There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sunday Blitz: Kaepernick a questionable fit

Article makes some valid points. time will tell. Gotta coach him up
Originally posted by 5280High:
I personally like to give my QB's 7 years before I decide whether they are a good fit or not.









unnamed "sources" don't mean anything. For all we know, this guy could have asked someone on here. I can see his points, but he is discrediting Harbaugh's coaching ability.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 946
"He’s a football player, first and foremost,” Harbaugh told NFP. “That’s what you look for from any player. He plays really well in 11-on-11, and that’s probably the most important thing. He has a lot of other attributes you look from for a quarterback, whether it be West Coast or any other coast.”
Who cares what a sports writer thinks. Harbaugh was a qb in the NFL, he developed Luck, and now he migh resurect Smiths career and have found a second round gem in Kaepernick.

I think in 3 years Kaepernick will be a more successful qb than all of the qb's in the 2011 draft class. Winner can win in any system. Look at Vick, he succeded in the falcons offense and he is similar to Kaepernick.

With the Defense having to assign a player to mirror Kaepernick to prevent him from take off running will only allow for more holes in the defense.
Making things fit leads to innovation
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,802
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
Kaepernick a questionable fit

"I talked with a couple of high ranking decision-makers about Kaepernick in the West Coast. Both have extensive history with the offense, and both of their teams still deploy it. Neither had Kaepernick pegged as a fit for their team."

I still think he'll be fine. Harbaugh knows what he's doing.

Alot of high ranking decision makers passed on Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers in the first round. Joe Montana and Tom Brady were passed on by several experts.

The more I watch Kaepernick the more impressed I am for his feel for the game. He feels the rush coming and makes plays with his legs or moves and finds an open reciever. He has alot of athletic instincts and seems to be very competitive. Michael Vick has been in the west coast two different times, the only reason he has been much more successful is that he is making the time and effort to learn it this time. Colin has already shown that he is willing to be the first guy in and the last guy to leave the building.

Worst case senerio is that Alex makes the jump to solid starter and we have time to develop Colin.
Originally posted by GORO:
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
Kaepernick a questionable fit

"I talked with a couple of high ranking decision-makers about Kaepernick in the West Coast. Both have extensive history with the offense, and both of their teams still deploy it. Neither had Kaepernick pegged as a fit for their team."

I still think he'll be fine. Harbaugh knows what he's doing.

Alot of high ranking decision makers passed on Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers in the first round. Joe Montana and Tom Brady were passed on by several experts.

The more I watch Kaepernick the more impressed I am for his feel for the game. He feels the rush coming and makes plays with his legs or moves and finds an open reciever. He has alot of athletic instincts and seems to be very competitive. Michael Vick has been in the west coast two different times, the only reason he has been much more successful is that he is making the time and effort to learn it this time. Colin has already shown that he is willing to be the first guy in and the last guy to leave the building.

Worst case senerio is that Alex makes the jump to solid starter and we have time to develop Colin.

Worst or Best!?!
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by 5280High:
I personally like to give my QB's 7 years before I decide whether they are a good fit or not.

lol


.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
There are so many variations of the WC offense that this article fails to take into account...



The WCO is no longer defined/restrained by a certain system or philosophy...it now mostly means the language/taxonomy used.
Originally posted by hofer36:
why all the secrecy on the surgical procedure on kaepernick's leg? seems odd to me that the 49ers beat writers havent found out what it was...

i've just come to the conclusion he got a vasectomy and they call it his "leg" because he has a huuuuuge...
Thats okay because we gonna run the West coast/Pistol offense.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,858
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by hofer36:
why all the secrecy on the surgical procedure on kaepernick's leg? seems odd to me that the 49ers beat writers havent found out what it was...

i've just come to the conclusion he got a vasectomy and they call it his "leg" because he has a huuuuuge...


Anthony Weiner been tweeting you?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i have to admit other than his mobility i dont see him much of a git for the WCO however harbaugh knows best so i believe he is a good fit


I don't automatically subscribe to the notion that Harbaugh know's best since he's an inexperienced rookie NFL HC and a couple of his decisions (like supporting AS - if legitimate) have been questionable so it remains to be seen whether he actually knows what he's doing or not.
There is no doubt the kid is a project qb, the important thing is we now have a coach that knows something about how to teach the position. Teach the young fella to play qb in the league before you throw him to the wolves.