There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Team Workouts Thread

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
TKO doesn't support "player organized work-outs"...

link

I been saying this for a while now camp Alex is nothing more then a good PR stunt.

thus why it's been coined camp alex.
Originally posted by lamontb:

link

I been saying this for a while now camp Alex is nothing more then a good PR stunt.

Give me a break! It's been stated over and over that Harbaugh and Smith agreed to do these things long before any media attention was gained. Harbaugh gave Smith all the necessities to coach this camp. This was more of Harbaugh putting his trust in Smith to do what he can. And by all the players responses thus far they have learned a lot and are excited to play in this offense. Ask VD, Morgan, Crabtree they all say that they learned some nuances of the offense.

This was "coined" camp Alex because he organized the whole thing, when there was no football to be found. This probably would've never happened without Alex.

What about before "Camp Alex?" When Alex was still out there playing catch with Morgan, Jurovich and other OL? That must have been a PR stunt as well.

Am I wrong here?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by lamontb:

link

Give me a break! It's been stated over and over that Harbaugh and Smith agreed to do these things long before any media attention was gained. Harbaugh gave Smith all the necessities to coach this camp. This was more of Harbaugh putting his trust in Smith to do what he can. And by all the players responses thus far they have learned a lot and are excited to play in this offense. Ask VD, Morgan, Crabtree they all say that they learned some nuances of the offense.

This was "coined" camp Alex because he organized the whole thing, when there was no football to be found. This probably would've never happened without Alex.

What about before "Camp Alex?" When Alex was still out there playing catch with Morgan, Jurovich and other OL? That must have been a PR stunt as well.

Am I wrong here?

Nah, you got it exactly right. Some just gotta discredit as much as possible. I have to think that anyone that truly believe these workouts don't matter have very little understanding of how important the events are to a newly implemented offense. Working out new concepts and terminology together on film and on the field is pretty valuable stuff.
haters gonna hate
The same people who were criticizing Smith for not being more like Manning in organizing practices are now calling the practices a PR stunt. Can't be positive, won't be positive, can't work with positive, can't do it!
Quote:
No team stood to lose as much as the 49ers with a prolonged work stoppage because of the new coaching staff, new offensive system and the fact that a large number of the coaches are coming directly from the college ranks. But, at the same time, no team could benefit as much from organized workouts this offseason as the 49ers. It does not make up for a lost offseason. And it certainly does not guarantee Smith or the 49ers, an organization that has not experienced a winning season since 2002, will suddenly have any success in 2011. But it seems obvious that those sessions were more useful than the alternative -- showing up for training camp with not even the most basic knowledge of the system.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/07/11/Maiocco-49ers-lockout-workouts-better-th/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=539743&feedID=5936
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The same people who were criticizing Smith for not being more like Manning in organizing practices are now calling the practices a PR stunt. Can't be positive, won't be positive, can't work with positive, can't do it!

Camp alex will be useful, PR or not, it gave the players a chance to get some of the basics down.

If alex is to be the starter, camp Alex may have given some teammates needed faith in their possible QB.
Alex is an ass kisser.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Alex is an ass kisser.

Alex is an ass kisser.

becareful insulting the great one is a warnable offence
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Alex is an ass kisser.

becareful insulting the great one is a warnable offence

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Kinda stupid there, TKO. I get and agree with you that "every player should be off their arse and keeping in shape on their own".... No problem there.

However, when you have a brand new offense being implemented? Those guys will greatly benefit from working together in the film room and on the field. When Harbaugh and Roman get their hands on them, they will already have a decent blueprint in their heads... a better understanding of the scheme terminology... and some on-field chemistry with teammates.

Since we don't really know what these players not showing up are going through in their private lives? Sure, we shouldn't judge too harshly... but we have every right to feel disappointment in their lack of participation.

I completely agree with you here! Apparently the entire defense feels the same way given 1) they never got a playbook and consequently, 2) didn't organize their own gathering.

I have a feeling the defense is in for a rude awakening when they realize Fangio's defense is the equivalent of learning a WCO.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I have a feeling the defense is in for a rude awakening when they realize Fangio's defense is the equivalent of learning a WCO.

Maybe so... I think Fangio will be smart enough to not give them more than they can handle... which means that our D will start out with more simplicity in mind. Once he feels they have that down, he will add to it as we roll forward.

(my hope at least)