LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Tim Ryan- new 49ers preseason announcer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dennis O'Donnell is the moron.

That dude makes 10 mistakes per game. Plus he's a Raider fan, it's obvious.

Hate that dude.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by highwayone:

Hate that dude.

Yah he is awful.
A little late to the party but Tim Ryan does games nationally for FOX so this is a big upgrade from Davis who is decent but lacks somewhat in the speech part. Tim has done a lot of our games in the past and always knows our team well being from the Bay Area and being a fan. Now that he will be doing pre season games and previews before the regular season games assuming he does stay with Fox as well he will be even better when he does our games. Knowing the team is my favorite aspect when it comes to analysts/broadcasters. Plus he speaks well.... He isn't the best out there but doing both aspects fairly well is better than some of the top guys that don't know our team.

Now they just have to replace Dennis... he makes so many mistakes in the speech department and doesn't know the game that well either.
didnt this dude criticize Crabtree?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
didnt this dude criticize Crabtree?

not sure, he could've and crabtree probably deserved it
Originally posted by susweel:

Hate that dude.

Yah he is awful.

Agree, and why can't they find someone, anyone, to replace the sideline reporter. She makes my eyes hurt.

Hate that dude.

Dennis O'Donnell forces me to watch the game with the sound on mute!
Originally posted by niner_empire:
what was wrong with eric davis!?

Davis can't be in two places at one time... radio AND tv.
sweet

next move, REPLACE DENNIS O'DONNELL
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Hate that dude.

Yah he is awful.

Agree, and why can't they find someone, anyone, to replace the sideline reporter. She makes my eyes hurt.

Yeah. Kim Coyle I think her name is and I agree. It's time to put her out to pasture and get some eye candy out there. As a Niner fan, the recent history has been brutal. Throw us a bone and get a hot piece of azz on that sideline. No more man faced female reporters who don't wear makeup. Save that sh1t for the WNBA.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on May 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM ]

Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Hate that dude.

Yah he is awful.

Yeah. Kim Coyle I think her name is and I agree. It's time to put her out to pasture and get some eye candy out there. As a Niner fan, the recent history has been brutal. Throw us a bone and get a hot piece of azz on that sideline. No more man faced female reporters who don't wear makeup. Save that sh1t for the WNBA.

LOOOOOL Damn that is probably the funniest thing I've read on this forum.
Anyone is better than Eric Davis, aside from Dennis O'Donnell.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Tim Ryan's addition to their preseason TV broadcast team. Ryan has worked 12 of the 49ers' last 48 regular-season games for Fox. He grew up in San Jose, lives there currently and played with 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh when both were with the Chicago Bears. Ryan: "I grew up loving the 49ers."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/38113/around-the-nfc-west-taylor-mays-future

[ Edited by Apone on May 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
In my opinion Tim Ryan sucks. It's a B hire. they could have done better

Its f**kin pre-season.
Dennis should've been replaced first...but at least the journalistic side of him would call out our player's mistakes....but the guy is an embarrassment as a play by play man. These past 10 years, it has been comedy hour having him as the play by play man...and you would just look forward to see what type of silly mistakes he would make.

I say they bring over Ted Robinson from the Radio side, to work with Tim Ryan....and move Dennis to the Radio.

Eric Davis was not that bad....first he started as a team homer/representative...but slowly couldn't be fake anymore....where as Kenna Turner was the Perfect Homer for the Yorks.
Share 49ersWebzone