There are 209 users in the forums

Sunday Blitz: Kaepernick a questionable fit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sure would like to know who his high ranking decision makers are that run the west coast. The Eagles have had three QB's that was/is like CK coming out of college and they did or are doing fine.

So CK dinks and dunks on them and can wing it. Sounds like what Tom Laundry once said of what Joe Montana and the Niners did to them in their run to the first SB. Walsh (while JH's WCO is sure to be different) used the pass his ball control, the reason he liked doing what he did is that if you can get the person with the ball past the line of scrimmage, there is always a chance to ripoff a big gain, re rice and taylor, craig rathman, and if they pull in close, take it down the middle with Russ Francis/Brent Jones etc., this is where VD comes in.

The only other successful ones you could quote are Holmgren, Green Bays, and Shanahan.
better fit than Alex Smith.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Sure would like to know who his high ranking decision makers are that run the west coast. The Eagles have had three QB's that was/is like CK coming out of college and they did or are doing fine.

So CK dinks and dunks on them and can wing it. Sounds like what Tom Laundry once said of what Joe Montana and the Niners did to them in their run to the first SB. Walsh (while JH's WCO is sure to be different) used the pass his ball control, the reason he liked doing what he did is that if you can get the person with the ball past the line of scrimmage, there is always a chance to ripoff a big gain, re rice and taylor, craig rathman, and if they pull in close, take it down the middle with Russ Francis/Brent Jones etc., this is where VD comes in.

The only other successful ones you could quote are Holmgren, Green Bays, and Shanahan.

CK is a project qb, but there is no denying his athletic abilities. The important thing is that he be groomed to play the position and not just thrown to the wolves.
Harbaugh knows what he's doing...CK's a tremendous athlete and should be able to adjust to virtually any offense. Some of these so-called experts are rigid and don't believe some QB's can function in different offenses. Their bad...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

CK is a project qb, but there is no denying his athletic abilities. The important thing is that he be groomed to play the position and not just thrown to the wolves.

Agree, but lets think about this, Vick in the west coast system is a different system then brady in the west coast... You fit your players with what they do best, i believe the system doesn't matter if the coachs don't figure out what the player can and can't do and adjust the system to fit, rather then adjusting the player to fit the system! I think we have a good head coach that will do just that, he seems creative enough to figure out what Colin can do best and then make a play around that!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jun 20, 2011 at 13:10:03 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Agree, but lets think about this, Vick in the west coast system is a different system then brady in the west coast... You fit your players with what they do best, i believe the system doesn't matter if the coachs don't figure out what the player can and can't do and adjust the system to fit, rather then adjusting the player to fit the system! I think we have a good head coach that will do just that, he seems creative enough to figure out what Colin can do best and then make a play around that!

I agree with both of you. We should definitely not throw CK on the field this year. As for the coaching, yes, there was a great article ( I posted below ) stating that our WC offense would bend to the will of our QB strengths... team strengths.

Quote:
"Well, what we did at Stanford was a direct reflection of what our players told us they could and that's kind of how we go - put a big, broad system in and then start to see what your players tell you in practice, what they're good at. At then it starts to shift one way or another. To just say, ‘Here's the system, here's what we're doing,' we'll never do that."

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/2/16/1998010/49ers-offensive-coordinator-greg-roman-press-conference-transcript
One of his favorite receivers at UNR, Brandon Wimberly, got shot this weekend.

It's the old, nothing good ever happens outside your home after midnight.
The best fit for Harbaugh's WCO would be me, Jeff Garcia, easily the greatest QB to ever play for the 9ers(sorry Joe, Steve).
Originally posted by JeffGarciaHOF:
The best fit for Harbaugh's WCO would be me, Jeff Garcia, easily the greatest QB to ever play for the 9ers(sorry Joe, Steve).

Originally posted by FreddyG:

Sorry, truth hurts. Joe and Steve were great, but their Grit factor adjusted to the league average was no match for me. I was a warrior.

Originally posted by FreddyG:

Sorry, truth hurts. Joe and Steve were great, but their Grit factor adjusted to the league average was no match for me. I was a warrior.

I don't buy into all the talk that says Kaepernick is a poor fit for the WCO. We've seen many different types of QB's be successful in the WCO. Gunslingers like Brett Favre, scrambling QB's like Steve Young, and even pure-pocket passers like Matt Hasselbeck. If you can ball, you can ball. Kaepernick has good accuracy, athletic instincts, leadership, and a coaching staff that knows good QB play. He will be fine.
sunday blitz should be saying....alex smith, questionable fit........... for the nfl!
Originally posted by asyouwere:
sunday blitz should be saying....alex smith, questionable fit........... for the nfl!

Oh oh-now you've gone and made the Alex Smith supporters mad, watch out for the flying chairs
Originally posted by 5280High:
I personally like to give my QB's 7 years before I decide whether they are a good fit or not.

Share 49ersWebzone