route for 9 yards. 2nd and 1, Johnson fake handoff to Gore off LG and hits Morgan on a skinny post in stride for a 71 yard touchdown
2nd posession-
Gore off LG for 4 yards, 2nd and 6, Gore btwn C and RG for 3. 3rd and 3, Johnson to Gore screen pass right side for 4 (wow, i haven't seen a sf qb throw a screen pass accurately in so long).

1st down Johnson to Crabtree 8 yd hook route., 2nd and 2 Gore up the middle no gain. 3rd and 2, Gore off RG for 2.

1st down good coverage, Johnson scrambles for 3, 2nd and 7, Gore off LG for 2. 3rd and 5 Johnson hits Crabtree on a 5 yd stop.

1st, 22 yd flag route to DWalk in the slot.

1st Gore pitch off LT 3 yrds, 2nd-7, Johnson scrambles for 6 off left side, 3d-1Dixon up middle for 5 yds.

1st Johnson play action VD incomplete on a go route, 2nd 10 Gore 4 yds on a counter left to right, 3d-6 Johnson 7 yds Morgan on an out

1st Gore 2 yds of RT, 2nd-8 Gore 1 yd up middle, 3rd-7.. 5 yd screen pass to Hunter off left....Jeff Reed FG....niners up 10-0

ok, sorry i was daydreaming a little bit....

for a moment i was imagining the niners finally mixing up the playcalls and having an accurate thrower and reasonable pass protection.
If Chilo is in the starting lineup, it'll probably go as follows:

1st and 10: Gore up the gut for 3 yards.
2nd and 7: Chilo false start.
2nd and 12: Screen to Gore for 11 yards.
3rd and 1: Smith to Crabtree for 22 yards. Flag. Holding, Chilo.
3rd and 11: Chilo misses block, Smith pressured, throws it away.
4th and 11: Punt.

If Chilo isn't in, Gore breaks away for a 76-yard TD.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Wise man.
Fake punt, andy lee tackled for a 15 yard loss.
Triple reverse to delanie walker, loss of 12
half back pass to crabtree for 1 yard
90 yard field goal attempt, successful
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Wise man.

Second and 12 is a screen and chilo get's away with early blocking and mike drives 5 guys back and gore goes 90 yards!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jul 5, 2011 at 12:37 AM ]
1st and 10... Alex Smith drops back... Hesitates... Holds the ball for too long and overthrows Josh Morgan.

Then you will hear...

*BOOoOoOoooooOoOoOoOoOoOoooOoooooOOoOoOoOOOOooOoOoo!!!!!!*
Originally posted by bigmike55:
1st and 10... Alex Smith drops back... Hesitates... Holds the ball for too long and overthrows Josh Morgan.

Then you will hear...

*BOOoOoOoooooOoOoOoOoOoOoooOoooooOOoOoOoOOOOooOoOoo!!!!!!*

I think since he is so determined to do good, he is more likely to throw a pick on the first throw of the season, than he is to hesitate. he will prob try to force something good to happen.
3 and out.

Good point, anything other than the same iform running play on the opening drive will be mind blowing.

I can't wait...
3 and out.

I can't wait...

We got harbaugh!!!!!