LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

MOst hated Defensive player, since mark roman left?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by keeferr75:
i know cj is special but i hate this kind of defensive execution.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8140ff79/Chris-Johnson-Highlight-WK-09-vs-49ers-2009?r_src=ramp

you're right, CJ is special, but he did nothing special there. Haralson makes me want to club baby seals...
Clements- He's declined continually over the past 2 years and gets absolutely smoked by speedy receivers. Toss in when he jumps routes and pays for it and this guy is easily the most annoying. He used to be very solid but now I'd consider him an average CB at best.

Lawson- People love to talk about his coverage skills and "pressuring the passer", but none of it impresses me. He was drafted to get to the QB and he never gets sacks. Who cares about pressuring the QB when they simply side step his pressure and bomb it 60 yards downfield.
Parys Haralson

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8140ff79/Chris-Johnson-Highlight-WK-09-vs-49ers-2009?r_src=ramp

This made me so mad that game, we were on the verge of getting back into the playoff race (possibly) and this killed us.
I would have to say our pass rush that gives the opposing qb too much time.

Justin Smith is a stud, so it then comes down to Franklin, Sopoaga, Haralson, Lawson, simply not doing their part to get to the qb.

The stud inside LB willis is the only one that has explosive sacks, ones where he is at the qb so quickly the play does not have time to develop.
Patrick Willis, he hogs all the tackles to himself, and he makes everyone else look like they're not trying very hard because he's always going 100 miles an hour.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Patrick Willis, he hogs all the tackles to himself, and he makes everyone else look like they're not trying very hard because he's always going 100 miles an hour.

If he makes them look like they arent trying, then Justin smith must make everyone look like they are asleep.
can I still vote for Balmer?
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
can I still vote for Balmer?

He does count, I failed to mention defensive player still on our team.

Originally posted by 9erred:
I would have to say our pass rush that gives the opposing qb too much time.

Justin Smith is a stud, so it then comes down to Franklin, Sopoaga, Haralson, Lawson, simply not doing their part to get to the qb.

The stud inside LB willis is the only one that has explosive sacks, ones where he is at the qb so quickly the play does not have time to develop.

Yeah when Willis blitzes, for the most part it looks like something from madden, he gets through so fast, it looks like a glitch in teh game.

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jun 25, 2011 at 19:53:57 ]
Originally posted by Sinsation:

you're right, CJ is special, but he did nothing special there. Haralson makes me want to club baby seals...

[ Edited by wysiwyg on Jun 25, 2011 at 23:37:00 ]

Goldson, Clements, Haralson come in a tie.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Sinsation:

Nate Clements. Nobody calls him lockdown, accept for himself. I dont care if he is a good tackler. I want him to stop getting beat for passing touchdowns!
Nate Clements hands down
I dont hate anyone on the team, thank god. But If I have to question one it would defintely be Haralson. He had a decent season leading the Linebackers in sacks in 2008 with 8 with only 10 starts, and people started to get excited about him. Well hes been pretty bad in all areas of his game, lacks speed to chase defenders, lacks a consistent rush, and doesnt set the edge well enough..

2nd would be Goldson.. after having a nice season with almost 100tk and 4int in 2009, 2010 he was awful. You want to see consistency and improvement from a young safety and Goldson lacks speed and range to be a very good safety. when u only get 1int from your safety in 16 starts, theres a problem..
Share 49ersWebzone