There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

First Offensive Drive of 2011..

aaaahhh.... just can't help yourselves, but yet you always come back much later to point the finger and say "they started it!"

Originally posted by oldman9er:
aaaahhh.... just can't help yourselves, but yet you always come back much later to point the finger and say "they started it!"


Welcome to the offseason. It wouldnt be so bad if we had FA but then again it could be worse
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Well, I believe most coaches o.c's script the first 15-25 plays on offense. With Jimmy 3 play Raye gone, how do you think our first series or so will look?

Run run run?

Run, quick slant, play action?

??

gore up the gut...torn acl....next play pick 6....

holy crap, that definitely sounds like bad juju. Lets hope gore doesn't get hurt like that, your post made me think of that playoff game against the falcons in the playoffs where garrison hearst destroyed his ankle on like the 2nd offensive play or something.


i'd be so pissed if that happened to Gore. I would kinda expect Smith to toss the pick 6 though

he could throw the pick 6, get booed by the fans, then come back to finish the game 27-32 for 371 yards and 3tds.

why so sarcastic?

I was being serious, that would be awesome if the first home game of the season smitty came out and had a masterful performance like that. THe stick would be in shock.

IF he ever had a game like that I'd probably have a heart attack

he had 3 games like that last year, just saying.

when?


pay attention............., some niner fans.

Both AZ games and the last Seattle game. Same as any other year with the guy. Looks good vs teams in our division. Outside looks very mediocre as usual. NO and ATL dont count because he s**t play early were main reasons why the games were close and why we lost.

Seriously. Alex Smith has never had 300 yards and 3 Tds in a victory in his entire career. His best game last season was against Seattle, what the stats don't show about that 250yd 3 touchdown game is Smith did not complete a pass longer than 6 yards in the air.

7th times a charm.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Well, I believe most coaches o.c's script the first 15-25 plays on offense. With Jimmy 3 play Raye gone, how do you think our first series or so will look?

Run run run?

Run, quick slant, play action?

??

gore up the gut...torn acl....next play pick 6....

holy crap, that definitely sounds like bad juju. Lets hope gore doesn't get hurt like that, your post made me think of that playoff game against the falcons in the playoffs where garrison hearst destroyed his ankle on like the 2nd offensive play or something.


i'd be so pissed if that happened to Gore. I would kinda expect Smith to toss the pick 6 though

he could throw the pick 6, get booed by the fans, then come back to finish the game 27-32 for 371 yards and 3tds.

why so sarcastic?

I was being serious, that would be awesome if the first home game of the season smitty came out and had a masterful performance like that. THe stick would be in shock.

IF he ever had a game like that I'd probably have a heart attack

he had 3 games like that last year, just saying.

when?


pay attention............., some niner fans.

Both AZ games and the last Seattle game. Same as any other year with the guy. Looks good vs teams in our division. Outside looks very mediocre as usual. NO and ATL dont count because he s**t play early were main reasons why the games were close and why we lost.
the ATL game was extremely conservative playcalling, I remember at one point coach sing was so lame he wouldn't even risk kicking a FG.. so we punted again.......

edit: meant to say Yes Alex didn't play the best in the ATL game, but the playcalling in that game made me pull out what little hair i had left.

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jun 27, 2011 at 16:28:45 ]
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Well, I believe most coaches o.c's script the first 15-25 plays on offense. With Jimmy 3 play Raye gone, how do you think our first series or so will look?

Run run run?

Run, quick slant, play action?

??

gore up the gut...torn acl....next play pick 6....

holy crap, that definitely sounds like bad juju. Lets hope gore doesn't get hurt like that, your post made me think of that playoff game against the falcons in the playoffs where garrison hearst destroyed his ankle on like the 2nd offensive play or something.


i'd be so pissed if that happened to Gore. I would kinda expect Smith to toss the pick 6 though

he could throw the pick 6, get booed by the fans, then come back to finish the game 27-32 for 371 yards and 3tds.

why so sarcastic?

I was being serious, that would be awesome if the first home game of the season smitty came out and had a masterful performance like that. THe stick would be in shock.

IF he ever had a game like that I'd probably have a heart attack

he had 3 games like that last year, just saying.

when?


pay attention............., some niner fans.

Both AZ games and the last Seattle game. Same as any other year with the guy. Looks good vs teams in our division. Outside looks very mediocre as usual. NO and ATL dont count because he s**t play early were main reasons why the games were close and why we lost.

Well, that's still 2 games. Seattle game was a meaningful game too. Philly game as well, he came back and played great after one bad play. NO game he was the reason we were in it.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Well, I believe most coaches o.c's script the first 15-25 plays on offense. With Jimmy 3 play Raye gone, how do you think our first series or so will look?

Run run run?

Run, quick slant, play action?

??

gore up the gut...torn acl....next play pick 6....

holy crap, that definitely sounds like bad juju. Lets hope gore doesn't get hurt like that, your post made me think of that playoff game against the falcons in the playoffs where garrison hearst destroyed his ankle on like the 2nd offensive play or something.


i'd be so pissed if that happened to Gore. I would kinda expect Smith to toss the pick 6 though

he could throw the pick 6, get booed by the fans, then come back to finish the game 27-32 for 371 yards and 3tds.

why so sarcastic?

I was being serious, that would be awesome if the first home game of the season smitty came out and had a masterful performance like that. THe stick would be in shock.

IF he ever had a game like that I'd probably have a heart attack

he had 3 games like that last year, just saying.

when?


pay attention............., some niner fans.

Both AZ games and the last Seattle game. Same as any other year with the guy. Looks good vs teams in our division. Outside looks very mediocre as usual. NO and ATL dont count because he s**t play early were main reasons why the games were close and why we lost.

Well, that's still 2 games. Seattle game was a meaningful game too. Philly game as well, he came back and played great after one bad play. NO game he was the reason we were in it.

That, because it definitely wasn't our defense.. For the most part No shot themselves in teh foot most of the game, but when they were on they scored with ease.
1-10 25yd line: pitch to Gore - 4 yds
2-6 29 yd line: bubble screen to Crabtree - -3 yds
3-9 26 yd line: Offsides SEATTLE
3-4 31 yd line: hitch to Morgan - 7 yds - First Down
1-10 38 yd line: draw to Gore - 6 yds
2-4 44 yd line: slant to Crabtree - 12 yds - First Down
1-10 44 yd line: PA pass seem to Davis - 21 yds - First Down
1-10 23 yd line: left tackle (Gore) - 23 yd TOUCHDOWN NINERS
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
1-10 25yd line: pitch to Gore - 4 yds
2-6 29 yd line: bubble screen to Crabtree - -3 yds
3-9 26 yd line: Offsides SEATTLE
3-4 31 yd line: hitch to Morgan - 7 yds - First Down
1-10 38 yd line: draw to Gore - 6 yds
2-4 44 yd line: slant to Crabtree - 12 yds - First Down
1-10 44 yd line: PA pass seem to Davis - 21 yds - First Down
1-10 23 yd line: left tackle (Gore) - 23 yd TOUCHDOWN NINERS

Oh boy, what a bonanza!
The BOMB!!!
Alex Smith will either fumble, throw an interception, go 3 and out, or all of the above.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith will either fumble, throw an interception, go 3 and out, or all of the above.

I watch you venture around to each thread... unprovoked... to take your lil shots at Smith.

Makes you feel better, does it?

Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith will either fumble, throw an interception, go 3 and out, or all of the above.

It would be difficult to do all three in the first drive but I suppose the interception could be fumbled back...no, that would start the downs over. Hmm...
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith will either fumble, throw an interception, go 3 and out, or all of the above.

I watch you venture around to each thread... unprovoked... to take your lil shots at Smith.

Makes you feel better, does it?


It's a legitimate possibility that this could happen on the first drive of 2011. We've seen Smith do all of the above many times. Why do you think this year will be different? Harbaugh? As great as a coach we all may think he is, you can't coach football instincts, awareness, decision making or accuracy... All of which Alex Smith lacks in.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this board. Some love Alex Smith...some hate him. Deal with it. You go around praising him like he's the next Joe Montana, I go around hating on him like he's a white skinny JaMarcus Russell. Freedom of speech buddy.

Back to the topic... I think The first drive of 2011 will include some type of turnover or bonehead play that will create a boo bird festival once again. I'm just saying...
This forum really needs avatars and signatures. That might keep down the remarkably repetitive sentiments that find their way into every one-liner post from some.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith will either fumble, throw an interception, go 3 and out, or all of the above.

I watch you venture around to each thread... unprovoked... to take your lil shots at Smith.

Makes you feel better, does it?


It's a legitimate possibility that this could happen on the first drive of 2011. We've seen Smith do all of the above many times. Why do you think this year will be different? Harbaugh? As great as a coach we all may think he is, you can't coach football instincts, awareness, decision making or accuracy... All of which Alex Smith lacks in.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this board. Some love Alex Smith...some hate him. Deal with it. You go around praising him like he's the next Joe Montana, I go around hating on him like he's a white skinny JaMarcus Russell. Freedom of speech buddy.

Back to the topic... I think The first drive of 2011 will include some type of turnover or bonehead play that will create a boo bird festival once again. I'm just saying...

Glad to see a response of more than a brief sentence! Seriously! The idea that one could fumble, throw an interception and be three and out in one sequence does not seem possible except in an imaginary world.

As far as opinions being acceptable, I agree whole heartedly. They aren't all equal when it come to legitimacy, but that is in the eye of the beholder.

In praising A Smith, most of us are saying he has not played in a situation that would allow him to show his best. So, we want to see how that would look.

As far as using Montana as an exemplar I am guilty as charged. I bring him up because many of my friends and family believe he was overrated and that Walsh could make a trained seal into a good QB. I disagree and believe both were great. Could Smith succeed under Walsh? I believe he could. Has all the physical tools but does he have the mentality? Hope to see the answer to that soon.

I jumped into this as your response seemed more to my comment than Oldman's but if that is presumptuous I apologize.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:36:22 ]
...