There are 228 users in the forums

How knowledgeable is the 49ers fanbase AS A WHOLE?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
"WE WANT CARR" proved to me that the majority of the fans at The Stick on that night have NO CLUE what they are talking about.

Amen brother.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
"WE WANT CARR" proved to me that the majority of the fans at The Stick on that night have NO CLUE what they are talking about.

And I love David Carr. I'm a Fresno State fan and will always like the guy and remember his college days. He's simply not a great NFL player and Alex Smith is DRAMATICALLY better than anyone else on the roster at QB...unfortunately I might add.

What people dont understand is that fans just wanted change, whether it was Troy Smith or Carr, it just happened that Carr was next in line. We were on a long losing streak and our season was basically ending. If people had "no clue of what they were talking about", then they would have been oblivious to the fact that the qb on the field had been stinking it up for the majority of his career with niners and wouldnt have chanted. So, It mostly had to do with numerous seasons of losing with that qb on the field and built frustration, than wanting Carr as a qb.

Awww...Change for the sake of change. That's worked really well for this team in the past.

See: Marucci, Steve and Erikson, Dennis

Watch more games and you will see why people wanted a change at QB. There are reasons why thousands of fans were booing and wanted Carr. It wasnt a change because thousands of fans just hate Smith. It was a change because they hated the way he would throw a screen that bounced 3 feet in front of Gore. Or miss wide open guys again and again. Or that panicky roll right n throw out of bounds. He was benched for a reason and yelled at by the HC for a reason. Even the announcers where laughing at Smith for christ sakes. Thankfully we got young rookie in the draft to rescue our QB situation.

P.S. Mooch quit on us in Tampa. Rewatch that game dude lol. Seriously.

Dude, seriously...I can't remember the last time I missed a game. Besides, I'm not talking about Alex Smith. I'm talking about how much of a joke David Carr is and how dumb it is to chant at any point "WE WANT CARR"

I have no intention of turning this into a Alex Smith debate. Dude. lol. seriously.

Well if you didnt miss a game you shouldnt be surprised about fans wanting Carr to play. The QB play from the "starter" was horrible which you should have saw if you were watching. Fans knew that Carr was/is a bad starting QB but he was the better option until he threw his first duck. Then he looked no better than the "starter."

This is my point. Carr at NO POINT was a better option no matter how disappointed you are in the play of Alex Smith.

You think Alex Smith has been a disappointment (to say the least), fine...No argument here.

If you think Carr was "the better option" at anytime....well, I thought you were wrong then and after the Carolina game, "I told you so" just didn't quite say enough.

There are many that have been saying "I told you so" for many seasons, about the qb that played against the Eagles, and your right it just don't say enough. Hopefully, next season doesn't turn into the seventh time many say " I told you so".

Also FYI, if you dont want to speak of number #11, then dont bring up the "we want carr" chant because it has more to do with Alex then it had to do with Carr.

It just seems like a very reactionary attitude to have and that is never a good thing. If you just stop and look, without getting caught up in all the emotion of it, its a lot easier to see that David Carr was never a good option to begin with.

I would love to think that the fan base was making some kind of political statement, but I spoke to too many people near my seats, in the parking lot, in bars, on facebook, etc...that were CONVINCED David Carr was a better option. I guess I'm not buying your theory that everyone was just chanting to make a point.

As i have already stated, it was years of bad game play that was built up in the fan base, so I dont consider it a "reactionary attitude".

There were many fans were i was sitting that knew Carr was not much of an upgrade, if any, from #11 but were just tired of seeing him stink it up. Im sure there were a few fans that might have thought that Carr was a better option, im not going to argue that, but talking to many niner fans, they knew it wasnt. So, its O.k that you dont buy my theory, because it doesn't support your argument.

Lets just agree to disagree.

Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong people. Look, I understand fans frustration and I get it. I'm sure their were fans that never believed Carr was better, but the ones I ran into, that simply wasn't the case. The other guy who apparently is making the same argument as you said as much. Please read above.

I'm not 'not buying' your theory because it doesn't support my argument, I've just saw a different experience than you did. I would be happy to say I'm wrong if I saw evidence to show otherwise. I don't think either one of us can claim to be right in that case though because its really just individual experience.

Personally, I think you just don't like Alex Smith and wanted to make that clear and tear don't another "Alex supporter." I could be wrong though.

Either way, GO NINERS and if Alex is the starter, God I hope he's better than in the past. I also hope we find a replacement if continues to play at the level he has played at. We can ALL agree on that.

And I love David Carr. I'm a Fresno State fan and will always like the guy and remember his college days. He's simply not a great NFL player and Alex Smith is DRAMATICALLY better than anyone else on the roster at QB...unfortunately I might add.

What people dont understand is that fans just wanted change, whether it was Troy Smith or Carr, it just happened that Carr was next in line. We were on a long losing streak and our season was basically ending. If people had "no clue of what they were talking about", then they would have been oblivious to the fact that the qb on the field had been stinking it up for the majority of his career with niners and wouldnt have chanted. So, It mostly had to do with numerous seasons of losing with that qb on the field and built frustration, than wanting Carr as a qb.

Awww...Change for the sake of change. That's worked really well for this team in the past.

Watch more games and you will see why people wanted a change at QB. There are reasons why thousands of fans were booing and wanted Carr. It wasnt a change because thousands of fans just hate Smith. It was a change because they hated the way he would throw a screen that bounced 3 feet in front of Gore. Or miss wide open guys again and again. Or that panicky roll right n throw out of bounds. He was benched for a reason and yelled at by the HC for a reason. Even the announcers where laughing at Smith for christ sakes. Thankfully we got young rookie in the draft to rescue our QB situation.

Dude, seriously...I can't remember the last time I missed a game. Besides, I'm not talking about Alex Smith. I'm talking about how much of a joke David Carr is and how dumb it is to chant at any point "WE WANT CARR"

I have no intention of turning this into a Alex Smith debate. Dude. lol. seriously.

Well if you didnt miss a game you shouldnt be surprised about fans wanting Carr to play. The QB play from the "starter" was horrible which you should have saw if you were watching. Fans knew that Carr was/is a bad starting QB but he was the better option until he threw his first duck. Then he looked no better than the "starter."

This is my point. Carr at NO POINT was a better option no matter how disappointed you are in the play of Alex Smith.

You think Alex Smith has been a disappointment (to say the least), fine...No argument here.

If you think Carr was "the better option" at anytime....well, I thought you were wrong then and after the Carolina game, "I told you so" just didn't quite say enough.

LOL After Carolina the only difference between the 2 was Smiths arm strength. Smith was outplayed by Moore and his play made Carr the better option in that game. Which was obvious to all who watched, listened or just followed the gameday stats. What were you watching that day? Smith went thru entire qtrs of not completing a single pass. Ill find the link on Pirate Bay and post it for you.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
This is NOT an Alex Smith thread.

LOL After Carolina the only difference between the 2 was Smiths arm strength. Smith was outplayed by Moore and his play made Carr the better option in that game. Which was obvious to all who watched, listened or just followed the gameday stats. What were you watching that day? Smith went thru entire qtrs of not completing a single pass. Ill find the link on Pirate Bay and post it for you.

Look. This isn't an Alex Smith thread. I get it. You hate Alex Smith. I don't care anymore. I don't care to see any clips of Alex Smith to "prove" your point. I've seen enough of his play to form my own opinion.

If you think Carr was a better option. Fine. That was NOT the point of this thread.

Look. This isn't an Alex Smith thread. I get it. You hate Alex Smith. I don't care anymore. I don't care to see any clips of Alex Smith to "prove" your point. I've seen enough of his play to form my own opinion.

If you think Carr was a better option. Fine. That was NOT the point of this thread.

No its a 49er fan knowledge thread. You seemed confused about why people were chanting for Carr and why he was a better option in Carolina. I tried to help you with some knowledge for those reasons. Now if this is the thanks I get for trying to help. Im just gonna take my toys n go home

There are many that have been saying "I told you so" for many seasons, about the qb that played against the Eagles, and your right it just don't say enough. Hopefully, next season doesn't turn into the seventh time many say " I told you so".

Also FYI, if you dont want to speak of number #11, then dont bring up the "we want carr" chant because it has more to do with Alex then it had to do with Carr.

It just seems like a very reactionary attitude to have and that is never a good thing. If you just stop and look, without getting caught up in all the emotion of it, its a lot easier to see that David Carr was never a good option to begin with.

I would love to think that the fan base was making some kind of political statement, but I spoke to too many people near my seats, in the parking lot, in bars, on facebook, etc...that were CONVINCED David Carr was a better option. I guess I'm not buying your theory that everyone was just chanting to make a point.

As i have already stated, it was years of bad game play that was built up in the fan base, so I dont consider it a "reactionary attitude".

There were many fans were i was sitting that knew Carr was not much of an upgrade, if any, from #11 but were just tired of seeing him stink it up. Im sure there were a few fans that might have thought that Carr was a better option, im not going to argue that, but talking to many niner fans, they knew it wasnt. So, its O.k that you dont buy my theory, because it doesn't support your argument.

Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong people. Look, I understand fans frustration and I get it. I'm sure their were fans that never believed Carr was better, but the ones I ran into, that simply wasn't the case. The other guy who apparently is making the same argument as you said as much. Please read above.

I'm not 'not buying' your theory because it doesn't support my argument, I've just saw a different experience than you did. I would be happy to say I'm wrong if I saw evidence to show otherwise. I don't think either one of us can claim to be right in that case though because its really just individual experience.

Personally, I think you just don't like Alex Smith and wanted to make that clear and tear don't another "Alex supporter." I could be wrong though.

Either way, GO NINERS and if Alex is the starter, God I hope he's better than in the past. I also hope we find a replacement if continues to play at the level he has played at. We can ALL agree on that.

Wrong with the bolded.

Agree with the rest.

No its a 49er fan knowledge thread. You seemed confused about why people were chanting for Carr and why he was a better option in Carolina. I tried to help you with some knowledge for those reasons. Now if this is the thanks I get for trying to help. Im just gonna take my toys n go home

I've explained my thoughts on the "WE WANT CARR" very extensively. Please read the whole thread.

Wrong with the bolded.

Agree with the rest.

Sorry, I'm basically getting you and Jimmy49er confused. I'm basically responding to both you at the same time. Haha!

Originally posted by NickSh49:

HA!
How much of our fanbase knows about the TP incident with George Seifert
I'd consider myself a pretty knowledgeable 49ers fan... But, with that said... I'M SICK OF LOSING! If we start losing again, I will not be happy about it. I know all the excuses, I just don't really care. It's professional sports, they are paid to WIN!
Share 49ersWebzone