LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

MOst hated Defensive player, since mark roman left?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Alex Smith.

Some how, some way, some joker will turn any and all threads about any topic into an Alex Smith thread.

Let me guess, he is Defensive Player because he got "defensive" when he was yelling at Sing on the sidelines

Actually Alex smith tackles better than Haralson, remember that tackle he had on that raiders player in that preseason game? or maybe it was a block, either way it was a de-cleater..
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Alex Smith.

Some how, some way, some joker will turn any and all threads about any topic into an Alex Smith thread.

Let me guess, he is Defensive Player because he got "defensive" when he was yelling at Sing on the sidelines

Actually Alex smith tackles better than Haralson, remember that tackle he had on that raiders player in that preseason game? or maybe it was a block, either way it was a de-cleater..

Touche
Demetric Evans
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Demetric Evans

If I recall correctly, he has never really done anything good or bad on the field so far.
Demetric Evans

If I recall correctly, he has never really done anything good or bad on the field so far.

My point exactly
Goldson, Clements or Haralson.

Haralson gets a decent amount of sacks but he is a liability against the run. He gets beat to the outside a lot and don't ask him to cover. He also got a decent deal and sort of fell off after it.

Clements mainly because of the money and yeah he gets beat a lot but he's great against the run. A lot of corners out there are bad at both. Clements has had a lot of nice games for us and has two blocked kicks for TDs. People expected lockdown and Nate thinks of himself as that and it not what he should be portraying or us thinking so. He will get about 45 of that 80 if we cut him but still at about 10 mil a year he is slightly above average and overpaid.

Goldson is decent against the run, he is getting better at tackling but in the past has given up a lot of big plays because he went for the big hit. He is also a liability in coverage and has given up some big catches at bad times. He's not bad for a fourth rounder and I hope the injury was holding him back last year because 1 pick won't get it done. If he thinks he is worth 40 million he can walk. I'd start Reggie and Taylor in a heartbeat... he shouldn't have much leverage besides being able to call plays in the huddle.

IMO these guys are all average to slightly above average. Problem is we have much higher standards than we did 5-7 years ago. If these guys where on our 2-14 team they would be the some if not the best players on it. If you want to take the next step and go from good defense to great you need great players not average. These guys would be welcomed on a lot of teams. Secondly, I don't really think it's one bad player. It's more like the secondary and a lot of the times they take turns having bad plays. One time it's Goldson, next it's Clements, next it's Haralson or Brown or Spencer.
Demetric Evans

I wish we would have kept Marques Douglas. Evans never really did anything but we never really expected anything from him. Hopefully we let him go and Tukuafu or someone else can get a chance. Give McDonald and Soap more time otherwise.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Alex Smith.

this

and Nate Clements
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Who draws your ire now that Mark Roman no longer gives games away?

No one could draw my ire quite like Mark Roman.

Big nickel FTW!

Man, remember that Miami game in '08? I've never seen a safety, or even defensive player period, more responsible for causing his team to lose than Roman was that day. Between letting that slowass scrub David Martin catch that long pass on him AND break his tackle and outrun him to the endzone, preventing Nate Clements from catching a can o' corn interception, and not funneling Ronnie Brown to the inside to TKO and P52 which allowed him to bounce it outside and convert a 3rd down at the end to ice the game, he was just miserable.
I hate(and it is a harsh word);

Goldson, vastly overrated, had one good yr, which he had really only one solid game.

Haralson, got big deal, then play diminished.

Spencer, sure he plays decent, good against Fitzgerald, but for the price he got, he should be a top #2 CB

Don't hate Clements, cause he was a shutdown type, gotten older, did get 47M and not $80M, and played in the stupid prevent D, under sing/nolan era.

I actually like Evans, sure he hasnt been a shining moments, but solid when needed. I wouldnt mind him back on a 1yr vet min deal.

Have him, Ray Mac, Ice, RJF and J.Smith(who is a stud)

Gotta be Haralson. The guy hasn't done much since his 8 sack year.
Demetric Evans

My point exactly

Yeah, if I had to pick one, it would be Evans. He's a waste of space.
Mine would have to be Manny lawson.
I really dont like that #52 guy. He seems to hog all the tackles,fumbles, and espn big plays
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Gotta be Haralson. The guy hasn't done much since his 8 sack year.

x2

People hate on Manny but at least he forces the QB to step up in the pocket, Haralson just dissapears for games.
Share 49ersWebzone