LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Best Niner Plays

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OK so I technically got this from something nfl.com did on candlestick park, but Garrison Hearst 96 yard OT TD run against the Jets still makes me go nuts everytime I see it, Owens and Dave Fiore go all out on this play to get Hearst in the endzone! Damn i miss those days
http://youtu.be/qkEJu1yQJlE
I remember that Sunday Afternoon very well. I was pretty much slumped in my couch, shaking with nervous jitters after the Jets pinned us inside the 10. I thought we would go 3-and-out then they would kick a field goal to win.

I wanted the Niners to win that game so badly, too. Especially after what happened in Tampa the year before. Then, outta nowhere, BOOM! The most awesomest run of all time.
Leaving some of the obvious ones aside...

I can't remember everything about the game but i recall a goal line stand and the Niners D stuffed the team and I think Lee Woodall (Holyfield), ran a fumble back for a td.

I'm going get some s**t for this, but the naked bootleg by Alex Smith in Seattle was awesome. We hadn't won up there in eons and the major knock on the Niners that year was we couldn't win on the road. Frank was such a beast that year too.

I truly thought that was the beginning of a good thing... still waiting.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'm going get some s**t for this, but the naked bootleg by Alex Smith in Seattle was awesome. We hadn't won up there in eons and the major knock on the Niners that year was we couldn't win on the road. Frank was such a beast that year too.

I truly thought that was the beginning of a good thing... still waiting.

didnt we all........
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

I can't remember everything about the game but i recall a goal line stand and the Niners D stuffed the team and I think Lee Woodall (Holyfield), ran a fumble back for a td.

Vs the Buffalo Bills

Gary Plummer made the hit, Woodhall ran it in

I think that was a night game?
Just some from recently..... not the greatest but brings back some good times in a lot of bad

McDonald pick 6 vs Panthers
Willis 86 yard pick 6 vs Seattle
McDonald blocks field goal, Clements runs it back for TD vs Vikings (right before half)
McDonald blocks field goal, Clements runs it back for TD vs Giants
Willis pick 6 vs Rams
Mays tip toe back of the end zone td off punt deflection vs Falcons
49ers pick Cutler 5
49ers 6 sacks vs Jaguars

Smith to Davis 73 yard TD vs Rams ties TE TD Record at 13
Allen Rossum opening return for td vs Cards MNF
Gore 79 and 80 yard TD runs vs Seattle, 64 Yard TD vs Colts
Davis' and his 100 or so big catches/Tds on seam routes :) Some of them where great in between two defenders in the end zone.
Crabtree has had some nice long TDs, 32, 32, 35, 38, 38, 60... couple of non tds - 38, 39, 50

Probably a ton more but just a few to bring back some good memories.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Beautiful touch passsss

This absolutely one of the most beautiful highlight reels I've seen in a long time. It's just so uncommon. The good ole Techmo Bowl days. Nice.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Vs the Buffalo Bills

Gary Plummer made the hit, Woodhall ran it in

I think that was a night game?

I think it was a Sunday night game, and if I recall correctly that was the game's only TD.

I love that game, still one of my favs, I think it was against buffalo.. The RB jumped up to go in teh endzone and he got rocked hard, fumbled and we ran it back for a td.

As unsportsman as it was, another moment I like was T.O scoring a TD against the Cowboys then running to mid field on the star.

loved it because I hate the cowboys, and especially hated them then because they were our rival.

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jun 24, 2011 at 19:03:26 ]
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I love that game, still one of my favs, I think it was against buffalo.. The RB jumped up to go in teh endzone and he got rocked hard, fumbled and we ran it back for a td.

As unsportsman as it was, another moment I like was T.O scoring a TD against the Cowboys then running to mid field on the star.

loved it because I hate the cowboys, and especially hated them then because they were our rival.

Lol that was awesome...I remember getting into a big argument with my cousins because they're big cowgirl fans. Aww...the good ol' days, when i was able to talk trash....now, not so much
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Lol that was awesome...I remember getting into a big argument with my cousins because they're big cowgirl fans. Aww...the good ol' days, when i was able to talk trash....now, not so much

Yeah, that was actually one of the reasons why i liked TO. I hated his QB bashing antics but he backed up his play on the field. What i liked about that game if I remember it correctly is that he first scored a td and posed on the star of the helmet in the endzone. If the Cowgirls didn't like it than they should keep him from scoring, not retaliate with personal fouls. So then TO turns it up a notch and scores again and then runs to the midfield star to piss them off some more. It's even funnier because I remember vets like Emmit Smith being pissed, but thought he should be more pissed at his own D.

When a team did that to us I remember them scoring a td a mocking Ken Norton and the D boxing the goal post in celebration. That just pissed us off and fired up our D. We got the last laugh when someone on the D returned a td and we blew that team out. maybe the rams???
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Beautiful touch passsss

It was actual underthrown, but the coverage was so bad that it didn't matter. Watch how JR has to wait for it and catch it close to his body instead of out extended in front.

(pretty good pass though)
Share 49ersWebzone