Team Workouts Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
MBachCSN: Alex Smith says got a big "chunk" of offense covered in this camp tho no red zone, 3rd down or 2 min drills.

Only one of the key areas we had problems last year.

Umm... this is a player run practice. lets leve the specialized things to the real coaches. The most important thing these guys should have got outta this is what the plays are and their basic responsibilities. We will get a full camp to deal with the rest.

this

2 min drill red zone and 3rd down are most important and complex

better leave it to the coaches good call by alex and the players there

Ideally, yes I agree. But at this point we don't know what type of practice or training camp we will have. I also agree that the first step is understanding the playbook and formations and installing the base, or primary offensive sets. I'm just expressing an overall concern that this is an area where the team has struggled and has yet to work on it. The lockout is driving me mad.

our training camp is supposed to start in july 28th which is like in a month if no cba is in place by then i think we will go over those in the next player camp
Maiocco posted a wrap-up on the offensive players who did (and didn't) show up to the minicamps.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by FreddyG:

Quote:
MBachCSN: Alex Smith says got a big "chunk" of offense covered in this camp tho no red zone, 3rd down or 2 min drills.

Umm... this is a player run practice. lets leve the specialized things to the real coaches. The most important thing these guys should have got outta this is what the plays are and their basic responsibilities. We will get a full camp to deal with the rest.

this

Yup. Got to get the basics down first.

Plus its hard to simulate those situations in practice.

fake but not gay
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

fake but not gay

That has nothing to do with Team Workouts.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

fake but not gay

That has nothing to do with Team Workouts.

Well, we have never been told what the prize was....hmm...
I am cautiously optimistic about the coming year. Much of it has to do with Harbaugh and his staff. But part of it has to do with Alex. Just looking at the Camp Alex footage one cannot help but be struck by how Alex has changed in many ways. First, he appears much bigger and stronger. He has filled out - matured. When he came into the league he was not only 20, he was slight of build and boy-like in appearance and demeanor.

His personality has matured as well, he is the man in the room, not the boy. He's been kicked around a lot in recent years. So I think he has a chip on his shoulder and won't stand for any other offensive player slacking off or not performing.

We'll see.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I am cautiously optimistic about the coming year. Much of it has to do with Harbaugh and his staff. But part of it has to do with Alex. Just looking at the Camp Alex footage one cannot help but be struck by how Alex has changed in many ways. First, he appears much bigger and stronger. He has filled out - matured. When he came into the league he was not only 20, he was slight of build and boy-like in appearance and demeanor.

His personality has matured as well, he is the man in the room, not the boy. He's been kicked around a lot in recent years. So I think he has a chip on his shoulder and won't stand for any other offensive player slacking off or not performing.

We'll see.

That's what coach sing was trying to get out of him last year, maybe it took a while but finally happened.. lets see how that affects his play.

Quote:

this

Ideally, yes I agree. But at this point we don't know what type of practice or training camp we will have. I also agree that the first step is understanding the playbook and formations and installing the base, or primary offensive sets. I'm just expressing an overall concern that this is an area where the team has struggled and has yet to work on it. The lockout is driving me mad.

All these guys know is the basics of what JH wants them to know. basics. i could understand if were still in the lockout in august but for now. its more important for the players to just know their assignments.
meh
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

We'll see.

meh, Ding wanted him to yell and chest-bump...he qualified that as leadership.
That's what coach sing was trying to get out of him last year, maybe it took a while but finally happened.. lets see how that affects his play.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
meh

We'll see.

Well, I think it also speaks to the 49ers now having a competent offensive staff. This is the first offensive-minded HC that he has had to work with since he's been in the NFL. I think in a way it has sort of rejuvinated him, and hopefully Jim Harbaugh can restore Alex's self- confidence.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
meh

We'll see.

Well, I think it also speaks to the 49ers now having a competent offensive staff. This is the first offensive-minded HC that he has had to work with since he's been in the NFL. I think in a way it has sort of rejuvinated him, and hopefully Jim Harbaugh can restore Alex's self- confidence.

I'm still hoping alex goes lights out and we end up with a mike vick, kevin kolb situation.. and have some trade bait to maybe get a passrusher or shut down corner next year, or the year after.
QB Alex Smith talks to Matt Maioccco and Mindi Bach - CSN
Share 49ersWebzone