LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

All Time 49ers Defensive Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bored as hell and I'm sure its been done before, but since nothing new, who would pick-I know its apples and oranges because of different eras, none the less who would pick. Keep in mind I picked guys on what they did as 49ers and not their previous teams if they came in via FA.

DL
Charles Haley, Fred Dean, Michael Carter, Bryant Young-backed up by Cedrick Hardman

LB
Patrick Willis, Keena Turner, Dave Wilcox-backed up Bill Romanowski

DB
Eric Wright, Jimmy Johnson, Ronnie Lott, Merton Hanks-Backed by Dieon Sanders.
Note: I choose Jimmy because he was a better all around corner than Dione who was strictly a cover guy and good teams like the niners found ways to neutralize him. Merton-well I like the chicken dance
Originally posted by WildBill:
Bored as hell and I'm sure its been done before, but since nothing new, who would pick-I know its apples and oranges because of different eras, none the less who would pick. Keep in mind I picked guys on what they did as 49ers and not their previous teams if they came in via FA.

DL
Charles Haley, Fred Dean, Michael Carter, Bryant Young-backed up by Cedrick Hardman

LB

DB
Note: I choose Jimmy because he was a better all around corner than Dione who was strictly a cover guy and good teams like the niners found ways to neutralize him. Merton-well I like the chicken dance

Dieon Sanders>>Jimmy Johnson, Merton Hanks, Eric Wright
Jeff Fuller starts for any 49ers all time team I can visualise.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

DL

LB

DB

Deon Sanders is not an "All Time 49ers". f**k him! The other guys on that list didn't cost us SB. f**k Haley too.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 25, 2011 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

DL

LB

DB

Deon Sanders is not an "All Time 49ers". f**k him! The other guys on that list didn't cost us SB. f**k Haley too.

Dieon Sanders is one of the primary reasons we were able to win a super bowl in 94 period. Steve Young and Co. couldn't get past the cowboys before he got there or after he left. Charles Haley was also a contributor to multiple superbowl victories.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on May 25, 2011 at 12:47 PM ]

DL

LB

DB

Dieon Sanders is one of the primary reasons we were able to win a super bowl in 94 period. Steve Young and Co. couldn't get past the cowboys before he got there or after he left. Charles Haley was also a contributor to multiple superbowl victories.

Yeah, it was nice to have that one "token" championship. As for Haley, I think we still win without him in 89 and 90.

DL

LB

DB

Yeah thats pretty accurate. Deion was here briefly but we had a solid team that never made it past Dallas until we added Deion that year. Even then we almost lost to them but Deion had that big pass defense broken up to Irvin in the 4th quarter(was pretty close to being called P.I.). Haley was pretty vitale in our superbowl runs and him going to Dallas to me is the same as Ken Norton coming to us. It happens...
i would give dana stubblefield some consideration

DL

LB

DB

Yeah, it was nice to have that one "token" championship. As for Haley, I think we still win without him in 89 and 90.

Maybe we win without him but the fact is he was a contributor to our success and a part of the team. Any player from a superbowl winning 49er team to me deserves to be in the conversation of all time 49ers players.
Surely Leo Nomellini has to be mentioned here?

DL

LB

DB

Nice. Might swap Willie Harper for Bill Romanowski. Also, as much as I loved Eric Wright, I think Deion was the better corner. Deion was just a one-season mercinary, though, so he may be ineligible.

DL

LB

DB

I liked Merton too, but I think you forgot about Tim McDonald. Tony Parrish is another safety to consider, even though he was on a bad team at the time, he was a great player.
prob not the greatest niners, but I loved watching Ken Norton Jr, lee woodall, and gary plummer. They played with a lot of heart, even when their skills or injuries started to diminish them.
Originally posted by English:
Jeff Fuller starts for any 49ers all time team I can visualise.

yeah

DL

LB

DB

Tommy Hart on DL
Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds
Share 49ersWebzone