LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Most annoying thing last year

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Most annoying thing last year

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

going for it on 4th down in the redzone and not coming up with any points at all. It really killed the morale of the offense. To go that far down the field and not score any points at all is demoralizing at the least.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
I want to vote for"I'll have to go back and check the film."

This!! Hands Down!!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith failing miserably like he always does year in and year out.

Really interesting take!
Originally posted by eastie:

Really interesting take!

Thanks.
jrg in the game day threads
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Every goddamn game was a nail biter except maybe 1 or 2... Blood pressure city.

Unfortunately we lost most of those close ones. I actually have really lowered my expectations, expecting we will find a way to loose close games. So then when we win I am happy, and a loss is "Oh well, that is what I expected. I can remember (Been a fan for over 35 years) getting all jacked up and in a really foul mood after a loss during the glory years. A play-off loss had me pissed till the next preseason. I am actually way less emotional watching games, I cuss less at the 49ers now than I did 20 years ago. It doesn't make any sense.
I voted for the "run on 1st & 2nd down" as far as the poll goes, but when you say "annoying thing," post game conference definately a close second...

Have to look at the film... have to look at the film...

So glad we don't have to hear that anymore.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
not getting plays in on time...leading to buring time outs...delay of game...and not being able to audible out of the call when seeing how the def. is lined up....

More than anything else, THAT was the one thing all of my Saints friends laughed at and I had to listen to...

How ridiculous and embarassing for a team that can not even get their plays in to the QB on time....

Originally posted by NorthNiner:
not getting plays in on time...leading to buring time outs...delay of game...and not being able to audible out of the call when seeing how the def. is lined up....

More than anything else, THAT was the one thing all of my Saints friends laughed at and I had to listen to...

How ridiculous and embarassing for a team that can not even get their plays in to the QB on time....

Wow-- when you really break it down, that's pretty pathetic... i mean that was fundamental stuff.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

Wow-- when you really break it down, that's pretty pathetic... i mean that was fundamental stuff.

Yep. We wouldn't even be set at the LOS and have less than 5 seconds on the play clock. Ridiculous at any level, much less the pro level.

Why? Where was the consistency? I remember an article stating that Singletary decided to change out "the middle man" that received the calls from Raye and then transferred them to the QB. So the new middle man couldn't even understand Raye have the time, since Raye was prone to indecision and slow slurring of words.

Unbelievable....

Really interesting take!

I too find mike's posts informative and thoroughly entertaining with their in depth analysis. I feel they show his in depth understanding of football and team sports in general. We are truly lucky to have input from such a rich and fertile mind on these humble forums, let us all bask in the glory of the sublime, all encompassing wisdom that is bigmike55.
Alex Smith's ball placement, or lack thereof.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Really interesting take!

I too find mike's posts informative and thoroughly entertaining with their in depth analysis. I feel they show his in depth understanding of football and team sports in general. We are truly lucky to have input from such a rich and fertile mind on these humble forums, let us all bask in the glory of the sublime, all encompassing wisdom that is bigmike55.

Thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone