LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

How knowledgeable is the 49ers fanbase AS A WHOLE?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by 190836:
Most knowledgeable of any fan base. Definitely more knowledgeable than the Raider fans.

I came here to say this.

BTW that we want carr chant, while it sucked I was slightly intrigued to see what if anything Carr could do different. So I didn't support the chant because I like alex, but I was wondering if Carr had improved at all.

Agree...just cause there was a "we want Carr" chant didn't mean we thought he was a pro bowl QB being held back...just meant we need to try something different...Remember when S.Hill came in and sparked the offence...I think we were looking for something like that...nothing wrong with it...and it's not just here...I can give you many examples of other teams where the 2nd string QB was more popular then the starter...

IMO...fan intelligence is about even going across the league...it all averages out....well maybe the Raider fans might still be bellow everyone else...lol

See... Why is this so hard for others to understand?

I have been around here for about 3-4 years now, (lurked for the first 2)
it seems like a lot of members like to say something to get a rise out of others... It definitely seems like it gets worse each season. We should all be able to have decent conversations since we are all fans of the same team, the way things go down are almost like some of us are 49er fans and the rest cowboy fans or something.

Thats madness.

Madness is what I was suffering from last year when Troy Smith was on the field.

I could see how actually winning games and breaking a losing streak could send you into madness....because it was the wrong qb doing it

Yeah. Thats why Troy Smith will be a 49er this year....oh wait, what?

One good game. One.

You act as if i care, hes no longer here

Com'n you can do better....
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
"WE WANT CARR" proved to me that the majority of the fans at The Stick on that night have NO CLUE what they are talking about.

And I love David Carr. I'm a Fresno State fan and will always like the guy and remember his college days. He's simply not a great NFL player and Alex Smith is DRAMATICALLY better than anyone else on the roster at QB...unfortunately I might add.

I consider myself to be a dedicated, knowledgeable fan. I'm in here at least 10 times a day and read every single article that comes through the wire. I watch all of the videos on 49ers.com and watch the NFL Network at least 1 hour per day, mostly NFL Total Access.

I was at the game looking around at all of the frustrated fans. At my family who had gone to have a good time and enjoy a good game, only to be frustrated and disappointing another f**king time. Another $1000 to go to the ball park down the drain!

I yelled my ass of for Carr. What fans like you don't understand to this day is that it wasn't so much that Carr was the answer, it was the fact that it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Smith wasn't. If Troy had been dubbed 2nd string QB at the time, although awkward, it would have been "We want Smith!", or more appropriately "We want Troy!".

Point; bad example. Move on from this. Bandwagon or not, it does not take a truly dedicated fan to realize the obvious sometimes. This was as obvious as it gets.

Um....no. Chanting for Carr was one of the dumbest things I've seen in all my years as a 49ers fan.

On that day...on NATIONAL TV no less...I was EMBARRASSED to be a 49er fan. It wasn't because the Niners were bad (and they had been to that point), it was because the crowd at the 'stick was proving just how spoiled and uninformed they were.

As for the original question, my experience is that the average 49ers fan is pretty UNinformed. The average Raider fan is worse (many can't name a player on the team and just like the colors), but AVERAGE Niner fans I'd bet wouldn't rank in the top 20 in te NFL.

Much of this has to do with living in a nice climate where there is alot to do besides going to a football game. More still is people who were spoiled by 20 years of greatness and they have no idea how the other half lives.

You really think voicing your displeasure on these forums is more effective than thousands voicing our opinion in front of the people who can actually do something about it? It was been 8 years of this bulls**t and we were fed up. It sent a pretty damn strong message and they did something about it.

I am more embarrassed to have Alex on the field and be the laughing stock of the NFL because everybody else sees what this organization has failed to see year after year.

Uninformed? The results on the field speak louder than anything else! That's what all fans, bandwagon or not, all see.

Did I say that?

I said it was embarassing. Are you under the impression that calling for David Carr actually made a difference? Yeah, thats why Alex Smith will be a 49er AGAIN this year.

No matter what you think of Alex, he is a FAR better QB than David Carr. To chant for David Carr does NOTHING but make you look stupid. All that the chanting accomplished was making the already bad team into even more of a laughing stock than they already were.

Yes. Uninformed. Most people could show up to games every weekend and still not have the first clue what they are looking at. I've spoken to SeasonTicket holders who are completely freakin' clueless. They couldn't even name all the starters.

You keep thinking this is an Alex vs Carr argument and it never was. The reason people called for Carr was because he was next in line. At that point it was anybody except Alex. What gives you the right to call anybody dumb or stupid for chanting, screaming, or writing it?

I'm done. We clearly have two very different opinions and this is pointless.

I didn't say you or they are stupid or dumb. I said the ACTION was stupid AND dumb.

You say its not about Alex vs. Carr...and I believe you. That's the problem. Its completely uninformed and "dumb" to think that a perenial horrible QB David Carr would be SOO much better than Alex when outside of a BAD fumble, Alex actually hadn't been playing that poorly.

THAT'S my ENTIRE point. The fans in the stands that day were just looking for someone to rail against to make them feel better. They didn't care that there wasn't a better option. They just wanted SOMETHING different without understanding what that meant. THAT is UNINFORMED.

THAT is why NFL coaches don't listen to fans. They're nuts.
Hey guys, I got an idea.

Let's talk about Nate Davis in relation to the knowledge of the 49ers fanbase!

Uhhhh....nevermind!

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Alex will be a starter making 5+ million this year. Troy? Probably lucky to find a job and break 6 figures.

Is there a reason for this? Yep.

Will you stop with this chit and GTFO if I agree to stop posting on here too? You just love stirring the chit pot and never fail to vulture into any posts that are even remotely anti-Alex to get people pissed off.

Nope... I'm gonna just let you keep on keeping on and you will run yourself outta here all by yourself. Keep it up... not hurting me.
"WE WANT CARR" proved to me that the majority of the fans at The Stick on that night have NO CLUE what they are talking about.

And I love David Carr. I'm a Fresno State fan and will always like the guy and remember his college days. He's simply not a great NFL player and Alex Smith is DRAMATICALLY better than anyone else on the roster at QB...unfortunately I might add.

I consider myself to be a dedicated, knowledgeable fan. I'm in here at least 10 times a day and read every single article that comes through the wire. I watch all of the videos on 49ers.com and watch the NFL Network at least 1 hour per day, mostly NFL Total Access.

I was at the game looking around at all of the frustrated fans. At my family who had gone to have a good time and enjoy a good game, only to be frustrated and disappointing another f**king time. Another $1000 to go to the ball park down the drain!

I yelled my ass of for Carr. What fans like you don't understand to this day is that it wasn't so much that Carr was the answer, it was the fact that it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Smith wasn't. If Troy had been dubbed 2nd string QB at the time, although awkward, it would have been "We want Smith!", or more appropriately "We want Troy!".

Point; bad example. Move on from this. Bandwagon or not, it does not take a truly dedicated fan to realize the obvious sometimes. This was as obvious as it gets.

Um....no. Chanting for Carr was one of the dumbest things I've seen in all my years as a 49ers fan.

On that day...on NATIONAL TV no less...I was EMBARRASSED to be a 49er fan. It wasn't because the Niners were bad (and they had been to that point), it was because the crowd at the 'stick was proving just how spoiled and uninformed they were.

As for the original question, my experience is that the average 49ers fan is pretty UNinformed. The average Raider fan is worse (many can't name a player on the team and just like the colors), but AVERAGE Niner fans I'd bet wouldn't rank in the top 20 in te NFL.

Much of this has to do with living in a nice climate where there is alot to do besides going to a football game. More still is people who were spoiled by 20 years of greatness and they have no idea how the other half lives.

You really think voicing your displeasure on these forums is more effective than thousands voicing our opinion in front of the people who can actually do something about it? It was been 8 years of this bulls**t and we were fed up. It sent a pretty damn strong message and they did something about it.

I am more embarrassed to have Alex on the field and be the laughing stock of the NFL because everybody else sees what this organization has failed to see year after year.

Uninformed? The results on the field speak louder than anything else! That's what all fans, bandwagon or not, all see.

Did I say that?

I said it was embarassing. Are you under the impression that calling for David Carr actually made a difference? Yeah, thats why Alex Smith will be a 49er AGAIN this year.

No matter what you think of Alex, he is a FAR better QB than David Carr. To chant for David Carr does NOTHING but make you look stupid. All that the chanting accomplished was making the already bad team into even more of a laughing stock than they already were.

Yes. Uninformed. Most people could show up to games every weekend and still not have the first clue what they are looking at. I've spoken to SeasonTicket holders who are completely freakin' clueless. They couldn't even name all the starters.

You keep thinking this is an Alex vs Carr argument and it never was. The reason people called for Carr was because he was next in line. At that point it was anybody except Alex. What gives you the right to call anybody dumb or stupid for chanting, screaming, or writing it?

I didn't say you or they are stupid or dumb. I said the ACTION was stupid AND dumb.

You say its not about Alex vs. Carr...and I believe you. That's the problem. Its completely uninformed and "dumb" to think that a perenial horrible QB David Carr would be SOO much better than Alex when outside of a BAD fumble, Alex actually hadn't been playing that poorly.

THAT'S my ENTIRE point. The fans in the stands that day were just looking for someone to rail against to make them feel better. They didn't care that there wasn't a better option. They just wanted SOMETHING different without understanding what that meant. THAT is UNINFORMED.

Seriously?? What's the difference?
Alex will be a starter making 5+ million this year. Troy? Probably lucky to find a job and break 6 figures.

Is there a reason for this? Yep.

Will you stop with this chit and GTFO if I agree to stop posting on here too? You just love stirring the chit pot and never fail to vulture into any posts that are even remotely anti-Alex to get people pissed off.

Nope... I'm gonna just let you keep on keeping on and you will run yourself outta here all by yourself. Keep it up... not hurting me.

Hey guys, I got an idea.

Uhhhh....nevermind!

That is the only way to get a response from you?!?!

I've been trying to talk with you man!
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by 190836:
Most knowledgeable of any fan base. Definitely more knowledgeable than the Raider fans.

I came here to say this.

BTW that we want carr chant, while it sucked I was slightly intrigued to see what if anything Carr could do different. So I didn't support the chant because I like alex, but I was wondering if Carr had improved at all.

Agree...just cause there was a "we want Carr" chant didn't mean we thought he was a pro bowl QB being held back...just meant we need to try something different...Remember when S.Hill came in and sparked the offence...I think we were looking for something like that...nothing wrong with it...and it's not just here...I can give you many examples of other teams where the 2nd string QB was more popular then the starter...

IMO...fan intelligence is about even going across the league...it all averages out....well maybe the Raider fans might still be bellow everyone else...lol

See... Why is this so hard for others to understand?

I have been around here for about 3-4 years now, (lurked for the first 2)
it seems like a lot of members like to say something to get a rise out of others... It definitely seems like it gets worse each season. We should all be able to have decent conversations since we are all fans of the same team, the way things go down are almost like some of us are 49er fans and the rest cowboy fans or something.

Thats madness.

Madness is what I was suffering from last year when Troy Smith was on the field.

I could see how actually winning games and breaking a losing streak could send you into madness....because it was the wrong qb doing it

Yeah. Thats why Troy Smith will be a 49er this year....oh wait, what?

One good game. One.

You act as if i care, hes no longer here

Com'n you can do better....

Just sayin', its not as if Troy Smith (outside of the Rams game) was setting the world on fire. It was pretty clear he wasn't a starting quality player.

Did I say that?

WOW. If you can't tell the difference then I don't know what to tell you.
Hey guys, I got an idea.

Uhhhh....nevermind!

A fifth rounder is not as interesting of a topic, as a First rounder...scratch that first overall pick

[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jun 24, 2011 at 11:53:47 ]

Hey guys, I got an idea.

Uhhhh....nevermind!

A fifth rounder is not as interesting of a topic, as a First rounder...scratch that first overall pick

It was a joke.

Did I say that?

So it was smart and knowledgeable fans, doing a dumb action, got it
Hey guys, I got an idea.

Uhhhh....nevermind!

It was a joke.

Jokes are not tolerated around here.....jk...cant we all just get along

Did I say that?

So it was smart and knowledgeable fans, doing a dumb action, got it

Smart UNINFORMED fans ding something dumb based on their lack of understanding of the game, not their lack of intelligence.

Clear enough?
  • Otter
  • Veteran

Smart UNINFORMED fans ding something dumb based on their lack of understanding of the game, not their lack of intelligence.

Clear enough?

I would have gone with passionate and faithful fans allowing their frustration to get the better of them, and asking for something without considering the consequences. But I get your point.
Share 49ersWebzone